Salford to move to Moor Lane?

8 minutes ago, Oxford said:

There's nothing twisted about this ; I support RL and SRD they are my primary sporting passion.The Fans of SRD haven't changed their minds on anything as far as I'm aware. They want their team to own the stadium or have preferential treatment from the council of the city they come from. SRD fans have always seen the sharks as interlopers and I'd have thought any self-respecting TGG fan would share those views unless they don't like SRD or prefer k&c or have shares in Peel holdings.

And as I said I expect no one to support SRD on this in any meaningful way, and never did.

I suppose it all depends what you rather see at a stadium in Salford.

Jesus wept. You seem to really struggle to comprehend what was actually meant and are now jumping to all sorts of conclusions. I'll refrain from making a jokey comment to your posts again. Lesson learned.

Edited by Damien

17 minutes ago, Damien said:

Jesus wept. You seem to really struggle to comprehend what was actually meant and are now jumping to all sorts of conclusions. I'll refrain from making a jokey comment to your posts again. Lesson learned.

Damien, I hope you're not upset.

I just maintain nothing much has changed, and whatever the outcome of the stadium we either love TGG or we don't. If SRD do go to the Peninsular the likelihood is they'll not last long. There are other factors like the RFL changing to criteria for stadia which is not particularly relevant now.

I do think there are more people who don't follow SRD or RL that have signed the petition than other TGG fans.

Which is a bit sad but not unexpected.

Edited by Oxford

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

59 minutes ago, Scubby said:

welcome Salford City with open arms (and get rid of the blue seats lol

Or we could get the Lions in and keep the blue seats.

• Like 1

Interesting and I quote

"Garry Schofield offers his thoughts on the Cup Final and also asks can the Red Devils get the backing they deserve? "

8,533 have signed. Has Garry?

Edited by Oxford

11 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

I’d love it just LOVE it if Salford buy the stadium and kick the horrible Union boys out.  That would be a beautiful day. 😎

"My oh my it's a beautiful day!"🎶

8,540 have signed

10 hours ago, Damien said:

So would I, I would love to see that too.

However its really odd that you have being so twisted on this. You've just proved my original reply. There was absolutely nothing outrageous about Salford fans who had signed that petition changing their mind if it meant them buying the stadium. As I said you show that.

Additionally Salford fans on here have been telling us how a move to Moor Lane will be better for the club as they would gain revenue streams and it would be far more affordable. It is seemingly what their owners wanted too. They have never been able to make playing at this community stadium work, have failed to pay rent in the past and have been hamstrung by it as they haven't been able to generate revenue. Yet you want this to continue, contradictory to many posts on here from other Salford fans saying that Moor Lane would be better.

The latest development changes that obviously and I genuinely hope this comes off as it would be great for Salford and RL.

Yeah I am one who has argued Moor Lane is a good option.

But the intervention of Mr Gerard changes matters. Before he arose, there was no reasonable prospect of SRD buying the AJ Bell of Risible Match Day Returns. Only Moor Lane offered that then.

As in the case for any senior RL club, control over the revenue streams has to be a priority. That and the extent of running costs. I have no idea whether the AJ Bell nor Moor Lane provides the respective most and least in this context.

Whatever I hope the attractions of new investment from Gerard and Done will give SRD the flexibility to freely choose whatever is the best deal for them. I can see the good and bad about each ground and each will need some brave decisions to make them viable. 

And I am sure you will ask Oxford, I signed that petition as soon as I read in on the Devil Talk forum. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Whatever I hope the attractions of new investment from Gerard and Done

Is Fred actually involved here or just cheering quietly from the Bookies?

4 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

control over the revenue streams has to be a priority

This is the thing that makes the difference between being a contender or not.

• Like 1

Oxford, SRD has shown themselves to be contenders recently. Guaranteeing revenue streams would make that a more lasting edition.

I know some supporters like JJR on the "Diablo" forum is one of many Reds who look at Moor Lane as a potential graveyard. (Or is that Hell to continue the analogy?), but I see just opportunity.

The initial aspiration is to ensure SRD have a primary position in choosing where to play.

That choice will be dependent on the extent of available finances.

If that is positive, then the choice will be an calculation of

a. Which ground will provide the greatest income for the club

b. Which ground will need the least renovation and running

c. Most important what does the fans want.

It seems that the timeline will be SRD play at AJ Bell until November 2023, Salford City Fc will play theoretically until then and maybe till May 2024. Where SRD play in early 2024 is an obvious question.

If they stay at the AJ Bell then this isn't an issue. But if its Moor Lane, then we are talking between 16 to 23 months to source the finance, draw up plans and contracts, gain planning permission and then get anything built.

At Barton that means removing them blue seats and maybe re-jigging where the TV cameras are. At Kersal, it means a new or two stand extensions and indoor bogs.

Time is ticking🚦

Edited by idrewthehaggis

35 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Oxford, SRD has shown themselves to be contenders recently. Guaranteeing revenue streams would make that a more lasting edition.

I know some supporters like JJR on the "Diablo" forum is one of many Reds who look at Moor Lane as a potential graveyard. (Or is that Hell to continue the analogy?), but I see just opportunity.

The initial aspiration is to ensure SRD have a primary position in choosing where to play.

That choice will be dependent on the extent of available finances.

If that is positive, then the choice will be an calculation of

a. Which ground will provide the greatest income for the club

b. Which ground will need the least renovation and running

c. Most important what does the fans want.

It seems that the timeline will be SRD play at AJ Bell until November 2023, Salford City Fc will play theoretically until then and maybe till May 2024. Where SRD play in early 2024 is an obvious question.

If they stay at the AJ Bell then this isn't an issue. But if its Moor Lane, then we are talking between 16 to 23 months to source the finance, draw up plans and contracts, gain planning permission and then get anything built.

At Barton that means removing them blue seats and maybe re-jigging where the TV cameras are. At Kersal, it means a new or two stand extensions and indoor bogs.

Time is ticking🚦

Where will Sale play then if Salford buy the AJ Bell?

21 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Where will Sale play then if Salford buy the AJ Bell?

Well obviously, that was my first consideration.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, The storm said:

Moor lane 

I didn't have any suggestions though as they are happy for SRD to end up there it must be okay for them too.

ZFgQFyNYAPhGBGY-800x450-noPad.jpg?161842

8,601 have signed.

On 27/05/2022 at 11:17, To Be Confirmed said:

How exacty is it a crappy location? its pretty much straight off the motorway, is a 15min walk from one of the largest shopping centres in the north of England 

Have you ever parked there?

Absolutely unbelievable stadium got planning permission (Peel !!) with no proper access road - and a car park with one road in snd out. 
The poor access helped trash attendances.

Salford signed worst commercial deal ever in history of sport at the stadium. A ten year old could have realised 8k B/E too high - snd zero income from food sales, not even a rider…

Only rugby league could see a club forced from his own - owned - stadium, with support from a pro RL council - and end up homeless (after being owned by a multi millionaire)

I really hope this works out…

• Like 1

It is fascinating that Peel ( who me Mam used to work for ) Holding's role in this is sidelined by people wanting to blame RL. In the same way ru as a rival is ignored in the market area involved. I don't want to get into these things to be honest but blaming RL is illogical for mine.

3 hours ago, Oxford said:

It is fascinating that Peel ( who me Mam used to work for ) Holding's role in this is sidelined by people wanting to blame RL. In the same way ru as a rival is ignored in the market area involved. I don't want to get into these things to be honest but blaming RL is illogical for mine.

I know some are arguing Peel are somehow biased towards rugby union. Maybe John Whittaker- their owner- was a zippy blindside flanker in his youth at Bury Grammar - but as far as I understand his company are an archetypical mid sized capitalist concern.

Who wishes to pay the most generous price for their half ownership will suffice, irrespective of what Laws or Rules they play to.

Have you ever parked there?

Absolutely unbelievable stadium got planning permission (Peel !!) with no proper access road - and a car park with one road in snd out. 
The poor access helped trash attendances.

Salford signed worst commercial deal ever in history of sport at the stadium. A ten year old could have realised 8k B/E too high - snd zero income from food sales, not even a rider…

Only rugby league could see a club forced from his own - owned - stadium, with support from a pro RL council - and end up homeless (after being owned by a multi millionaire)

I really hope this works out…

Yes Mr Pies. It is a crappy location. An example - if desired- on how not to build a new ground.

Did not Steve Simms - once of SRD - try to impress us all by noting that the ground could be seen by thousands of passing drivers on the Barton viaduct.  This visage clearly for him was the key to success. 

The lock was glued, the key was bent. The tang of Trafford's finest faeces drifts merrily around the Ship Canal if you are lucky.

You can - for the price of an average bottle of wine - purchase an hour more in the rubble strewn car park. The TV cameras face the wrong way and it is only ground in which the not particularly frequent buses go from two very diverse stops. There ain't a SRD club shop and the presence of the motoway then walk across creates an uninviting physical barrier for supporters.

But is is still better than a host of Yorkshire grounds and at least as you watch another dismal defeat you are dry unlike in the conjoined twin in Leeds and the bogs are bogs not erm bogs.

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

I know some are arguing Peel are somehow biased towards rugby union.

I don't think there's a doubt about this or an argument that could be put forward that this is not the case.

They are not the only ones involved of course but the only thing good about them was they didn't want to be seen as driving SRD out even though they are. Okay to do it but not to look like they were!

Until the recent possibilities came to light they were the only game in town and most likely still are. The other most likely outcome is that SRD will move to Moor Lane and survive for a few years before ceasing to exist altogether.

I have long ago given up on the idea of the RL family because there are too many k&c apologists in our midst.

• Like 1

Where is the notion the this bloke is buying SRD coming from?

I understood it as he wants to buy the AJB and wants SRD as tenants - probably with Sale and a soccer club also.

He can buy SRD if he wants regardless, but it seems everything is hinged on him getting the AJB, not the SRD.