the "our ailments" thread

Been coughing so much that i have bruised a rib.... sore..... every cough is now an event....

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Been coughing so much that i have bruised a rib.... sore..... every cough is now an event....

rough? chesty? tickly? mucusy? 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

rough? chesty? tickly? mucusy? 

chesty... (not covid)

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I slipped a disc in my back playing squash 18 years ago and it's hurt me ever since.

I smashed my knee to bits playing rugby a very long time ago and it's not been the same since.

I tore my knee medial ligaments using a hedge trimmer at our cricket club 2 years ago and it's not been the same since. 

I think I broke my big toe when I collided with the front wall playing squash a while back. It's still swollen, still won't bend and aches and hasn't been the same since. 

A few months ago I stubbed my little toe on my son's cricket bag that the idiot left in the doorway when I had no shoes on, and that's still red as a beetroot and swollen. 

Need to get away from sport, I think. 

Especially supporting Wire. That hurts the most.

On 02/10/2021 at 20:42, Leeds Wire said:

I think I broke my big toe when I collided with the front wall playing squash a while back. It's still swollen, still won't bend and aches and hasn't been the same since. 

I did break my big toe on the back wall of a squash court took ages to feel right again but it seems to have healed ok in the end. Bloody painful worse thing was it was a league match and I was 2-0 up and about 10-3 up in the 3rd game when I did it. I had to try to pretend I was fine for the last few points. 

On 02/10/2021 at 20:42, Leeds Wire said:

A few months ago I stubbed my little toe 

is there any pain on earth worse than that? if so i would like to know

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Been laid in bed since 10 and soon after getting under the covers I've started getting a bad bellyache and as a result I'm feeling a little sick so I've got up again. Think it might just be my tea not agreeing with me or something, I'll just have to see if it passes so I can at least get some sleep seen as I need to be up in 6 hours for work anyway. Doesn't seem to be quite as bad sat in my chair as opposed to laid in bed, I guess stuff isn't getting as crushed sat up. Back to Rob Burrow's autobiography for the time being. 

• 1 month later...

Blood pressure is 173/105 and I’ve felt grotty all day.  Might have to go to doctors….

• Sad 1

On 04/10/2021 at 18:05, Moose said:

Earache, toothache?

I once had a tooth abscess for about 4 days. Couldn't sleep or anything, I would have gladly cut my head off by the end just to make it stop. Absolute agony. 

9 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Blood pressure is 173/105 and I’ve felt grotty all day.  Might have to go to doctors….

I'm not a doctor but think you need to get that checked out sooner rather than later. It sounds pretty serious, so get it sorted.

Your fellow pinkos on here need your support 😉

4 hours ago, Johnoco said:

I once had a tooth abscess for about 4 days. Couldn't sleep or anything, I would have gladly cut my head off by the end just to make it stop. Absolute agony. 

Same.

And same. I would gladly have cut your head off to make it stop.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, Johnoco said:

I'm not a doctor but think you need to get that checked out sooner rather than later.

Got a phone appointment for this afternoon, I know what they will say... lose weight.... 

13 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

Each reading should be best of 3 and about 2 minutes apart.

172 over 109 was the lowest this morning.  Still might be user error (its an Omron machine so unlikely as it does it all...).  Highest was 187 over 111, I think that would deserve a trip to A&E....

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Got a phone appointment for this afternoon, I know what they will say... lose weight.... 

Presumably you are already on medication for it - I would've thought they'd be very keen to get that under control asap.

I've found having a blood pressure monitor pretty interesting. With a few year's data, I can see that my blood pressure is lower in summer than winter (seems to be related to how much time I spend in the sun - but Vitamin D supplements don't make a difference). I can see that liquorice makes it go up, beetroot and spinach makes it go down. Stress levels don't make much difference either. Normal advice is to cut back on salt to reduce BP. I've found that salt with loads of liquid doesn't have much effect, but small amounts of salt with no liquid do. I.e. it seems like it's the concentration rather than absolute value that matters.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JonM said:

Presumably you are already on medication for it

Not yet... Probably (will) be on something in a week

7 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Today I trained in a boxing gym in Berlin. I cried off when my thigh gave way. 

You won't keep your attractive younger wife with that kind of attitude.

Unless she was the one punching your thigh.

• Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)