Sat 2nd Oct : Bet Fred Championship play off SF : Toulouse Olympique v Batley Bulldogs KO 16:15 local (15:15 BST) Sky Sports Mix

Who will win?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Batley Bulldogs

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Scubby said:

Great half from Batley. Expect Toulouse to kick on in the second half but you never know.

They certainly don't look like a team that's beaten everything in front of them away from home. Maybe having the big crowd and the expectation is getting to them.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Just now, Scubby said:

Great half from Batley. Expect Toulouse to kick on in the second half but you never know.

Yes they have played phenomenal. Whatever happens now they have had an amazing season.

It's great to see everyone here watching it and enjoying the game.

2 minutes ago, tim2 said:

They certainly don't look like a team that's beaten everything in front of them away from home. Maybe having the big crowd and the expectation is getting to them.

Definitely not a typical Toulouse performance by 2021 standards.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Indeed. Also, you don'tget into SL with your stadium! I expect them to win today but they need to better than this to win next week.

It was stipulated you had to have a certain standard of ground so you did at one point , but like you say you don't now.

2 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

It was stipulated you had to have a certain standard of ground so you did at one point , but like you say you don't now.

the point being, it looks more professional on TV when you have a decent stadium and of course you attract more and better supporters and sponsors, which is what really matters to the club's stability.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

2 minutes ago, tim2 said:

the point being, it looks more professional on TV when you have a decent stadium and of course you attract more and better supporters and sponsors, which is what really matters to the club's stability.

Spot on.

Very good start by Toulouse leads to a try. They seemed to want to score off every set in the first half, whereas sometimes you need to put together 2-3 good sets to create a genuine tryscoring chance. 

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Cruel but incisive.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived