68 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Leeds Rhinos

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

He has a lot on his plate what with running the Rovers Return as well!

Aha...now I see why they call him "Young" Jack Walker.

Anyone know what Jack Welsby Senior does?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Leeds are in a pretty good position really, nothing to lose. If Leeds do make inroads early I can see Langtree Park getting very tetchy and possibly even a bit toxic given the expectations of Saints fans. That said I can also see us being well beaten too.

Nothing to lose, no expectations, away from home to a massively favoured side having finished 5th in the league; haven't I heard this one before 😉

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Leeds are in a pretty good position really, nothing to lose. If Leeds do make inroads early I can see Langtree Park getting very tetchy and possibly even a bit toxic given the expectations of Saints fans. That said I can also see us being well beaten too.

Nothing to lose, no expectations, away from home to a massively favoured side having finished 5th in the league; haven't I heard this one before 😉

Yep nothing to lose, hit them hard and throw the ball about, it is no good coming off the field wondering, but I expect Saints will be saying the same, so if they both go out with the same mindset, I expect Saints will win.

I am really looking forward to this one. Saints are a long way short of a vintage team and might just swagger into the game with a level of overconfidence having just thumped Leeds three weeks ago.

It feels like Leeds have spent most of the season playing with either a reserve back line or a reserve set of forwards but currently only a small number are out and have no excuses.

Walmsley trampled all over the kids three weeks ago and as good as he is he will not be as effective against Oledzki, Tetevano and Mellor that were missing in that game.

The weight of the Leeds shirt is the only pressure on Leeds as most expect them to be beaten just like they have been the last 8 or 10 times by Saints.

Oddly, when it actually matters, Leeds have won the last 8 or 10 playoff/grand final matches against Saints.

If Leeds can manage a high completion rate they will go very very close. It should be an absolute cracker!

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

Shaky moments from Coote.

Warming up for next year perhaps?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Blatant shoulder charge by Saints on the Leeds centre missed.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived