Salford to move to Moor Lane?

28 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

According to this total Premier League matchday revenue for last season was £700 between 20 clubs. An average of £35 Million per club over 19 games.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/874020/revenue-of-premier-league-football-clubs-by-stream/

I can’t see how £1M per game is remotely achievable at Moor Lane or £200 per fan assuming 5000.

I suspect SRD would be happy with the £100,000 per game that is more likely. 

Haha not each game!!!

I am half watching Its A Wonderful Life and even #### Potter couldn't contrive what you suggest.

Mr MacManus reported Saints earn £100k from around 12000 specs per game from hospitality.

SRD will get a fraction of that, but add naming rights, 4g pitch hire and all the other gubbins of running, if not owning her own. 

Certainly more than nothing as now..

Edited by idrewthehaggis

3 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

If I recall the context of King speaking about "1000 season holders" was in regards to the impact of the Pandemic and uncertainty of fans attending in 2022, as well as unfounded speculation  about where SRD will play next season. Plus it was in October, barely out of the last season. Normally sale range from 2-3k. And as attendance numbers are not set by the club, unlike certain local big names, they do not register STH whether they attend or not.

Don't let the truth get in the way.

SRD are moving.

🙂The next ground will be cheaper to rent and will increase match day revenue possibly up to a £1m.

🙂It will be nearer the city centres.

🙂Easier to get to by bus.

😀Sure local parking is ######, but it's a 5min Uber from Prestwich or Manchester city centre.

🙂Is the same land size as Cas, etc and can be expanded.

🙂The club is well run and is debt free.

🙂If it's Moor Lane, it will be on a historical old rugby ground.

🙂It will be in an multicultural area, which would allow the game to continue its historical tradition of inclusiveness. Too much of some aspects of RL seems to dwell in monocultural Tory/Brexit voting small town silos .Others the very opposite. Make it always the opposite.

🙂The RFL will find it hard to continue suppressing clubs like SRD, especially in regards to Academies. 

🙂It will have a cracking atmosphere. 

🙂It could be developed as a community hub for Kersal/Broughton/Prestwich.

🙂The camera views of the glistening megapolis of Manchester and Salford will look brilliant 

Modern, glamorous and progressive. Everything we want RL to be. 

😀🥃🥃It's walking distance from our house.😂

If RL can not make a fist of it in Manchester/Salford I think it's more than SRD to blame. If RL wants to stem the decline, the RFL needs to stop being a lobby for four or so big hugely indebted clubs and go for leather in places like Manchester/Salford.

Excellent stuff, other than your irrelevant dig at people who voted to leave the EU. 

• Like 1

I have read an article about this on the Manchester Evening News website.

And it seems that in order to get Moor Lane up to Super League standards will cost a bit of money which I thought was the case regardless.It seems that the floodlights aren’t SL standard, and that the advertising hoardings aren’t high enough which would reduce capacity to make them bigger along with the TV gantry not being good enough.

Who would pay for that to be rectified? How much would it cost?And would it be worth it?

Now reading the article and reading between the lines,it suggests that Salford as a Super League club is simply not going to be sustainable. And the article suggested that they may have to look elsewhere for a Super League quality Stadium ie the Manchester arena next to the Etihad,Middlebrook,Bolton or Gigg Lane Bury.But that means leaving the area and they only need to look at Swinton to see how that has effected them.

It certainly looks to me as an outsider looking in that they are facing an existential issue now.Very much at crunch time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Haha not each game!!!

I am half watching Its A Wonderful Life and even #### Potter couldn't contrive what you suggest.

Mr MacManus reported Saints earn £100k from around 12000 specs per game from hospitality.

SRD will get a fraction of that, but add naming rights, 4g pitch hire and all the other gubbins of running, if not owning her own. 

Certainly more than nothing as now..

Average hospitality for a SL game ( 300 max) is around 30K apart from Catalan Dragons (500) around 100K  (Higher prices) 

Leeds would be up there as well and next Toulouse no-one else anywhere near.

Paul

44 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

And the article suggested that they may have to look elsewhere for a Super League quality Stadium ie the Manchester arena next to the Etihad,Middlebrook,Bolton or Gigg Lane Bury.But that means leaving the area and they only need to look at Swinton to see how that has effected them  

Agree, if they moved to any of those places they might as well cut to the chase and fold now.  However if they do move to Moor Lane hopefully the RFL will give them a couple of years to get it up to standard. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Agree, if they moved to any of those places they might as well cut to the chase and fold now.  However if they do move to Moor Lane hopefully the RFL will give them a couple of years to get it up to standard. 

If they did do that then I would say a maximum of 2 years and no more. And in my opinion it should be on their dime or the dime of the owners of Moor Lane and most certainly not the Council Tax payers. And in my opinion Salford City Council should not end up the owners of Moor Lane.

6 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Rugby League Project reckons there's a 1,000 crowd v Batley in 2003 and a fair few in the 1,200-1,500 range.

Their data isn't always 100% accurate though.

Wouldn’t surprise me. Still hardly a comparison though - and I’d expect Rovers were usually ahead of their peers in that league at the time, despite everything that was going on

Regardless, my original note was made out of empathy, in-part having been there (especially watching the Broncos decline from a semi-inside role too), God knows why anyone got so bloomin’ defensive about it 🙄

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Robthegasman said:

I have read an article about this on the Manchester Evening News website.

And it seems that in order to get Moor Lane up to Super League standards will cost a bit of money which I thought was the case regardless.It seems that the floodlights aren’t SL standard, and that the advertising hoardings aren’t high enough which would reduce capacity to make them bigger along with the TV gantry not being good enough.

Who would pay for that to be rectified? How much would it cost?And would it be worth it?

Now reading the article and reading between the lines,it suggests that Salford as a Super League club is simply not going to be sustainable. And the article suggested that they may have to look elsewhere for a Super League quality Stadium ie the Manchester arena next to the Etihad,Middlebrook,Bolton or Gigg Lane Bury.But that means leaving the area and they only need to look at Swinton to see how that has effected them.

It certainly looks to me as an outsider looking in that they are facing an existential issue now.Very much at crunch time.

I think the council seem pretty committed to facilitating this move, which hopefully means Moor Lane can become a reduced-size platform to rebuild from

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I think the council seem pretty committed to facilitating this move, which hopefully means Moor Lane can become a reduced-size platform to rebuild from

As a Council Tax payer who has the misfortune to pay my Council Tax to Salford City Council I don’t think one single penny of public money should be spent on that ground.Besides Salford RLFC have had quite a lot of public money given to them and either none of it or very little of it has been paid back.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

I voted to leave the EU. And I don’t regret it for one second.

For a clean sweep and to expedite the thread getting locked, can you give us your vaccine views as well please?

Edited by Whippet13
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

If they did do that then I would say a maximum of 2 years and no more. And in my opinion it should be on their dime or the dime of the owners of Moor Lane and most certainly not the Council Tax payers. And in my opinion Salford City Council should not end up the owners of Moor Lane.

I thought Salford City Council do own it.

8 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

For a clean sweep and to expedite the thread getting locked, can you give us your vaccine views as well please?

To be fair, he didn't start bringing political views into it. 

21 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Yeah great benchmark… sorry, just to clarify, was that when we’d been in SuperLeague for most of the prior 25 years like Salford have now? 

[….waits patiently for honest response…]

Mate, my original comment was from genuine concern and empathy, not snide points-scoring “my clubs better than your club” mindless nonsense, so wind your neck in. 

Accept comment was genuine concern and Salford are a mid 4000’s draw in SL, but most clubs have had bad times fans often forget. Between the lines Salford look luvved as I am sure the council can’t carry on justifying no rent and wiping of debts much longer and this new place is as attractive as a vote for Jezza in 2019 was for somebody in real work 

4 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

I am not sure.I do know that the refurbishment of Moor Lane which has been a good job overall was paid for by the owners of Salford City FC ie the”Class of 92”and Peter Lin.

Things like that are quite normal but don't mean that Salford City Council don't own it. They certainly own the land. Manchester City Council own the Etihad but Man City pay for improvements and operating costs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Things like that are quite normal but don't mean that Salford City Council don't own it. They certainly own the land. Manchester City Council own the Etihad but Man City pay for improvements and operating costs.

I think you may be right that they(Salford City Council)own the land.

13 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

As a Council Tax payer who has the misfortune to pay my Council Tax to Salford City Council I don’t think one single penny of public money should be spent on that ground.Besides Salford RLFC have had quite a lot of public money given to them and either none of it or very little of it has been paid back.

I find it bizarre when fans believe the local authority (council tax payers) should pay for their stadium upgrades, you get a similar attitude with Wakefield and Castleford fans as well as at Salford. They are basically asking for their neighbours to subsidise their hobby of watching Rugby League.

11 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I find it bizarre when fans believe the local authority (council tax payers) should pay for their stadium upgrades, you get a similar attitude with Wakefield and Castleford fans as well as at Salford. They are basically asking for their neighbours to subsidise their hobby of watching Rugby League.

You really don't want to go there!

https://democracy.leeds.gov.uk/ieDecisionDetails.aspx?AIId=62171