Thu 30th Sept : SL play off SF : Catalans Dragons v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 19:45 Sky TV

Who will win?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

Discuss the SL play off SF between Catalans Dragons and Hull Kingston Rovers here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm worried that the Catalan may freeze, massive excitement around the game, full house, 3000 fans expected 2 hours before the game  just to welcome the players to the ground, a big brass band playing the normal French finals music, plus hull kr are a good team who play a different style than all the other teams in super League with a great coach who will have a cunning plan! But hopefully the dragons will pull through via their experienced players. 

12 minutes ago, barnyia said:

hull kr are a good team who play a different style than all the other teams in super League with a great coach who will have a cunning plan! 

Please, please, please let this be Rovers' coach for this one...

blackadder_the_third_baldrick.jpg

• ckn pinned this topic

Regular season fixtures between the two sides: 29-28, 29-28, 32-30   

All Catalans wins but it doesn't get much closer than that, think KR will really fancy themselves here. Catalans have the advantage in big game experience but KR won't die wondering. Think there's a big chance it could be a pearler of a matchup again.

5 minutes ago, UTK said:

All Catalans wins but it doesn't get much closer than that, think KR will really fancy themselves here. Catalans have the advantage in big game experience but KR won't die wondering. Think there's a big chance it could be a pearler of a matchup again.

KR can be backed at a shade over 3/1 which i think is good value.For Catalan to win you would have to put £100 on to win just under £30 i know which is the value bet in my book.If KR play like they did against Warrington they won't be far out.

17 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

KR can be backed at a shade over 3/1 which i think is good value.For Catalan to win you would have to put £100 on to win just under £30 i know which is the value bet in my book.If KR play like they did against Warrington they won't be far out.

I think if Tomkins is out (TBC) then Hull have a real chance.

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

I think if Tomkins is out (TBC) then Hull have a real chance.

My team don't stand a chance what with them sat at home with their feet up.

If Hull KR start like they did last week, they will lose. Warrington failed to take advantage of several errors coming out of yardage but I think Catalans would.

Hull KR's aim will be to keep it close and then the pressure may get to Catalans.

As for Catalans, they are more experienced than previous teams so I think they'll win, but expect a close match, maybe with a late HKR surge falling just short.

5 hours ago, UTK said:

Being pedantic I don't think that's quite right. I'm sure the win at Craven Park was a little more comfortable for the Catalans. Certainly more than one converted try in it.

Don't disagree with your point though. Think it could be another close one.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

There wasn't much between the teams in the league games which will give Rovers confidence that they can do it. If Catalans start strong the way Warrington did it will be a tougher ask for Rovers to get back into the game so a better start will be needed. Catalans are still to have their annual 40 point home defeat yet so there is still time.

49 minutes ago, Niels said:

Are any of the HKR players who missed the Warrington game available for selection? 

Yes.

Dragons Catalans › News › 2021 › Sept. › Hull KR squad named (catalansdragons.com)

Likewise Les Dracs have Sam Tomkins in the named 21, but whether he gets on the filed is, I suppose, another matter.

Dragons Catalans › News › 2021 › Sept. › The squad for the Semi-Final (catalansdragons.com)

Archived