New team in the GF

Eddie

Must say I’m delighted that there’ll be a new team in the final this year, like I was when Salford made it in 2019. Saints v Catalans is the obvious choice on the pitch but Hull KR fans would really get OT rocking - either way I can’t wait to be there 😎

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was dreading a Pies v Saints GF but this is great news.

I hear a lot about the quality of the competition when the St PieLoins aren't that strong but I think its a lot more depressing when two of those teams make the GF anyway despite a flat and unremarkable season. We'll Done HKR! A breath of fresh air.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

30 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Must say I’m delighted that there’ll be a new team in the final this year, like I was when Salford made it in 2019. Saints v Catalans is the obvious choice on the pitch but Hull KR fans would really get OT rocking - either way I can’t wait to be there 😎

Yeah I'm looking forward to being thier too. I'm pretty desperate for Saints to not make it though.... Couldn't stand them winning another title 

It will be good for a new name on the trophy ,but our sport may be small at the side of the FA PREMIERSHIP  ,but there is also a very small number of clubs guaranteed to win their league 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Surprised this thread hasn't had a lot more positive response seeing as though everyone moans about the same teams in the Grand Final year after year.

It will be great to see a new team at Old Trafford and it is a win win. Either Catalans which is great for the league with the French coming to the fore or HKR as underdogs playing a superb brand of Rugby. What's not to like.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

HKR as underdogs playing a superb brand of Rugby. What's not to like.

I can think of summat...

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

29 minutes ago, Bod said:

But how many of those attend through the season? People jumping on the final bandwagon doesn't mean it's a good system for the sport.

Well yes if you're a fan of a club which has a habit of coming top and choking when the pressure is on then I can well imagine you wouldn't like a system which needs a team to prove their Champion qualities on the biggest stage.

3 minutes ago, M j M said:

Well yes if you're a fan of a club which has a habit of coming top and choking when the pressure is on then I can well imagine you wouldn't like a system which needs a team to prove their Champion qualities on the biggest stage.

Like HKR?

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Quite a lot, I reckon. The GF is a grand day out for fans.

Agreed and I would keep building it and building it into a real celebration (top to bottom of rugby league in this country) of the game.

I would celebrate all the champion teams at other levels, all the great retirees, some music and anything else to make it feel like a big event.

The only slight pivot I would make is while still keeping it affordable for all, just to tone down some of the excessive drinking.  I like a drink to unwind with the match, but it’s obvious some can’t handle and behave after a whole afternoon of it.

I don’t know what the solution is sadly and we still want a great atmosphere, but just in keeping with the best traditions of rugby league fans.

8 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

I'd love for the super league GF played on the same day as the NRL GF, then it would a whole day of GF!

It would probably be all organised, tickets sold, tv schedule agreed and then the NRL would change their minds....

Archived