On 17/03/2022 at 22:34, andyscoot said:

When was he sulking, out of curiosity?

The answer  might have been shorter if you'd asked "when wasn't he sulking".  Something in his demenour seems to have changed in recent seasons, which is a shame considering he is without doubt the greatest driver of modern times. 

9 hours ago, JohnM said:

The answer  might have been shorter if you'd asked "when wasn't he sulking".  Something in his demenour seems to have changed in recent seasons, 

For some reason you are seeing things which don't exist. How strange.

11 hours ago, JohnM said:

The answer  might have been shorter if you'd asked "when wasn't he sulking".  Something in his demenour seems to have changed in recent seasons, which is a shame considering he is without doubt the greatest driver of modern times. 

I see it the opposite. He was a big sulky diva earlier in his career. Now he seems genuinely comfortable and content.

Don't suppose you have any examples? Perhaps from this weekend?

• Like 1

"He was a big sulky diva"

You can't say things like that for you will have mJm on your case.

No specific examples, hence saying his general demeanour. I hope he wins the comp this year given the er...unusual...er ... circumstances surrounding last year's comp.

Edited by JohnM

2 hours ago, andyscoot said:

I see it the opposite. He was a big sulky diva earlier in his career. Now he seems genuinely comfortable and content.

Don't suppose you have any examples? Perhaps from this weekend?

This I agree with a lot more. Hamilton has mellowed a lot over the years. Winning and getting older no doubt help on that front.

I'd love to see examples of him "sulking" in recent years.

7 minutes ago, JohnM said:

How strange you've not explained your post. 

Let's see: you suggest he's always sulking. Challenged on this assertion you demand the people challenging provide evidence (that he's not always sulking?!)

That's not really how it works old sport.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, YCKonstantine said:

If you have multiple red flags every session you run, you’re track is not suitable for racing.

I think that is being harsh.

It only gets the red flags because it is a street circuit where the walls are close and so mistakes are massively punished. With inexperienced/possibly lower quality drivers and new cars, there is bound to be some incidents. As a street circuit there is not the same run off for which similar incidents at Silverstone or Spa would only get yellows. It is also only race 2 of the season.

I think the kerbs (which were a major factor in Schumacher's crash) will become a bigger issue this year. As the cars now ride lower, the risk of bottoming out and losing control increases massively making kerbs far more punishing.

5 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I think that is being harsh.

It only gets the red flags because it is a street circuit where the walls are close and so mistakes are massively punished. With inexperienced/possibly lower quality drivers and new cars, there is bound to be some incidents. As a street circuit there is not the same run off for which similar incidents at Silverstone or Spa would only get yellows. It is also only race 2 of the season.

I think the kerbs (which were a major factor in Schumacher's crash) will become a bigger issue this year. As the cars now ride lower, the risk of bottoming out and losing control increases massively making kerbs far more punishing.

Ah that’s alright then, we’ll just smash into walls at 170mph. 2 drivers already sent to hospital so far this weekend, 1 unable to continue, to add to the other 2 from the last meeting here. And we’re only halfway through the 2nd F2 race and F1 race to come later.

24 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

Ah that’s alright then, we’ll just smash into walls at 170mph. 2 drivers already sent to hospital so far this weekend, 1 unable to continue, to add to the other 2 from the last meeting here. And we’re only halfway through the 2nd F2 race and F1 race to come later.

The second F2 race with no red flags? 

I and it would seem most drivers don't mind a track that is on the edge but racey rather than a dull snoozefest. Jeddah needs tweaking, they'll work it out.

On 19/03/2022 at 11:03, M j M said:

For some reason you are seeing things which don't exist. How strange.

A strange opinion  from "Desperation Island. " , with the by now mandatory "like" from guess who. Still, it's nice to have fans. Thank you. 

Here's another opinion.  When all is said and done, sulking for one week is understandable given the circumstances - although ignoring the FIA President is certainly not so under any circumstances - but two weeks was stretching the point to limits. Eight weeks, though, smacked of either downright churlishness by one individual or concerted efforts by a number of parties.

https://racingnews365.com/was-there-another-factor-behind-hamiltons-radio-silence

5 hours ago, JohnM said:

A strange opinion  from "Desperation Island. " , with the by now mandatory "like" from guess who. Still, it's nice to have fans. Thank you. 

Here's another opinion.  When all is said and done, sulking for one week is understandable given the circumstances - although ignoring the FIA President is certainly not so under any circumstances - but two weeks was stretching the point to limits. Eight weeks, though, smacked of either downright churlishness by one individual or concerted efforts by a number of parties.

https://racingnews365.com/was-there-another-factor-behind-hamiltons-radio-silence

Just checking I've got this right, Lewis Hamilton is being criticised for not saying anything now?

1 hour ago, andyscoot said:

Just checking I've got this right, Lewis Hamilton is being criticised for not saying anything now?

Just working my way slowly down to the bottom of my list of priorities and came across the view expressed by racingnews365.com.  You should ask them that question as it their opinion.

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Just working my way slowly down to the bottom of my list of priorities and came across the view expressed by racingnews365.com.  You should ask them that question as it their opinion.

You "came across" an article that is 2 months old and buried in the archive of a motorsport website that describes itself as the no1 F1 website in the Netherlands? Come on mate, you genuinely can do better than that.

In any case, it's an opinion you clearly share given your post above, so why not have a discussion about why Lewis is the big bad wolf for not saying anything?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, andyscoot said:

You "came across" an article that is 2 months old and buried in the archive of a motorsport website that describes itself as the no1 F1 website in the Netherlands? Come on mate, you genuinely can do better than that.

In any case, it's an opinion you clearly share given your post above, so why not have a discussion about why Lewis is the big bad wolf for not saying anything?

Exactly, bit much to say he's sulking when he has not said anything. Especially given the circumstances where he was absolutely 100% perfectly entitled to do so.

He's taken some time away, done other things, good for him.

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Flights and hotel booked for the Austrian Grand Prix!

But, thankfully, no tickets for the race itself so you can enjoy Austria's many fine cultural offerings?

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)