And so it begins...

Hull FC's "dead wood" player cull as Mahe Fonua and Josh Bowden offered to other clubs. 

I can see Wakey possibly showing interest in Fonua as he always seems to play a blinder against them.

Bowden has gone backwards since an outstanding performance v Leeds in the Challenge Cup SF at Donny in 2017.

I expect more to follow.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Hull FC's "dead wood" player cull as Mahe Fonua and Josh Bowden offered to other clubs. 

I can see Wakey possibly showing interest in Fonua as he always seems to play a blinder against them.

Bowden has gone backwards since an outstanding performance v Leeds in the Challenge Cup SF at Donny in 2017.

I expect more to follow.

Does the Owner need to take a long hard look at himself?

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I expect more to follow.

Not a position Trinity need to strengthen so unless Fonua can play prop I doubt he'd be on their radar, Bowden however...

14 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I expect more to follow.

Serious question for a minute; are there any of the 'core' Hull FC players you would move on? Thinking of Houghton, Sneyd, Connor, Taylor, Tuimavave. These guys have all played for Hull with distinction, but also been present through periods of abject failure.

I'm asking because there are players in my team who I think of as greats of the club who have also been on the field in some horrendous performances- Ratchford, Hill, etc.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Serious question for a minute; are there any of the 'core' Hull FC players you would move on? Thinking of Houghton, Sneyd, Connor, Taylor, Tuimavave. These guys have all played for Hull with distinction, but also been present through periods of abject failure.

I'm asking because there are players in my team who I think of as greats of the club who have also been on the field in some horrendous performances- Ratchford, Hill, etc.

Houghton - should certainly stay, loyalty should be rewarded. But if it time to replace him at home and use him differently? Jordan Johnstone-style players are just not what we should be including in our squad.

Sneyd - time has possibly come for him. Just not having the impact he used to, and Connor has a good kicking game. Is in too important a position and having too little impact on too big a wage to stick around IMO.

Connor - just got into the Dream Team shortlist and signed a new contract. Is going no where.

Taylor - barely played in the last 2 years. Fitness a big issue. If he can't recover, he should be moved on too as he'll be in a wedge.

Tuimavave - great player. Don't move him.

Reynolds could be moving on I've heard too. Too injury prone also.

I agree about moving on Fonua, he just hasn't produced enough in comparison to his wage. Bigger areas to cover in the squad than winger.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Archived