Back to the Future: An interview with Shaun Edwards

spacer.png

“I’m loving my time as a fan on the terraces in Perpignan and can’t wait for there to be a derby with Toulouse.”

Read the full League Express interview with Rugby League legend Shaun Edwards online now at

His possible return to Wigan didn't work out but he is the most decorated Rugby League player in the British game and now he takes his family to Super League games as a fan... that'll do for me.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

This tickled me...."Ancient divisions do not concern Edwards, who added, “I’m a rugby man, I love both codes"

Hmmm....do you remember the interview you did at the end of the Bath v Wigan game Shaun? All those years back? Watch from right at the end 19.34.......😂

Fair play to the guy though, opinions change, and he's made a good career out of Union.

52 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

His possible return to Wigan didn't work out but he is the most decorated Rugby League player in the British game and now he takes his family to Super League games as a fan... that'll do for me.

I wouldn't dismiss any idea that one he wants to coach in Rugby League when he thinks he's gone as far as he can in union and has a healthy bank account. Of course whether he does is anybody's guess as he wouldn't take anything less than a Super League club and would still want a decent wedge

17 hours ago, The British Lion said:

This tickled me...."Ancient divisions do not concern Edwards, who added, “I’m a rugby man, I love both codes"

Hmmm....do you remember the interview you did at the end of the Bath v Wigan game Shaun? All those years back? Watch from right at the end 19.34.......😂

Fair play to the guy though, opinions change, and he's made a good career out of Union.

Great interview that 😂

18 hours ago, The British Lion said:

I always remember this interview when Shaun goes on about Union now. I also recall in the late 90s, probably about 1997, and he was on a late night sports show on Channel 4, I cant recall the name, but he absolutely tore into Union.

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

I always remember this interview when Shaun goes on about Union now. I also recall in the late 90s, probably about 1997, and he was on a late night sports show on Channel 4, I cant recall the name, but he absolutely tore into Union.

It's all about the ££££££ for him. Despite the hype from union circles he would return to our game tomorrow if they paid the same money or near enough.

I once went to watch Leeds Tykes v Wasps through work at Headingley. Edwards was on the Wasps Coaching Staff. At half time after a first half of total dross, I walked up the Stand and he was sat doing some stats. I said to him, "you aught to get your boots on Shaun for the second half, you couldn't do any worse". He said, "I know, it's utter ######".

3 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

I once went to watch Leeds Tykes v Wasps through work at Headingley. Edwards was on the Wasps Coaching Staff. At half time after a first half of total dross, I walked up the Stand and he was sat doing some stats. I said to him, "you aught to get your boots on Shaun for the second half, you couldn't do any worse". He said, "I know, it's utter ######".

Cool story. You should definitely tell that more often. 

Archived