Thu 30th Sept : SL play off SF : Catalans Dragons v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 19:45 Sky TV

Who will win?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

7 hours ago, UTK said:

Regular season fixtures between the two sides: 29-28, 32-30, 16-23.

Is what you should have put, but I think you're correct in how close this could be.

As my pal suggested, you had it slightly wrong but I had to look it up to be certain.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Ullman said:

Being pedantic I don't think that's quite right. I'm sure the win at Craven Park was a little more comfortable for the Catalans. Certainly more than one converted try in it.

Don't disagree with your point though. Think it could be another close one.

6 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Is what you should have put, but I think you're correct in how close this could be.

As my pal suggested, you had it slightly wrong but I had to look it up to be certain.

Ah yes I've stuffed that one up. I'm glad I looked it up beforehand only to mistype it anyway hahaha.

From expected contender's for relegation to SL grand finalists can that happen twice in two years, sure it can.

HKR can look at Salford's journey of beating Wigan twice en-route both away, now Rovers have the confidence of beating firm favourites Warrington away that will be a great psychological boost, I love the journey of the underdog I will be firmly behind Rovers on Thursday night.

https://treizemondial.fr/bernard-guasch-a-pense-a-delocaliser-la-demi-finale/

Bernard Guasch thought of relocating the semi-final

WRITTEN BY NICOLAS · SEPTEMBER 29, 2021

Faced with the success of the sale of tickets for the Super League semi-final, the president of the Catalan Dragons thought of relocating the match to sell more tickets.

Interviewed by L'Indépendant, President Bernard Guasch spoke about the enormous enthusiasm for the semi-final that the Catalan Dragons will play against Hull KR. And the president admitted that when he saw the sale of 11,000 tickets in almost 48 hours, the idea of relocating the event crossed his mind.

Only, Bernard Guasch changed his mind, aware that Gilbert Brutus Stadium has been the place of Dragon exploits since the first hour. A president who relies on his full stadium to push behind his team. He thinks that the event would have attracted nearly 30,000 people if the stadium had the capacity. The match promises to be a great party and the sold out should galvanize players 80 minutes from a historic final.

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

From expected contender's for relegation to SL grand finalists can that happen twice in two years, sure it can.

HKR can look at Salford's journey of beating Wigan twice en-route both away, now Rovers have the confidence of beating firm favourites Warrington away that will be a great psychological boost, I love the journey of the underdog I will be firmly behind Rovers on Thursday night.

Salford lost the first game at Wigan, but beat (thrashed) them when it mattered! I will be firmly behind HKR just as you and many others will be.

I'd be happy for either side to win, as long as it is a cracker of a game.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 28/09/2021 at 10:41, fieldofclothofgold said:

You're getting nervous aren't you ? 

Being honest, I wouldn't say nervous. Actually I'd like it to be a really good game and, if Rervers win I'll probably find it rather amusing given the respective chances both teams had at the outset, especially with how Les Cats' season progressed. And if they do manage to get to the final, they'll be up against a team that's read the book, worn the t shirt, watched the dvd, etc, etc, whether it's Saints or Leeds so that should be interesting also. 

If they do all that and win the bloody thing, I may just be absent from here for a while.

On 28/09/2021 at 12:00, Mr Frisky said:

To be fair they wouldn't stand a chance if they were on the pitch.🤣

You're quite correct sir.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

18 minutes ago, Rawschach said:

I just hope that whoever wins this game wins the Final.  

I just hope that whichever French team wins this game wins the Final.

I've done my best by bunging a few quid on Rervers to win.

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I'd be happy for either side to win, as long as it is a cracker of a game.

Totally agree with that sentiment, if my team weren’t involved in the other semi final then I’d want whoever wins to go on and win the final. 

Both teams have been a breath of fresh air this season and whatever happens tomorrow can be proud of brilliant campaigns 👏

5 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

Old Frightful, Did you have to travel to the Marfleet Lane William Hills to put that bet on?

Rather remarkably considering your post, I did a small job for someone off Sutton Way yesterday, which is about 200 yards from the Marfleet Lane William Hills branch.

As it happens, I placed my bet online having to jump through around 200 hoops to reactivate my Bet365 account that had been dormant for some time. I became so frustrated that at one point I decided to call their helpline because I was going round in circles.

I'd like to thank the kind and very patient Michael who informed me in his smooth Irish brogue that I'd actually contacted the BetFred customer service number by mistake and he couldn't really assist with my Bet365 account.

In my defence, putting the Championship and league One threads up on here probably affected my thinking so BetFred will be no doubt delighted that their sponsorship of said leagues does creep into the mindset of folk, albeit a particularly stupid one in this case.

12 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

Old Frightful, Did you have to travel to the Marfleet Lane William Hills to put that bet on?

He almost got away with it until the border guard at Drypool Bridge asked to see his papers and spotted the Hull FC membership card belonging to his mate Barry.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

7 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I'd like to thank the kind and very patient Michael who informed me in his smooth Irish brogue that I'd actually contacted the BetFred customer service number by mistake and he couldn't really assist with my Bet365 account.

🤣🤣🤣

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived