Salford to move to Moor Lane?

10 minutes ago, dboy said:

Where is the notion the this bloke is buying SRD coming from?

I understood it as he wants to buy the AJB and wants SRD as tenants - probably with Sale and a soccer club also.

He can buy SRD if he wants regardless, but it seems everything is hinged on him getting the AJB, not the SRD.

Among other places  SARL The Red devils Website Sky

there was this

https://www.totalrl.com/salford-welcome-potential-investment/

I think the talks with the club are a bit of a clue.

I have said that good things come out of SRD but don't necessarily happen to them and I thought this is a real disservice to Paul King and the other board members which I'm sorry for but this was only in reference to competing with the big clubs.

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

22 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Among other places  SARL The Red devils Website Sky

there was this

https://www.totalrl.com/salford-welcome-potential-investment/

I think the talks with the club are a bit of a clue.

I have said that good things come out of SRD but don't necessarily happen to them and I thought this is a real disservice to Paul King and the other board members which I'm sorry for but this was only in reference to competing with the big clubs.

What's clear is that Gerrard wants the AJB.

Any interest in SRD is hoped for by SRD.

22 minutes ago, dboy said:

What's clear is that Gerrard wants the AJB.

Any interest in SRD is hoped for by SRD.

That could be an interpretation of the reports so far.

The quote where he talks RL legacy suggests a bit more than that.

But this is SRD and it could be all a smoke screen for Sale and SC and a hockey side.

I only expect things to be true when they actually happen.

1 hour ago, dboy said:

It's not an interpretation, it's what the words say.

The only people saying Gerrard has expressed an interest in SRD are SRD.

Gerrard wants the ground.

Just to accentuate I'm not positive about the outcome but it is an interpretation    

when and if you ignore

Let’s be Crystal. Many things Salford may be famous for, but backing out of a fight is not one of them. If it has anything to do with me the Red Devils will be staying @AJBell. Let’s create a legacy’s the city can be proud of. 👹👹

— Sebastian Gerrard (@sebgerrard) May 26, 2022

and as I keep pointing out only when it happens will I be convinced it can happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Just to accentuate I'm not positive about the outcome but it is an interpretation    

when and if you ignore

Let’s be Crystal. Many things Salford may be famous for, but backing out of a fight is not one of them. If it has anything to do with me the Red Devils will be staying @AJBell. Let’s create a legacy’s the city can be proud of. 👹👹

and as I keep pointing out only when it happens will I be convinced it can happen.

8,627 have signed. Less than 1500 to the 10,000 target!

Edited by Oxford

36 minutes ago, Oxford said:

when and if you ignore

What words in there do you interpret as "Gerrard wants to buy SRD"?

If he buys SRD, he still can't influence the stadium management decisions.

If he buys the AJB, be can.

Is the suggestion that he wants to buy the stadium AND the club??

That's not been written or stated anywhere.

1 hour ago, dboy said:

What words in there do you interpret as "Gerrard wants to buy SRD"?

If he buys SRD, he still can't influence the stadium management decisions.

If he buys the AJB, be can.

Is the suggestion that he wants to buy the stadium AND the club??

That's not been written or stated anywhere.

Well all I can say is either you've not read the articles or what I wrote or both.

He has been in talks with The Salford Board, Sky said he wants to take over SRD, he says he wants SRD to still be there now I know that's not an awful lot to go on but I'm not going on it till the ink is dry on all of it.

In any case, SRD will probably be one of the clubs dumped by IMG before any of this comes to fruition.

When what I believe will happen, happens, I think it will not be long before SRD cease to exist.

3 minutes ago, dboy said:

More than happy to be corrected. Can you link to a quote of him saying he actually wants to buy SRD please?

He has not said "I want to buy SRD!"

Journalists have reported that's what he wants, he has spoken i positive term about SRD's future as a legacy.

I don't trust Journalists to be correct or accurate, i don't trust what people say until their actions match their words. My belief is that IMG will bring their plan in SRD will be dumped largely because they're in Moor lane and not long after they'll go out of business.

It could be you're asking the wrong person as I have no more access to information than you do. My interpretation is that SRD won't be part of the deal, will end up at Moor lane and will become defunct. Your interpretation is that because he has not said he will buy SRD that he won't.

33 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Journalists have reported that's what he wants, he has spoken i positive term about SRD's future as a legacy.

I don't trust Journalists to be correct or accurate, i don't trust what people say until their actions match their words. My belief is that IMG will bring their plan in SRD will be dumped largely because they're in Moor lane and not long after they'll go out of business.

It could be you're asking the wrong person as I have no more access to information than you do. My interpretation is that SRD won't be part of the deal, will end up at Moor lane and will become defunct. Your interpretation is that because he has not said he will buy SRD that he won't.

I thought not. Shame.

I am not interpreting anything - I'm reading what he has said.

I guess we'll see what he is actually thinking in due course.

I can't speak for all Salford fans but, for me, whether Gerrard 'buys' SRD pales in significance to whether he buys the AJ Bell. 

Give me long-term security, a 'home' rather than a letting and the opportunity to retain non-ticket revenues over increased player investment any day of the week.

The exact structure (assigning us the freehold, placing it in a trust, peppercorn rent or other) is neither here nor there. Certainty and revenue-generating ability is what we (and all Super League clubs) need right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When it comes to the team we love or hate we glean what we want to read and we listen to what we want to hear.

I am a pessimist so my thoughts tend to be on the dark side of events. I am very dubious about everything because nothing can be trusted.

RL tends to be a sport that doesn't help this outlook, SRD in spite of many beautiful moments doesn't help much either.

So far, in this story, all the right noises have been made, there are dots that can be connected unless you don't want to join them .

Ray Cashmere is correct, above all stability and the abilty to make income streams work for you is what will make or break SL teams.

But above all you'd think that people (not me) would see the positive here investment would mean yet another club challenging and that can only be good for all sorts of reasons.

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Oxford said:

With IMG i anticipate a 12 team super league

And 12 team super league 2

Its not going to be rocket science anticipating London, Bradford, York and newcastle in super league 1

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Oxford said:

My interpretation is that SRD won't be part of the deal, will end up at Moor lane and will become defunct. 

Comrade your pint is not just half empty, but the glass is shattered, it lies amidst the rubble of the tap room, which itself is a bombed tavern lying at the deepest crater, desolate in a scene of carnage and woeful destruction. As a lonesome melody by Hank Williams splutters from a battered radio whose battery power is fading.

✔️You are right✔️.

Known science predicts the Sun will expand, then shrink and explode, taking Salford Red Devils, the poems of Ferdowsi and Shelley, secret recipes of Cantonese cuisine, every building designed by Le Corbusier, the whole of Kenya, my mate Alex's entire bootleg collection of live concert recordings since the 80s and yes the internet. 💣

Salford will in time become defunct.

Talk plenty or write it down, be in the moment, do mindfulness or that tapping method that helps, read, listen, appreciate what you have and be grateful, avoid the toxics, never be afraid of emotions, good or bad. Love and live well.

Have faith comrade. ✌️😀✌️

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

But I have a feeling that if RL can endure the multiple crises from leaving the RFU, two world wars, Bullmania, skint Wigan selling Central Park, Toronto and Marwan, then SRD will survive where ever they land. Well until that scientifically predicted armageddon. 

Sebastian Gerard wants to invest not control SRD. Understandably his apparent business model sees stadium revenues going to the Reds. It makes sense. What happens now does not.

Stuff costs, especially Aussie half backs if you want to be competitive and you are institutionally denied an Academy and all the Salary Cap exemptions and advantages for hoovering up all the best local and not so local young talent that allows Wiganleedssainthelenscatalans to additionally buy yer hastingsmorriscootemahoneys and keep within the Cap are thus not available to you. 

Edited by idrewthehaggis

2 hours ago, The storm said:

With IMG i anticipate a 12 team super league

And 12 team super league 2

Its not going to be rocket science anticipating London, Bradford, York and newcastle in super league 1

Storm which thread are you on?

1 hour ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Comrade your pint is not just half empty, but the glass is shattered, it lies amidst the rubble of the tap room, which itself is a bombed tavern lying at the deepest crater, desolate in a scene of carnage and woeful destruction. As a lonesome melody by Hank Williams splutters from a battered radio whose battery power is fading.

✔️You are right✔️.

Known science predicts the Sun will expand, then shrink and explode, taking Salford Red Devils, the poems of Ferdowsi and Shelley, secret recipes of Cantonese cuisine, every building designed by Le Corbusier, the whole of Kenya, my mate Alex's entire bootleg collection of live concert recordings since the 80s and yes the internet. 💣

But I have a feeling that if RL can endure the multiple crises from leaving the RFU, two world wars, Bullmania, skint Wigan selling Central Park, Toronto and Marwan, then SRD will survive where ever they land. Well until that scientifically predicted armageddon. 

Sebastian Gerard wants to invest not control SRD. Understandably his apparent business model sees stadium revenues going to the Reds. It makes sense. What happens now does not. Stuff costs, especially half backs if you want to be competitive, you are institutionally denied an Academy and all the Salary Cap exemptions and advantages that allows Wiganleedssainthelenscatalans to additionally buy yer hastingsmorriscootemahoneys.

Talk plenty or write it down, be in the moment, do mindfulness or that tapping method that helps, read, listen, appreciate what you have and be grateful, avoid the toxics, never be afraid of emotions, good or bad. Love and live well.

Have faith comrade. ✌️😀✌️

People, I have my new life coach.  God bless you my brother 🙏

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Oxford said:

I don't trust Journalists to be correct or accurate, i don't trust what people say until their actions match their words.

Some are, some aren't but there's a major tendancy towards clickbait in RL at the moment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Known science predicts the Sun will expand, ........

Okay I have to say you've convinced, it's far worse than I thought!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Some are, some aren't but there's a major tendancy towards clickbait in RL at the moment.

Only if you have a low bar to begin with but it wasn't just a reference to RL Journos there.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2022 at 22:25, Pie tries said:

Have you ever parked there?

Absolutely unbelievable stadium got planning permission (Peel !!) with no proper access road - and a car park with one road in snd out. 
The poor access helped trash attendances.

Salford signed worst commercial deal ever in history of sport at the stadium. A ten year old could have realised 8k B/E too high - snd zero income from food sales, not even a rider…

Only rugby league could see a club forced from his own - owned - stadium, with support from a pro RL council - and end up homeless (after being owned by a multi millionaire)

I really hope this works out…

Park there every home game and have done for the last 6 years that i have been back in the UK. not ideal but not the worst by far. there are other parking options such as the Chill Factor (15 min walk)  and Barton airport (10 min walk). 

Could the stadium have been built in a better location yes but again hardly the worst to get to, as for the commercial deal that was struck, the club didn't really have much choice, the Willows was sold a long time before the club left. back then the club was struggling so the and and stadium was sold to protect the club a little longer. 

• Like 1

For the avoidance of doubt, I've decided to by the AJ Bell stadium to secure the future of SRD.  To trump any competitive bids, I've gone straight in at £10 million.

However(!) the taxman has decided that I must charge SRD a commercial rent rather than them paying no rent,  otherwise, SRD will have to pay tax on the value of rent free use. 

To avoid this, I'm prepared to rent the stadium to SRD at the commercial rate of 3.5%. This works out at £350,000 pa.

Does anyone know if the money the club makes on parking, tickets, bar sales etc amounts to this?

Disclosure: this is fiction.

• 1 month later...