NRL GRAND FINAL TIPPING COMPETITION 2021 - Commemorative Special - Results Posted, Awards Presented

Graham

NRL Round 29 Grand Final 2021 Poll  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How many tries will be scored altogether by the two teams in the game?

• 0 to 3 tries in total
    • 4 or 5 tries
    • 6 or 7 tries
    • 8 tries or more altogether

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/10/21 at 08:30

okOtIwZ.png

WELCOME...

to this our special Grand Final Tipping Competition 2021

This Grand Final Competition is traditionally in memory of three special forum people

• George Fairclough (Bourbon Rat) of this forum

George was a lifelong Wigan Fan and a Melbourne Storm fan from their inception. He lived in Melbourne but lived in Wigan until his teenage years. He married Irene, an Australian and with her raised a family of three boys. He was taken from us far too soon one week after celebrating his 65th birthday. He was a good friend of mine. George, with others, sponsored a Wigan player annually. He never forgot his roots.

.YOOjO2i.png

George Fairclough RIP

• Richard Glover (Kiwityke) of this forum - New Zealand Warriors and Batley Bulldogs fan. Richard was brought up in Batley where he followed his local team.  He moved to New Zealand as an adult where he married and lived the rest of his life. In the latter years he lived just outside Auckland. He never forgot his roots and continued to follow Batley from afar. He did travel to the UK once a year to visit relatives and friends. While over here he would sponsor a Batley game. In later years he  sponsored the annual Batley v Featherstone Rovers fixture and invited Barney and me to the match as his guests.
    Read the notice of Richard’s death here

Image result for Kiwityke Richard as a boy. RIP

Both dear friends and regular contributors, sadly missed.

VapYus1.png Simon Cooper RIP

We remember too all other friends of this forum who have passed away.

NRL Grand Final 2021
To be played Sunday 3rd October 7:30pm local time at Suncorp Stadium Brisbane (9:30 am in the UK)

Tempus fugit 
It seems like only yesterday that we were starting with our Round 1 tipping competition and now here we are with our blockbusting Grand Final occasion just a few days away after yet another non-standard season. 
Everyone is welcome to take part in this competition
This season has once again been a friendly and close fought affair.

Thank you to everyone who has been a part of it. Your friendship and company has been much appreciated.

QUESTIONS:
1. Name the WINNING TEAM ... Panthers or Rabbitohs
2. Tot up the two teams predicted scores and give us your predicted match POINTS TOTAL
3. Poll question this week: How many tries will be scored altogether by the two teams in the game? 

pick one of the options above - answer in the poll above but also in your posting.

So here's to a great competition, and may the best tipster and team win! 
Good Luck everyone - there'll be an animated award as usual.

• Graham changed the title to *** NEW *** NRL GRAND FINAL TIPPING COMPETITION 2021 - All Welcome - Commemorative Special
  • Graham pinned this topic

3 hours ago, StormGirl said:

Poll Question

3 or 4 tries.

Grand Final Winner

South Sydney Rabbitohs

Total Points

Union rules for the grand final lots of penalties kicked😀

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

1 hour ago, StormGirl said:

######. I was not quite with it when I posted, but can’t change it now. I guess it could happen.

You can edit your entry as long as it is before kick off SG. The thing is though that your two current choices hedge your bet covering a low and relatively high scoring game,

WINNER

Rabbitohs

TOTAL POINTS

POLL

0 to 3 tries in total

LETS SEE HOW CLOSE THIS COMES TO BEING CORRECT

At fulltime a nil all draw......At the end of 10 minutes each way 6 all draw......With the Rabbitohs scoring first and converting in the first 10 minutes.....The Panthers scoring and converting in the last 10 minutes.......Then 4 minutes into Golden point Rabbitohs kick a field goal and win the game 7 to 6.

St-George-Dragons-2024.jpg

I think Souths might just do it for Reynolds and Bennett and because I am not convinced the Panthers team is fully fit.

Total points : 40

Poll : 6 or 7 tries

If the match is postponed for a week I reserve the right to change my mind!! (I already have done on a number of occasions. After a year of blowout scores I think this could be very close).

3 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

I think Souths might just do it for Reynolds and Bennett and because I am not convinced the Panthers team is fully fit.

Total points : 40

Poll : 6 or 7 tries

If the match is postponed for a week I reserve the right to change my mind!! (I already have done on a number of occasions. After a year of blowout scores I think this could be very close).

Yes Sp H I’ve narrowed down the winners to one of two teams. I think I’m doing quite well.

• Graham changed the title to NRL GRAND FINAL TIPPING COMPETITION 2021 - Commemorative Special - Results Posted, Awards Presented

Here's our final tipping competition weekly award for the completed 2021 NRL Season on this forum:

D8n1uiH.gif

Congratulations to Dee Deuce on a clean sweep in all three categories this week. 

I have created a small banner for our overall champion tipster for the season.

Thank you everyone who's taken part at any point in this season.

The intention is to run it again in NRL season 2022, so I hope to see you all here again for that.

You are welcome to bring a friend! 😀

Cheers, Graham

On 30/09/2021 at 17:26, R L Winger said:

LETS SEE HOW CLOSE THIS COMES TO BEING CORRECT

At fulltime a nil all draw......At the end of 10 minutes each way 6 all draw......With the Rabbitohs scoring first and converting in the first 10 minutes.....The Panthers scoring and converting in the last 10 minutes.......Then 4 minutes into Golden point Rabbitohs kick a field goal and win the game 7 to 6.

About as close with that prediction as Sydney is to London.....Ah well there is always next year.....GO THE MIGHTY DRAGONS.

St-George-Dragons-2024.jpg

I tipped Rabbitohs on here despite thinking Panthers would win. It was a last throw of the dice to catch Cameron Highlander as I was just one behind.  If Souths had won I’d have been level. I knew I couldn’t be caught up by others.

I tipped Panthers on the ESPNFOOTYTIPS comp run by R L Winger.

• Graham unpinned this topic

Archived