Salford to move to Moor Lane?

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Just thinking about this 

Why can't Sale, Salford and the soccer club share it? Surely it is even more profitable if lots more games played there? Ideal scenario!

Wouldn't take a genius to coordinate fixtures 

Far better if they all bought 1/3rd - shared non matchday income and costs, with all match day income and cost to  the club playing

32 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Far better if they all bought 1/3rd - shared non matchday income and costs, with all match day income and cost to  the club playing

Yes this 

Funny understand why more clubs dont do it.

Fev and Keighley both share stadium with soccer clubs. As do Leigh right?

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Just thinking about this 

Why can't Sale, Salford and the soccer club share it? Surely it is even more profitable if lots more games played there? Ideal scenario!

Wouldn't take a genius to coordinate fixtures 

Clubs like Wigan and Huddersfield have problems with arranging fixture with only 2 teams playing in the stadium.  Imagine the politics with 3 sports.  Absutely no chance 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Clubs like Wigan and Huddersfield have problems with arranging fixture with only 2 teams playing in the stadium.  Imagine the politics with 3 sports.  Absutely no chance 

Do Huddy and Wigan have problems? 

365 days a year.

13 or so home RL games 

20 or so soccer games 

Mostly different seasons 

Some truly sh*te people knocking about if they can't manage it

Theres a thread on hear about issues with Huddersfield and the last game of the season.  

And what do Wigan and Huds do when the footy teams want to relay the pitch every year?  Id imagine its the same at Hull as well 

Throw in the RFU stucking their nose in,  it just wont happen

Edited by Ragingbull
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

365 days a year.

13 or so home RL games 

20 or so soccer games 

Mostly different seasons 

Some truly sh*te people knocking about if they can't manage it

3 professional teams sharing the one stadium is a big ask,more so if the football club moves up the leagues,they won’t like those multiple 15 minute Union scrums destroying the pitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yes.

They do.

There's even a thread *from today* about it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Just thinking about this 

Wouldn't take a genius to coordinate fixtures Judging by the problems where ground shares happen it obviously does!

Because SRD can't afford to buy the ground and I doubt they could even afford a third of it.

Sale want to take it over for commercial reasons and want to up the rent as part of their commercial reasons  to such an extent SRD won't have those funds.

And we are talking Sale that's ru to the people who don't seem to grasp the idea. Sale are attempting to make themselves the foremost rugby (mmmmmm)  attraction in the region and if they can clear the way of RL counter attractions in order to achieve this, they will. In other words they understand competition and market place.

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 5

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

19 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Because SRD can't afford to buy the ground and I doubt they could even affor a third of it.

Sale want to take it over for commercial reasons and want to up the rent as part of their commercial reasons  to such an extent SRD won't have those funds.

And we are talking Sale that's ru to the people who don't seem to grasp the idea. Sale are attempting to make themselves the foremost rugby (mmmmmm)  attraction in the region and if they can clear the way of RL counter attractions in order to achieve this, they will. In other words they understand competition and market place.

The sale cuckoos i would never trust them. 

• Like 3

Just now, Josef K said:

The sale cuckoos i would never trust them. 

To trust them you'd also have had to go to public skool and notice that sharing was never a strong or huge part of the curriculum, and accept that as normal.

I was about to give give a professional summing up of child development and how adults expect children to share and 2 to 5 year olds don't think this is an important concept to worry themselves over unduly and the ones that never get over that join the Tories or the Labour party, then I thought nah!

1 minute ago, fighting irish said:

Hey! Billy King's boots is using your icon. Haven't you copyrighted it?

Like Kick and clap that's just a pale imitation of the real thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yes this 

Funny understand why more clubs dont do it.

Fev and Keighley both share stadium with soccer clubs. As do Leigh right?

Fev hardly share it with Wakefield,they would never get to use ground before Rovers.

4 hours ago, The storm said:

Id rather not share my ground with a rugby union team or a football team

Clubs like warrington and saints have developed significant alternative revenue streams

Sharing with a u**** club. 
Id rather jack than fleetwood mac. 

On 05/08/2022 at 18:19, Oxford said:

Because SRD can't afford to buy the ground and I doubt they could even afford a third of it.

Sale are deluded then. The only people in Manchester who care about union are posh private school boys.

On 06/08/2022 at 21:45, Leyther_Matt said:

On the topic of ground shares…

Why would (and about to use the term loosely here!) a rugby club like Sale want to share with SRD or any other RL club that would defeat the purpose and trajectory of buying the stadium in the first place. Although some on here still cling to the the things still floating from the wreckage that this idea represents ru is not a friend, or a colleague or even someone to be trusted. A far better analogy is they're the one looking to further their own ends and opportunities no matter who they have to push out of the way or even destroy in the process. This is not about our history with their sport which would be warning enough for any intelligent person, it's simply recognition of a business that has the aim of ensuring any market opposition is put out of the reckoning.

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Why would (and about to use the term loosely here!) a rugby club like Sale want to share with SRD or any other RL club that would defeat the purpose and trajectory of buying the stadium in the fisrt place. Although some on here still cling to the the things still floating from the wreckage that this idea represents ru is not a friend, or a colleague or even someone to be trusted. A far better analogy is they're the one looking to further their own ends and opportunities no matter who they have to push out of the way or even destroy in the process. This is not about our history with their sport which would be warning enough for any intelligent person, it's simply recognition of a business that has the aim of ensuring any market opposition is put out of the reckoning.

Do you think Sale and SRD compete for the same customers? I'm not sure they do. If anything I think Sale are taking a risk letting Salford City into the stadium, as that club could potentially reach out to new fans  beyond the immediate area if things fall the right way.

Keeping a hobbled SRD in house, paying rent but with not much left to grow isn't a bad outcome for Sale.     

48 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Do you think Sale and SRD compete for the same customers? I'm not sure they do. If anything I think Sale are taking a risk letting Salford City into the stadium, as that club could potentially reach out to new fans  beyond the immediate area if things fall the right way.

Keeping a hobbled SRD in house, paying rent but with not much left to grow isn't a bad outcome for Sale.     

I think to some small extent they do compete for the same customers but this is marginal to establishing yourself as the only sensible game in town Tony.

Owning the ground would always give Sale the upper hand and Football is not a competition in the same sense.

SRD are much better at a ground that makes them look second rate compared to the stadium.

Yes, Sale could have offered SRD the same terms for rent as at present, why do you think they didn't do that?

• Like 1

Only vague rumours and no real traction to anything here at the moment though people arc contacting the local council and their MPs which is great. And there has been a fair bit of support from fans of other clubs which along with the 10,000 signatures has been a highlight for me.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2022 at 12:38, Toby Chopra said:

Given the other teams on their doorstep and the difficulties faced by other established league teams to grow crowds for that very reason, I can’t see Salford City ever reaching out to fans from outside the area.  It’s the same with Stockport, Oldham, Rochdale and Bury, plus Tranmere, Chester City, Southport etc.  

On 08/08/2022 at 12:38, Toby Chopra said:

But in market competition terms SRD still in the stadium and therefore an alternative rugby make no sense.

• Like 1