A week(s) the French game has never seen anything like it

audois

TO after playing 13 games across the Channel have at last a chance to do something at Ernest Wallon this Saturday. The local regional daily rag La Dépéche starting to give the treize some coverage. Through out this season every TO game is highlighted on the front of the special Monday Sports section as well as match report inside, For the first time too an advert for Saturday’s semi final appeared on the front page next to the mast heading – a first.

300 partners of the club attended a Garden Party last week. Their sponsors are I would think have made this season possible for them – re-cruitment and travelling expenses without gate money until now. Sarrazain and former President Zalduendo left and right on bottom pic. Bein Sports coverage will be there Saturday I hear

Down in Perpignan the excitement growing daily to the their semi-final. The supporters groups are coming together to receive the players two hours before the KO with bands and flags, The day before the match the town hall are getting involved too providing T-shirts and masks. The French prime minister Jean Castex to be present too.

safe_image.jpg.34d955057fdd05661d2dbfa8bb39afed.jpg

908703138_20210922-Garden-Party-TO-XIII-2021--Frederic-SPEZIALE-ARTICLE-30.jpg.e1e17c0f53ced5d778cb24e174e80208.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

16 minutes ago, audois said:

TO after playing 13 games across the Channel have at last a chance to do something at Ernest Wallon this Saturday. The local regional daily rag La Dépéche starting to give the treize some coverage. Through out this season every TO game is highlighted on the front of the special Monday Sports section as well as match report inside, For the first time too an advert for Saturday’s semi final appeared on the front page next to the mast heading – a first.

300 partners of the club attended a Garden Party last week. There sponsors are I would think have made this season possible for them – re-cruitment and travelling expenses without gate money until now. Sarrazain and former President Zalduendo left and right on bottom pic. Bein Sports coverage will be there Saturday I hear

Down in Perpignan the excitement growing daily to the their semi-final. The supporters groups are coming together to receive the players two hours before the KO with bands and flags, The day before the match the town hall are getting involved too providing T-shirts and masks. The French prime minister Jean Castex to be present too.

safe_image.jpg.34d955057fdd05661d2dbfa8bb39afed.jpg

908703138_20210922-Garden-Party-TO-XIII-2021--Frederic-SPEZIALE-ARTICLE-30.jpg.e1e17c0f53ced5d778cb24e174e80208.jpg

Thanks Audois, after reading about the lack of TV coverage for the Test match, the predicted small crowd and that alarmingly small number of referees it`s great to see it`s far from all bad news.

11 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Thanks Audois, after reading about the lack of TV coverage for the Test match, the predicted small crowd and that alarmingly small number of referees it`s great to see it`s far from all bad news.

Who’s said there’s going to be a low crowd for England against France? If Catalans win the GF I’d have thought it would be close to a sell out? 

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Who’s said there’s going to be a low crowd for England against France? If Catalans win the GF I’d have thought it would be close to a sell out? 

You had me second guessing myself there for a minute so I went back over the France vs. England TV thread.

This was posted by Atlantisman on Saturday 8p.m.

Latest news is that maybe just local TV but at least one will be able to watch online

Crowd prediction is 6/7000 however if the Dragons get to the SLGF and win it I think personally it will have a real positive effect.

Paul

Atlantisman generally seems to be on the money with the French stuff, I think I must have been taken aback by his first estimate and that`s why it stuck, hopefully the second part holds true. I wasn`t deliberately being a misery guts mate.

But they're not English they shouldn't be in our league.

Flatcappers view. Seriously I love it. I've seen the ups and downs with Bradford since 1987 and can seriously saw when I went when we played there last time and it was one of my best Rugby League experiences ever. O and J' deteste Rhinos.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

My son will be playing in the curtain raiser, the Carcassonne pole espoir(with Laurent frayssinous's son) versus the salon pole espoir so the players will all be u16s,u17s or u18s. 

13 hours ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Any forecasts for the attendance at TO's semi? 

I reckon if they get anywhere near 5,000 it will be a success. This is a difficult fixture to market when you have not been playing at home all year. If it was over 5,000 it would probably be pushing the biggest crowd in the Championship in 2021.

20 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I reckon if they get anywhere near 5,000 it will be a success. This is a difficult fixture to market when you have not been playing at home all year. If it was over 5,000 it would probably be pushing the biggest crowd in the Championship in 2021.

My guess would be closer to 1,500. That said as much as a fairytale it would be for Batley I hope TO win and then go on to get promoted. 

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

Hear that coaches are coming up from Perpignan and Limoux to give support.

It's a tough one. Stade Toulousain are playing a Top 14 game at the same time at Biarritz and covered by Canal + television. .If they win the semi final though - the following Sunday should see a better turn out as ST play on the Saturday.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

My guess would be closer to 1,500. That said as much as a fairytale it would be for Batley I hope TO win and then go on to get promoted. 

Looking at the ticket site it seems like they have already doubled that with 4 days to go

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Great stuff if so. I was really going off their last home play off crowd against Fev. 

That was played at a small municipal stadium outside the city. They now play at the 19,500 Ernest Wallon Stadium and share with Stade Toulousain RU side. 

22 minutes ago, Scubby said:

That was played at a small municipal stadium outside the city. They now play at the 19,500 Ernest Wallon Stadium and share with Stade Toulousain RU side. 

Yeah I know, doesn’t necessarily mean crowds will increase but fingers crossed. Hopefully some Union fans will get interested. 

11 hours ago, audois said:

Hear that coaches are coming up from Perpignan and Limoux to give support.

It's a tough one. Stade Toulousain are playing a Top 14 game at the same time at Biarritz and covered by Canal + television. .If they win the semi final though - the following Sunday should see a better turn out as ST play on the Saturday.

Audois, are you saying that if Toulouse win, they will host the grand final the following week in Toulouse at  Ernest Wallon Stadium ???

Merci !

11 hours ago, Jim from Oz said:

Audois, are you saying that if Toulouse win, they will host the grand final the following week in Toulouse at  Ernest Wallon Stadium ???

Merci !

Jim - Yes they've earned it. Thay haven't played at home since 7th March 2020.

Archived