A week(s) the French game has never seen anything like it

audois

4 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

According to journalist Steve Brady, TO XIII want to play their home game vs Catalans at Stadium de Toulouse (the football ground) should they be promoted to Super League. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_de_Toulouse#/media/File:Stadium-Lory.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09x6lrn

Eddie reckons they can only get 1500 in SL.

But, but Eddie assured everyone that Toulouse would struggle to get crowds of more than 2000 in SL.

I've said pre pandemic that Toulouse would easily surpass 10,000 crowd capacity when they get to SL and this is another good indicator 

On 02/10/2021 at 07:12, barnyia said:

Just off to Carcassonne for the tournament then off to watch Toulouse with the club. 

Alan - you are going to be the first top assistant/coach who doubles up as a referee !

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, audois said:

Alan - you are going to be the first top assistant/coach who doubles up as a referee !

If I get as much abuse as I did yesterday from non rule knowing parents and coaches  and if I end up splitting up fights every time I ref I don't fancy the refereeing side, I was thinking of taking the refereeing licence to do the u15s and u17s  games ( I'm not biased even when my kids are playing) yesterday changed my mind, I can understand why there are no refs anymore, since COVID the aggression levels have tripled! 

36 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

A speech that begins to sound empty for many French Treizists. Apart from the World Cup project, there is no ambition with regard to the championships of France and the youth teams. Lyon and Toulon which are backtracking, a club which asks to be demoted from Elite1 and which is not replaced. Another club in a big city that makes a lot of noise and makes people believe that they have plans without having a real team. I am not talking about the incessant changes of rules, calendar etc for our clubs which gives the impression that this federal team is a little disconnected from the reality on the ground.

I hope that experienced technicians will come and help them and that they will accept this help, otherwise the good results of Toulouse and the Dragons, the project to organize the World Cup will not be able to hide and erase the deficiencies that will have an impact on the base.

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

1 hour ago, fcl said:

A speech that begins to sound empty for many French Treizists. Apart from the World Cup project, there is no ambition with regard to the championships of France and the youth teams. Lyon and Toulon which are backtracking, a club which asks to be demoted from Elite1 and which is not replaced. Another club in a big city that makes a lot of noise and makes people believe that they have plans without having a real team. I am not talking about the incessant changes of rules, calendar etc for our clubs which gives the impression that this federal team is a little disconnected from the reality on the ground.

I hope that experienced technicians will come and help them and that they will accept this help, otherwise the good results of Toulouse and the Dragons, the project to organize the World Cup will not be able to hide and erase the deficiencies that will have an impact on the base.

I find it very alarming that Palau were not replaced in Elite 1, even at short notice.

Sounds like there are plenty of aspirations but a disconnect with the troops on the ground which needs fixing.

3 hours ago, fcl said:

It looks like Lacoste is a good communicator and a good choice to head the federation, an intelligent bloke who passes well with other nations officials etc, the problem is that some of his team don't seem to be pulling their weight, he should be the face of the federation with someone who understands and knows the game really running things, hopefully this will happen now Patrick pedrezani is Vice president. Patrick is a passionate treiziste and really has the good of the game as his real reason to be part of the federation unlike some others. 

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

It looks like Lacoste is a good communicator and a good choice to head the federation, an intelligent bloke who passes well with other nations officials etc, the problem is that some of his team don't seem to be pulling their weight, he should be the face of the federation with someone who understands and knows the game really running things, hopefully this will happen now Patrick pedrezani is Vice president. Patrick is a passionate treiziste and really has the good of the game as his real reason to be part of the federation unlike some others. 

In your opinion, Barnyia (and others I.e Audois, FCL, Atlantisman).

What does Lacoste/Pedrezani need to do in the next 12 months to ensure success is continued on from whatever happens on Sat/Sun regarding the respective grand finals? 

Hope for a miracle and win the lottery, 

Build slowly but surely, solidify the base whilst also spreading the game. Keep the existing clubs happy, 

Get the TV companies interested even if it's just for the French international games, the French will support any sport if France is playing and winning. 

They need to get development officers employed in all areas of France, 

Archived