Sat 2nd Oct : BetFred Championship Play Off SF : Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Panthers KO 17:30 Sky Sports Mix

Who will win?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Halifax Panthers

10 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

TBH, I’m more worried about ‘fax. Beating TOXIII would be standard underdog Fev.

Losing a game we “should” win against ‘fax would also be standard Fev.

That is a mindset that your player's dare not even contemplate David, they know they are better than Fax but should think the opposite, then go out and prove they are the superior of Toulouse.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Old Frightful changed the title to Sat 2nd Oct : BetFred Championship Play Off SF : Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Panthers KO 17:30 Sky Sports Mix

Looking at the squad listing on the RFL website (where they still are only able to list 19 of the 21 because, well, it's the RFL website) it looks like Junior Moors is out injured for Fev, which is a big blow. That means from their pack Fev will be missing Brad Day, James Harrison, Moors plus Gadwin Springer through injury, whilst although Dale Ferguson is in the squad it seems unlikely he will be considered fit enough to play.

Should still be a strong 17 for Fev of course but this and the weather forecast could have an impact on the game.

4 hours ago, LaneCoveTiger said:

Any word of ticket sales for this game so far? Would like to think it could pull in a 6,000 plus crowd. With it being a qualifier and a derby.

I think 6,000 or anywhere near is extremely optimistic. The Toulouse game which was a very strongly-hyped affair fetched 4,000, which was a cracking crowd for a Championship game with no away fans.

However Saturday's game is televised and the weather forecast is poor, and it doesn't quite have the mystique of the Toulouse game (which was between the two dominant, and at the time unbeaten teams) with Fev & Fax having already played twice recently.

The crowd when Fev beat Cas in the Challenge Cup in a Sky-televised game in 2012 was 4,165, think anything above 4,000 will be very satisfactory.

2 hours ago, silverback said:

Fev will have far too much biff for Fax. Far too much same  old same moves that see fax throw games away all season they could/should a won, 38- 12 to the Flatcappers.

It'll be way closer than that. One score either way.  Wouldn't be at all shocked if it went to golden point. 'fax always turn up for big games and even though we won las time out, the score was very flattering to Fev.

12 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

It'll be way closer than that. One score either way.  Wouldn't be at all shocked if it went to golden point. 'fax always turn up for big games and even though we won las time out, the score was very flattering to Fev.

Fax turned up against TO early in the season. Considering TO only gave away 124 points in 14 games all season, Fax scored 34 of them, that's over a quarter.  I wouldn't be surprised if this match goes to within 6pts. 

25 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Fax always turn up at Leigh, been some very good tussels and non more so than when Karl Harrison was coaching Fax they always had that extra bit of biff under his leadership.

Really looking forward to this game.

4 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

You do not want to go to golden point against us. 🤣 *goes back to watching replays of the NRC semi and Grand Final.

42 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Didn't the late Danny Jones get the drop goal winner at Warrington.

Think Ben Black got the one pointer at Warrington. Danny Jones got the one pointer at Post Office Road in the NRC semi.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

17 hours ago, kiggy said:

Fax turned up against TO early in the season. Considering TO only gave away 124 points in 14 games all season, Fax scored 34 of them, that's over a quarter.  I wouldn't be surprised if this match goes to within 6pts. 

Agree with your general point that this could be a close match, especially with the weather forecast still suggesting heavy rain during the game.

Not sure that Fax scoring 34 points against Toulouse has that much relevance as I think they were already 34 points down before they even scored, the feel of that game was very different. Fax only scored eight points at home against a weakened Fev team but I don't think that means Fev have a stronger defence than Toulouse either.

4 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Agree with your general point that this could be a close match, especially with the weather forecast still suggesting heavy rain during the game.

Not sure that Fax scoring 34 points against Toulouse has that much relevance as I think they were already 34 points down before they even scored, the feel of that game was very different. Fax only scored eight points at home against a weakened Fev team but I don't think that means Fev have a stronger defence than Toulouse either.

The TO-Fax was an odd one as you say. It was going a point a minute for the first half an hour. However, Fax have had some pretty good comeback wins this year and shouldn't be underestimated. Fev should be far too strong but a wet, scrappy match can get the nerves going if they aren't focussed.

Archived