Thu 30th Sept : SL play off SF : Catalans Dragons v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 19:45 Sky TV

Who will win?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

26 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

If only the Catalans were based near the M62 eh.

Apparently an earthquake has been recorded along the M62 with RL traditionalist stamping their feet.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RayCee said:

I agree. However, at a French XIII forum, Child's performance was seen as biased against Catalans but they prevailed despite his arbitration. 

To be fair, Catalan supporters could Have Gauch reffing the game and claim he was biased.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, clogdance said:

Only 5 French players in tonight's Catalan Dragons side, let's not get carried away.

English teams have been the worst offenders for using imports since 1895.

5 minutes ago, Jean de Bordeaux said:

Well done Dracs !

Fingers crossed for the grand final .

I hope too Toulouse going in Superleague and a beginning of resurrection for the french RL.

That would be nice. The media in France may then start to acknowledge the game and give it reasonable coverage.  

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

15 minutes ago, RayCee said:

That would be nice. The media in France may then start to acknowledge the game and give it reasonable coverage.  

The media in France have a bigger bias against RL than our league loving press in comparison.

What it will do is give that region of France that has suffered from poor investment for years a shot in the arm and get more local businessmen and politicians to get involved.

In France the political element cannot be underestimated as far as sport goes.

7 hours ago, clogdance said:

Only 5 French players in tonight's Catalan Dragons side, let's not get carried away.

Mourgue, Yaha, Garcia, Bousquet, Chan and Goudemand. That’s 6 I believe. And they had 9 Frenchmen named in the 21 man squad. Catalans squad is made up of players from various nationalities, as is every squad in Super League.

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I will be a neutral Futtocks, being a Lancashire lad, I will be firmly in Saints corner tomorrow night against the Yorkshire club and I expect them to win, so come next Saturday guess where my preferance will be?

When Catalans walk out at Old Trafford in eight days time, I would have though the only RL fans not cheering them on will be the respective supporters of whichever team wins the second SF tonight.

Oh, and maybe a few small minded "traditionalists".

A new name reaching the Final is great news for our sport.

A French team winning it would be the greatest thing to happen to our sport since Les Cats won the RL Challenge Cup.

I simply cannot understand the mindset of anyone who might think otherwise.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Well done Catalans, another new team at Old Trafford, hopefully they can go one better than my team next week! 

Can we please give up with this boring "oh but I thought you said Catalans offer nothing to the game" nonsense - where people saying it are often saying it in response to nobody actually saying that. 

Catalans will have huge support from Northern RL fans next weekend, but still RL fans get slated as backward and insular. 

Archived