Blake Ferguson

Josh Morris has retired.  He was good this year and so he may have made that decision to get out at the top of the game or he may have made the decision as he has felt his body starting to let him down... at 35 you can't blame him for either.

But arguing that he is a good player is irrelevant, it's like saying Mal Meninga is better than a lot of Super League players.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

he has been consistent all season against the best backs the world has to offer - tongan- aussie- nz- samoan - etc etc without flinching yet again 

So just to be clear, you think a retired Centre who played full back maybe 2 or 3 times in his career is a better player at fullback than England captain and soon to be man of Steel Sam Tomkins.... you really are losing it....🤣

Just because a player playes (played) in the NRL doesn't automatically mean that player is better than every single SL player - no matter who that player is🤔🤔

4 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

So just to be clear, you think a retired Centre who played full back maybe 2 or 3 times in his career is a better player at fullback than England captain and soon to be man of Steel Sam Tomkins.... you really are losing it....🤣

Just because a player playes (played) in the NRL doesn't automatically mean that player is better than every single SL player - no matter who that player is🤔🤔

and your saying samkins would have got a regular starting spot in this years roosters line up? even with the injury crisis? erm no 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah that was his brother Brett 😂

brett was already on wing and josh is more utility - u know that though am sure

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

brett was already on wing and josh is more utility - u know that though am sure

Brett was more the utility than Josh who really only played centre,you can’t even get the twins the right way around.

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Brett was more the utility than Josh who really only played centre,you can’t even get the twins the right way around.

peter sterling thought george burgress was still playing for souths in one of this years rounds- its a good job keith and kevin rayne never played for manly 

7 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

and your saying samkins would have got a regular starting spot in this years roosters line up? even with the injury crisis? erm no 

Tomkins would still be a solid NRL player - different from when he went over in 2014 as his electric speed has gone. He has been amazing this season and made me eat my words.

6 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Tomkins would still be a solid NRL player - different from when he went over in 2014 as his electric speed has gone. He has been amazing this season and made me eat my words.

amazing against utter shy t - he- thats fair enough but -- turbo - tedesco- latrell - gutherson etc etc would just laugh him off the pitch

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

amazing against utter shy t - he- thats fair enough but -- turbo - tedesco- latrell - gutherson etc etc would just laugh him off the pitch

Of course, but there are 16 teams in the NRL. Gutherson is pretty overrated tbh - the others are top class.

45 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

They're opening a brewery and Josh (I think it's Josh) is a qualified carpenter

And I bet Gravyjonny will tell you their beer tastes better than any from the UK or France and the quality of woodwork in the factory is the best ever...

It's worth remembering that George Williams amassed more Dally M points than Josh Morris in 2020 and 2021 (despite coming home half way through the season in 2021).

But according to our johnny, Williams was outclassed in the NRL and Morris was superb.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

13 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

the part where a sl club was not on the fone to his agent 6 months ago making a deal for yet another top class sportsman with loads left to give to come and make our product more attractive - THAT PART!

The fact that not one SL bothered to show any interest speaks volumes about what those who really know about players think about where Josh Morris is now.

As an aside, i'm not really up with todays technology - can you tell us what a 'fone' is ?

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

8 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

The fact that not one SL bothered to show any interest speaks volumes about what those who really know about players think about where Josh Morris is now.

As an aside, i'm not really up with todays technology - can you tell us what a 'fone' is ?

Its an Australian version of a Phone, but its obviously much better than a phone from England in every way possible.

yer your right- nobody would pay money to go watch a game if their team had morris and ferguson lining up at centre and wing for them - it wouldnt create any interest at all - best stick with tom briscoe for that

8 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

yer your right- nobody would pay money to go watch a game if their team had morris and ferguson lining up at centre and wing for them - it wouldnt create any interest at all - best stick with tom briscoe for that

I'm sure there's plenty would go and watch them in League 1 😉

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

36 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

I'm sure there's plenty would go and watch them in League 1 😉

your right again- look at catalans for eg- if they had not wasted time and money bringing james maloney over here to play they might have achieved something this season or even made a grand final........ oh hold on 

Archived