What next for our great club

jroyales

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

The longer this situation with us not signing anyone and the club staying silent people will get disenchanted and walk away. The club owes it to the fans who do show up to games some sort of statement as to where the club they support goes from here. That's unless they don't know themselves. 

They're certainly not doing themselves any favours by maintaining a stony silence and they absolutely owe it to you guys to at least say something. Even if, as you suggest, they don't know themselves they could at least say so and give some inkling of what their plans are.

6 hours ago, spw1 said:

What’s this thing about wishing good luck to players leaving our club, OK the likes of the 4 that left for Widnes won’t bother us they’re in another league, although I for one won’t make it my weekly routine to check how they’ve played, they’ve gone, forget them. But the likes of Max Roberts, he won’t be getting any good luck acknowledgment from me, as far as I’m concerned he’s turned his back on us.

On the other hand I may be doing them all a disservice, there could no ORLFC left to play for.

Maybe Roberts has been told by your chairman that he is either not wanted or has not been offered a new contract by Mr Hamilton.

14 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

They've given congrats to Featherstone, Toulouse, Halifax and Batley. That doesn't bother me but why can't they be a little more open on our clubs future, signings etc. The fans deserve more. 

I presume you saw the tweets on the Roughyeds timeline earlier.  Although they're from the official Oldham Twitter account there's not a direct link between "the club" and what goes out on Twitter. 

The congratulatory tweets are from the chaps manning the account in an attempt to keep the timeline active.  That's a good thing and kudos to them for cracking on despite the dearth of club news.

On 27/09/2021 at 08:32, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

Still involved 

Anyone watch the Keighley / Doncaster semi-final on OurLeague this afternoon?  At the conclusion of the game there was a series of home-baked video adverts shown, all featuring local Keighley businesses.

Whoever does the marketing at Keighley is properly switched-on.  Impressive stuff.

2 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

Anyone watch the Keighley / Doncaster semi-final on OurLeague this afternoon?  At the conclusion of the game there was a series of home-baked video adverts shown, all featuring local Keighley businesses.

Whoever does the marketing at Keighley is properly switched-on.  Impressive stuff.

Yes I did. They seem to have their finger on the pulse.

Just now, graham fisher said:

Don’t want to rub the salt in the wound but have you seen the brochure that Rochdale Hornets have put out?

Yep.  I linked to it earlier in the this thread.

The kind of thing Keighley did today and the Hornets brochure are what all clubs should be doing.  It's a no-brainer.

4 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Don’t want to rub the salt in the wound but have you seen the brochure that Rochdale Hornets have put out?

No I haven't mate. They seem to have set their stall out properly. Good luck to them. That's exactly what Oldham will need a lot of. As Dave Naylor alluded to Keighley did something similar today on Our League, that's the way you do it. 

36 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Again, I repeat, it's not rocket science , nor does it require  new economic theory. It's common sense promotion. (Marketing is not leaflet,poster or advertising. That's promotion which is just one aspect of marketing). But, you have to start with your objective. Also you can't promote a place when you haven't got a place. So, let's get back to where we belong, then, and only then can we produce flash brochures and sell local businesses. I mean, are we going to partner with Joe bloggs of stalybridge or Fred Smith of Oldham? Basics. We can produce a mega brochure once we're back home!  

First thing coach 

Second announce most of a squad don't drip feed

Third where the f*** in the world are the home games going to be played.

It's the first time in a long time that I'm disinterested in the announcement.

It will need to be something special to raise awareness of the club.

If you do get Stuart Littler as coach - you will do well - he was unlucky with injuries so the Swinton never quite hit the mark - so will be interesting next season with the movement of player(s) and ex coach between Oldham and Swinton.............

Swinton have signed Matty Wilkinson as well, will he cut it in Division one for us? Seems to be rumours about a couple more but not the 6 quoted earlier 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Just now, Mark said:

Swinton have signed Matty Wilkinson as well, will he cut it in Division one for us? Seems to be rumours about a couple more but not the 6 quoted earlier 

Wilko would have been pivotal to our Championship season just gone.  Had he not suffered a season-ending injury during pre-season he would have been a vital cog in our team.

We missed his quick darts from the play-the-ball and his alertness close to the line — not to mention his tries.

He'll do really well for you.  

Thanks Dave, we tend to play with Luke Waterworth for the first twenty mins so will be good to have Wilkinson coming on when defences start to tire by the sounds of it 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Archived