Blake Ferguson

2 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

i dont believe for a minute a short term nrl player would hinder a new jason robinson or antony sullivan getting a starting spot in SL the fact  is the conveyer belt for whatever reasons has stopped rolling and fans are walking away from a game over full with mediocrity 

I don’t think Ferguson would turn his nose up at any SL offer.  

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

i dont believe for a minute a short term nrl player would hinder a new jason robinson or antony sullivan getting a starting spot in SL the fact  is the conveyer belt for whatever reasons has stopped rolling and fans are walking away from a game over full with mediocrity 

Let's not start getting melodramatic here.  There is another thread on here about how great the Super League TV figures are.

You like Ferguson, that's cool, and I agree he is a good player but he is 31 now and his body is starting to let him down.  If he was in Super League next year I would be happy enough but if he slipped through the net and went to Japan that's nowhere near the end of the world.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

And I don’t believe an aging NRL winger choosing the easy option to finish his career signals the demise of Superleague or are you Harry’s grandson.

5 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I don’t think Ferguson would turn his nose up at any SL offer.  

i liken it to for eg graham mckaye  coming to sl - similar player at similar stages in their career - but its not happening nowadays

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

16 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Not talking about a Jason Robinson - they are once in a generation players - I'm talking about good SL players who may progress to great players if given the chance. As I said, there is always a place for NRL players in SL to pass on their experience as well.

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

i liken it to for eg graham mckaye  coming to sl - similar player at similar stages in their career - but its not happening nowadays

Went over your head that one.

I get what your referring to though I doubt it’ll stop the flow after another year or so.

18 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Money and probably lifestyle too. He is choosing Japan as a place to live, over places like Wakefield, Castleford or Hull. And who can blame him? 

If you play for Wakey you don't have to live in Wakey lad - there are some cracking villages and countryside around that area if its quality of life you want. Leeds on door step if you want the city trappings etc etc

Do you think if you play for say Paramatta in the NRL most of their players live out in the West of Sydney which is basically a massive crime ridden housing estate? - no chance!

Your hatred of England and SL is starting to consume you kid.

8 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

If you play for Wakey you don't have to live in Wakey lad - there are some cracking villages and countryside around that area if its quality of life you want. Leeds on door step if you want the city trappings etc etc

Do you think if you play for say Paramatta in the NRL most of their players live out in the West of Sydney which is basically a massive crime ridden housing estate? - no chance!

Your hatred of England and SL is starting to consume you kid.

None of this garbage changes anything I said. 

He is choosing Japan as a place to live over West Yorkshire. And who can blame him? It is probably the chance of a lifetime for him FFS, "lad'.

9 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

None of this garbage changes anything I said. 

He is choosing Japan as a place to live over West Yorkshire. And who can blame him? It is probably the chance of a lifetime for him FFS, "lad'.

Depends where in Japan lad. Shows your lack of travel and travel knowledge if you can just lable a full country as good because you think its the holygrail.

I worked there for 4 months and Tokyo is just built up brick buildings that go on for ever, so with the language barrier it can be insular and overwhelming. If he's outside Tokyo there are a lot of "Wakefield" type places - not sure why that's so bad though as i travelled through some cracking towns and some real holes that make the East End of Glasgow seem nice.

Your comments just show you must really hate England for some reason.

Don't worry one day you will get to a RL game and even watch a game on your beloved NRL....🤣🤣

On 23/09/2021 at 00:14, Eddie said:However given the furore over Folau, would any SL club want a player convicted of indecent assault on a woman?

Well Leeds it is then for Ferguson given they don’t seem to mind signing ones who beat the #### out of women 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 24/09/2021 at 21:30, Mr Frisky said:

Depends where in Japan lad. Shows your lack of travel and travel knowledge if you can just lable a full country as good because you think its the holygrail.

I worked there for 4 months and Tokyo is just built up brick buildings that go on for ever, so with the language barrier it can be insular and overwhelming. If he's outside Tokyo there are a lot of "Wakefield" type places - not sure why that's so bad though as i travelled through some cracking towns and some real holes that make the East End of Glasgow seem nice.

Your comments just show you must really hate England for some reason.

Don't worry one day you will get to a RL game and even watch a game on your beloved NRL....🤣🤣

Im willing to bet none of us can name a single japanese rugby union team 

Its a corporate event sport in japan

again why are SL clubs not moving mountains to get Josh Morris - His experience and pure class would be an attribute for any club over here for at least 2 seasons in many ways - we are missing out on great players entertaining the faithful for why?

again why are SL clubs not moving mountains to get Josh Morris - His experience and pure class would be an attribute for any club over here for at least 2 seasons in many ways - we are missing out on great players entertaining the faithful for why?

He's retired. You can't frogmarch people to play over here.

1 minute ago, M j M said:

He's retired. You can't frogmarch people to play over here.

yes but has he retired because the options were not there or offered?

Now you are talking guff !!!

A past it Ferguson is one thing but thinking SL clubs should bend over backwards for a retiree 🤣 

Signing NRL retirees works so well for SL doesn't it (Warrington) Ha ha ha 

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

Because nobody in SL wants him. Ah well you'll have to keep your tissues in their box for this one 

1 minute ago, Saint Toppy said:

Because nobody in SL wants him. Ah well you'll have to keep your tissues in their box for this one 

If he hadn’t retired & let it be known he was interested in a move to Superleague there would have been several clubs interested in him.

6 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

No he retired on his own terms after a great career whilst still performing at a high level,players do that you know.

40 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

I'm sure we could tempt Cameron Smith over on a marquee contract too. Legend!

Archived