Thu 30th Sept : SL play off SF : Catalans Dragons v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 19:45 Sky TV

Who will win?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

Live on Spanish Catalan TV too. Brass bands, fireworks, a rapper has made a song about the team, free t-shirts and masks from the council, street entertainment in the streets around the ground, all the hospitality sold out within an hour, gates open 3/4 hours before with the entertainment starting at the same time, looking forward to a great night, 

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Col81 said:

Am i missing something here? 3 games this year all very close. The bookies are giving Hull + 12 start at even money seems a very good bet if they score first it colud be 18-0 in affect after 10 minutes or so. Seems big to me very big

I think you might be. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Col81 said:

Am i missing something here? 3 games this year all very close. The bookies are giving Hull + 12 start at even money seems a very good bet if they score first it colud be 18-0 in affect after 10 minutes or so. Seems big to me very big

You're missing KR off the team name for a start.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Not been this excited since the ‘86 cup final. Not the best of omens I grant you! 😂

Going to be quite an evening, gutted to miss it. Having been over there first with Broncos for a pre-season friendly with UTC where they announced the Catalans re-brand pre-SL entry, and then many glorious weeks and weekends since, I can’t think of anyone else I could actually handle losing a game of this importance to. Rovers upsetting the odds would be immense, and I’ll give anything for it, but Les Cats are a great club from a great town and they’ve deserved their season too. Isn’t the cliche “rugby league is the winner tonight” either way? 🏉 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Not been this excited since the ‘86 cup final. Not the best of omens I grant you! 😂

Going to be quite an evening, gutted to miss it. Having been over there first with Broncos for a pre-season friendly with UTC where they announced the Catalans re-brand pre-SL entry, and then many glorious weeks and weekends since, I can’t think of anyone else I could actually handle losing a game of this importance to. Rovers upsetting the odds would be immense, and I’ll give anything for it, but Les Cats are a great club from a great town and they’ve deserved their season too. Isn’t the cliche “rugby league is the winner tonight” either way? 🏉 

Fingers crossed will be booking GF tickets. Allez les Cats. Rose' chilled can't wait. Like you have supported them for over 15years. 

Catalans have been excellent all year and have beaten Rovers 3 times. Every game very close though and the trip to Perpignan saw us ahead at HT before losing to a late penalty goal 32-30. Jordan Abdull caused havoc with his huge bombs.

We ran out of steam in intense heat that day maybe the cooler conditions will help.

Ryan Hall might play but still loads missing and it's going to be an enormous task for Rovers. We'll be massive underdogs just as last week but whatever happens we've exceeded expectations.

Looking forward to the game.

3 hours ago, LeeF said:

So why have Catalans managed to sell out for this game but last week’s matches had such poor attendances?

Either the novelty or that the locals think it's bull fighting?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

The build-up's already started.

Is the whole match on this stream? I think I prefer ‘Bartholome and Thierry’ to Baz and Tez. And Phil Clarke could find it easier to get away with his fashion ‘faux pas’ on this channel.

7 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Is the whole match on this stream? I think I prefer ‘Bartholome and Thierry’ to Baz and Tez. And Phil Clarke could find it easier to get away with his fashion ‘faux pas’ on this channel.

My guess is no. But keep the stream going and let people know if it is.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived