Walmsley/Jouffret

Havenfan10

13 hours ago, Havenfan10 said:

I see it's been officially announced both players will be leaving. Walmsley gone for the cash and Jouffret back to France. 

Bit harsh to say he's gone for the cash, he's been outstanding for us and if he see's Fax as a better opportunity to achieve his end goal and reach SL then we should respect that.

1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Bit harsh to say he's gone for the cash, he's been outstanding for us and if he see's Fax as a better opportunity to achieve his end goal and reach SL then we should respect that.

It's the truth tho marra. Crack was he turned down a SL team. 

He's got his head screwed on then if that's the case, if he can earn more at fax than wigan and also be playing in a much better team than he would of been if he had been loaned to Newcastle then fair play. He also probably knows another good year at fax his value will go up for when he does go to SL

14 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

He's got his head screwed on then if that's the case, if he can earn more at fax than wigan and also be playing in a much better team than he would of been if he had been loaned to Newcastle then fair play. He also probably knows another good year at fax his value will go up for when he does go to SL

Fair point but do you not think his value would of went up if he had stayed with us? 

By all accounts we offered him a very good deal. 

2 hours ago, Havenfan10 said:

Fair point but do you not think his value would of went up if he had stayed with us? 

By all accounts we offered him a very good deal. 

It's all ifs and buts mate but I think if he had stayed with us it could of looked to others like a big fish in a small pond. Fax will be spending double if not treble what Haven can spend so gives him the chance of shining in a team with other big names and potentially being the stand out

2 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

It's all ifs and buts mate but I think if he had stayed with us it could of looked to others like a big fish in a small pond. Fax will be spending double if not treble what Haven can spend so gives him the chance of shining in a team with other big names and potentially being the stand out

Yea fair enough marra I take it back about going for the cash I'm just disappointed he never went to a SL club. 

I thought (hoped) he might gives us 1 more season then move on too a SL team. 

Jouffret signed for Fax as well for next season. Walmsley won't be on more money at Fax than he would be at Wigan but combined with either a job or a community role then it will see him earn more money. As has been mentioned he didn't want to go out on loan next season and be messed about although it seems he will only be at Fax for one season.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Jouffret signed for Fax as well for next season. Walmsley won't be on more money at Fax than he would be at Wigan but combined with either a job or a community role then it will see him earn more money. As has been mentioned he didn't want to go out on loan next season and be messed about although it seems he will only be at Fax for one season.

Yeah his contract money at fax plus job is supposedly between 40-50k a season way more than offered at SL and what we could offer . Saying that most of our players have 40k plus jobs at Sellafield and with contract money are on nice earners

36 minutes ago, donald said:

Yeah his contract money at fax plus job is supposedly between 40-50k a season way more than offered at SL and what we could offer . Saying that most of our players have 40k plus jobs at Sellafield and with contract money are on nice earners

He may learn the hard way that money is not everything. 

Main thing he wanted was to get in the Scotland squad for next years World Cup. It’s probably come earlier than he thought but Haven will always be a stepping stone for players. He was an unknown when he came last year, he’s been brilliant this season for us, hopefully Will Evans & the others will just be as good. Good luck to the lad. 

15 hours ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

I would doubt that. 🤔

Lachlan as gone to Fax for full time contract of £30k, his contract may be all inclusive with no playing money (no winning or losing money)

Non of Haven players are on the ridiculous money that as been quoted on this site, on the gates we get the club would be bankrupt and out business.

Lachlan wanted to be a full time professional, he gave us memorable try,s and conversion kicks this season and paid us back in full.

It is a reflection on Haven RLFC justifying how they got it right in recruiting Wamsley, Nikua and King. 

Lachlan you are welcome back at Haven anytime, Thank you for your outstanding service and friendship.

Best Wishes and Success in the Future, 

HAVEN SUPPORTERS.

On 28/09/2021 at 19:05, donald said:

It says on club statement plus he plays for avignon the money bag team be playing alongside James maloney next season

Except Maloney will be playing for Lezignan which is roughly the same distance from Avignon as Manchester is from Whitehaven.

Jouffret is from Avignon and started his playing career there plus his family live there.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

• 5 weeks later...

Archived