France v England TV

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/09/2021 at 19:48, ATLANTISMAN said:

I agree but fingers crossed one has to remember this match has been arranged at 6/7 weeks notice.

Also the Dragons lost their deal with Bein Sport for the last 2/3 matches.

As soon as I get some more news I will post however the call this afternoon from a member of the Fed informed me that so far its a no.

If that’s a disaster I hope you’re never in an earthquake.

2 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

I wasn't trolling anyone. 

Some misguided northerner was bleating on about "giving the licence payers what they want" when there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that "the licence payers" want to watch this friendly international rugby league match. The fact that it is only likely to sell about 7000 tickets backs this up, as does the fact that hardly any fans from the UK will be bothered traveling to watch it live. 

There are 26 million TV licences in the UK. That population clearly does not "want" on average to sit down and watch this Rugby League friendly!!!

Get a grip FFS. The wider public couldn't care less about this game.

Your arguments are so simplistic and your treatment of other posters is so contemptuous (and personally insulting) that you certainly do qualify as a troll.

I'll explain.

First of all, I have to agree, that there is little evidence that the licence payers want to watch this match, but it's also true, that there's no evidence to suggest they don't want to watch it either. You don't mention that fact.

Instead you refer to the original poster as a ''misguided northerner''. That's not evidence based argument, it's a purely subjective opinion and your judgement (of him) is personally insulting. That's trolling.

As Eddie says, quite rightly, it's unlikely that all 26 million or so would want to watch it, but a lot of RL matches on BBC draw significant numbers of viewers, so Eddie's point that enough are likely to watch it that the BBC ''ought'' to show it is valid.

We won't know whether Eddie is right until after the match is played and the viewership is made public, but if they don't show it, we'll never know.

Now what does your comment, that ''that population clearly does not ''want'' on average .....to watch...this...'' mean?

Want on average?

I'll say straight off the bat, that that just doesn't make sense, here, in England or in Ireland, although I can't know if it makes some odd kind of sense in Scotland, I've never been there. Perhaps you can advise?

I'm not going to speculate about your intended meaning (heaven only knows?) but you use the phrase as a kind of slur to imply some innate insufficiency in the game and to demean the sport and it's fans and to call into question their love of the game.

That's not a neutral, unemotional, objective statement, it's intended to cause hurt and insult.

It's pure trolling and I'm not having it. FFS.

https://www.ffr13.fr/france-angleterre-ouverture-de-la-billetterie/

The ticket office for the France - England match to Gilbert Brutus on Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 2:00 pm & 4:30 pm is now open.

The Habs will be keen to win the victory in France against a Catalan audience that has always been able to respond present in the den of the Dragons.

A 2-match pass!

This sporting day will be an opportunity for the French Women's Team to meet the English national team by raising the curtain. Come and encourage them from 2:00 pm to attend the matches of our Bleu.e.s!

Preferential rates have been devised to allow everyone to go to the stadium to support the XIII of France. Fans can already take their seats on the billetterie.ffr13.fr website. Catalan Dragons subscribers will be able to benefit from a €5 discount upon presentation of their card at the entrance to the stadium, which will open its doors from 1:00 pm.

• Bonzoms Gold Tribune: 35€
  • Bonzoms Silver Tribune: €25
  • Puig-Aubert Tribune: €20
  • Guasch-Laborde Tribune: €20
  • Gradins & Weighing: €10
  • -10 years: 5€

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

The fact is enough people would watch to make it something the bbc should show, let’s face it RL just isn’t woke enough for them to be interested in. 

@Eddie how is that a fact?? Who says this friendly game against an opponent that is not even fully professional, should be broadcast by BBC ahead of whatever else they are showing that night??

And more to the point, what do you mean by the second part? "Woke enough" ? Am not sure what that means, sorry. Rugby League is a sport, that is not very popular across the wider UK population. It is a small-time local sport, and that is largely reflected in small-time local media coverage.

15 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

@Eddie how is that a fact?? Who says this friendly game against an opponent that is not even fully professional, should be broadcast by BBC ahead of whatever else they are showing that night??

And more to the point, what do you mean by the second part? "Woke enough" ? Am not sure what that means, sorry. Rugby League is a sport, that is not very popular across the wider UK population. It is a small-time local sport, and that is largely reflected in small-time local media coverage.

Not often you say negative comments about RL and the RL international game kid....🤔🤔

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

What do the wider population care about, there are few if any tv programmes that get the majority of people watching. The fact is enough people would watch to make it something the bbc should show, let’s face it RL just isn’t woke enough for them to be interested in. 

Would be this be the same ‘woke’ BBC who are covering the RLWC in full with every game live? The same ‘woke’ BBC who cover the sports premier knockout competition? The same woke BBC who have secondary and radio rights for the Super League etc etc.

Your posts have been one long boring political dig at the ‘woke’ BBC from the start.

The truth is why should any broadcaster shift its schedule at late notice for a one-off meaningless friendly. Offer the BBC, or anyone really, a meaningful and regular international tournament and they will be be interested- not some quick back of the fag packet friendly after the sport has forced them to completely rip up its TV and radio schedules by cancelling the World Cup at the last minute.

8 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

Would be this be the same ‘woke’ BBC who are covering the RLWC in full with every game live? The same ‘woke’ BBC who cover the sports premier knockout competition? The same woke BBC who have secondary and radio rights for the Super League etc etc.

Your posts have been one long boring political dig at the ‘woke’ BBC from the start.

The truth is why should any broadcaster shift its schedule at late notice for a one-off meaningless friendly. Offer the BBC, or anyone really, a meaningful and regular international tournament and they will be be interested- not some quick back of the fag packet friendly after the sport has forced them to completely rip up its TV and radio schedules by cancelling the World Cup at the last minute.

This. 100%.

13 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

We would all love the match to be on TV but let's be realistic

The absolute bare minimum for any international rugby league match featuring England is that there should be TV coverage of it.

This isn't the first time it's happened that the game is scrabbling and may not even achieve that.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

The absolute bare minimum for any international rugby league match featuring England is that there should be TV coverage of it.

This isn't the first time it's happened that the game is scrabbling and may not even achieve that.

Indeed, it isn't realistic to expect a Test match involving England to have no TV coverage. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I can't lie, you are making this thread a bit of a roller-coaster 🤣

He failed to mention it was the Brixton Broadcasting Corporation and Delbert Wilkins will be hosting!

Only hold up was the Perpignan venue. Delbert wanted it at the Totally Wicked Stadium.

the_lenny_henry_show_1987.jpg

On 27/09/2021 at 19:11, Gomersall said:

https://www.ffr13.fr/france-angleterre-ouverture-de-la-billetterie/

The ticket office for the France - England match to Gilbert Brutus on Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 2:00 pm & 4:30 pm is now open.

The Habs will be keen to win the victory in France against a Catalan audience that has always been able to respond present in the den of the Dragons.

A 2-match pass!

This sporting day will be an opportunity for the French Women's Team to meet the English national team by raising the curtain. Come and encourage them from 2:00 pm to attend the matches of our Bleu.e.s!

Preferential rates have been devised to allow everyone to go to the stadium to support the XIII of France. Fans can already take their seats on the billetterie.ffr13.fr website. Catalan Dragons subscribers will be able to benefit from a €5 discount upon presentation of their card at the entrance to the stadium, which will open its doors from 1:00 pm.

• Bonzoms Gold Tribune: 35€
  • Bonzoms Silver Tribune: €25
  • Puig-Aubert Tribune: €20
  • Guasch-Laborde Tribune: €20
  • Gradins & Weighing: €10
  • -10 years: 5€

Got our 6 tickets. 1 Wigan ( me ) 5 London , in the away end. 

can’t wait. Off to France tomorrow watching Catalan and Toulouse semi final 

11 hours ago, Jim from Oz said:

So both games (Catalans and Toulouse S-Fs) will be on TV this weekend, yes?

And are the kick-off times confirmed?

Would love to watch both games online from Oz if I can …

Thanks all !

Catalans play on Thursday, Toulouse on Saturday. As they're both on Sky, I expect Fox League 502 will show them.

https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/ 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 hours ago, Tippingsarmswarrior said:

Got our 6 tickets. 1 Wigan ( me ) 5 London , in the away end. 

can’t wait. Off to France tomorrow watching Catalan and Toulouse semi final 

This is odd, Frying Scotsman says no English fans can be bothered to go. 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

This is odd, Frying Scotsman says no English fans can be bothered to go. 

Of course a few will make it over. There will be hardly any though. A pitiful away support. Here's hoping the ones that do go are better behaved than the featherstone rovers fans who were racially abusing a group of us at the Toulouse game. It was like something out of the 1970s.... Desperate desperate stuff. 

2 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Of course a few will make it over. There will be hardly any though. A pitiful away support. Here's hoping the ones that do go are better behaved than the featherstone rovers fans who were racially abusing a group of us at the Toulouse game. It was like something out of the 1970s.... Desperate desperate stuff. 

Just like an old firm football match then....

You really do hate the English dont you lad!!- its every other post - in between slating SL....

Archived