Thu 30th Sept : SL play off SF : Catalans Dragons v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 19:45 Sky TV

Who will win?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

Well done Catalans.

And KR fans should be encouraged by seeing what kind of team's being assembled for the next few seasons.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

‘Cos the GF is at Old Trafford.

We’ll just have to suck it up and try to sell more tickets to people other than supporters of the participating clubs. 

Sorry, I meant in the future if Catalans do turn into perennial winners and Toulouse continue to grow.

Just as a one off to help boost the image of the game here and in France.

Agree that this year’s edition of the Grand Final shouldn’t be moved.

2 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Sorry, I meant in the future if Catalans do turn into perennial winners and Toulouse continue to grow.

Just as a one off to help boost the image of the game here and in France.

Agree that this year’s edition of the Grand Final shouldn’t be moved.

I know what you meant but I still think we keep it at Old Trafford. There’s lots of things I’d change in RL but the GF venue isn’t one of them. 

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

As a one off I’d consider it.

Nope, as the aim is to get to Wembley for many, the aim is also to get to Old Trafford. The competition doesn't often get named but the destination does.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

24 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Whoever Catalans play in the GF, I suspect there'll be plenty of "neutrals" cheering for the French side.

I will be a neutral Futtocks, being a Lancashire lad, I will be firmly in Saints corner tomorrow night against the Yorkshire club and I expect them to win, so come next Saturday guess where my preferance will be?

1 minute ago, Padge said:

Nope, as the aim is to get to Wembley for many, the aim is also to get to Old Trafford. The competition doesn't often get named but the destination does.

I’m thinking just perhaps bigger than that and growing the sport in the northern hemisphere under a certain set of circumstances.

I know you’re saying that for you it’s got a certain cache to play at Old Trafford.

But thinking strategically there might be a case for a one off move if the French continue to grow.

Dustin' off the 2018 Wembley Dragon T-Shirt ready for next week. I was going anyway, but now I am going with supporting a team where in this situation I would usually be neutral.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

I will be a neutral Futtocks, being a Lancashire lad, I will be firmly in Saints corner tomorrow night against the Yorkshire club and I expect them to win, so come next Saturday guess where my preferance will be?

Must be galling that it's easier to get a train to Old Trafford from Perpignan than from 14 miles away.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Cheering for Leeds?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Do you think it will be good for the sport for Catalans to win?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If only the Catalans were based near the M62 eh.

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Well done Catalans...and Hull KR too, for turning themselves round this season. Childs did well, too. All round, a great game.

I agree. However, at a French XIII forum, Child's performance was seen as biased against Catalans but they prevailed despite his arbitration. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Love that they pulled McIllorum up on that pass into Keinhorst, sometimes the old dogs can’t get away with the old tricks eh 😂

Thought to myself that McIlorum surely couldn't have been stupid enough to do that on purpose.

Then saw the replay.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived