NRL Match Thread - Finals - Week 3 - 2021

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(two to be omitted from both teams)

Rabbitohs team: 1. Blake Taaffe 2. Alex Johnston 3. Dane Gagai 4. Campbell Graham 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Mark Nicholls 9. Damien Cook 10. Tevita Tatola 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Cameron Murray

14. Benji Marshall 15. Jacob Host 16. Thomas Burgess 17. Jai Arrow 18. Taane Milne 19. Patrick Mago

Sea Eagles team: 1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jason Saab 4. Morgan Harper 19. Moses Suli 5. Reuben Garrick 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Lachlan Croker 10. Martin Taupau 11. Haumole Olakau’atu 12. Josh Schuster 13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dylan Walker 15. Karl Lawton 16. Sean Keppie 17. Taniela Paseka 18. Toafofoa Sipley 21. Tevita Funa

23 minutes ago, Graham said:

Start delayed 15 minutes due to Manly player’s bus delayed. Stuck in traffic.

Definitely the delay was devised by Wayne and Des will definitely be claiming responsibility.

good to hear it’s delayed. Dinner will be well finished by then and wife will have bath time covered 😂

18 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

So exciting. Some good stats there on Channel 9.

hoping to switch to Kayo soon.

I keep meaning to switch to Kayo. The only thing I ever watch on TV is RL so it's hardly worth continuing with Foxtel. I tried Kayo when it started and the streaming rate was unwatchable at my place. Not sure why, my place has fibre-to-the-eyeballs broadband.

1 minute ago, Graham said:

Hardest tipping week this year. I'm assuming that the two big losers from week 1 have studied hard and worked out where it all went wrong and will come back better than ever. Or ... maybe they didn't.

2 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Hardest tipping week this year. I'm assuming that the two big losers from week 1 have studied hard and worked out where it all went wrong and will come back better than ever. Or ... maybe they didn't.

I too went with Souths. It was a bit of a punt as it was so hard to call.

• The Rabbitohs have won nine of 13 finals games against the Sea Eagles, including each of the past two.
  • Manly is aiming to qualify for its 19th Grand Final in the Compulsory Grand Final Era (1954 onwards), this will be the equal most of any team alongside St George.

Facts courtesy of Fox Sports NRL

https://www.zerotackle.com/referee-appointments-for-preliminary-finals-raise-eyebrows-110255/

Referee Ashely Klein has managed to survive a blatant blunder that potentially cost Parramatta the game last Saturday night.

The refereeing appointments for the preliminary finals have raised eyebrows, with Klein appointed to referee the Manly Sea Eagles and South Sydney Rabbitohs preliminary final. Gergard Sutton will be the other referee to take charge this weekend, officiating the Penrith Panthers and Melbourne Storm on Saturday afternoon.

Klein's appointment comes despite missing a crucial penalty last weekend against Penrith half Jarome Luai, a decision which cost Parramatta dearly, and has already been admitted as incorrect by the NRL's head of football, Graham Annesley.

Morning all! Looking forward to this.

I wonder how much Bennett's studied the way Melbourne closed down Tom Turbo.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived