Sat 2nd Oct : BetFred Championship Play Off SF : Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Panthers KO 17:30 Sky Sports Mix

Who will win?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Halifax Panthers

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

What was it for? I was 10 yards away, and like those around me and half the players, no one seemed to know. 

Said he’d kicked the Fev player,all he did was put his foot between the player & the try line.

I said the last time we played Fev the one thing that stood out was how physically dominating the Fev players looked. They have all the size of a SL team and once again they totally dominated us.  It is the final that the league deserved and Fev are more than deserving of their place in it.

I honestly can't decide who I want to win, both teams have been there or there abouts for a while now especially Fev so Im probably leaning towards them at the moment as I think they deserve their shot having been consistantly the best team in the division over a long period now.

31 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Said he’d kicked the Fev player,all he did was put his foot between the player & the try line.

Not quite, it was for kicking the ball, it is illegal to kick a ball that a player is holding.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

8 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I said the last time we played Fev the one thing that stood out was how physically dominating the Fev players looked. They have all the size of a SL team and once again they totally dominated us.  It is the final that the league deserved and Fev are more than deserving of their place in it.

I honestly can't decide who I want to win, both teams have been there or there abouts for a while now especially Fev so Im probably leaning towards them at the moment as I think they deserve their shot having been consistantly the best team in the division over a long period now.

Featherstone have been the best team in the division for a long period? Really?

3 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I think they have over the last decade or so.

We've not been the top team every year over the last decade by any stretch of the imagination. I'd have thought if you looked at our points over that period compared to other teams we'd be there or thereabouts however, and certainly the most consistent of the teams that aren't full time. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

19 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Featherstone have been the best team in the division for a long period? Really?

It's all about consistency. Not finished outside the Top 5 since 2009 (6th). League positions 2010 1st, 2011 1st, 2012 1st, 2013 1st, 2014 2nd, 2015 5th, 2016 4th, 2017 4th, 2018 5th, 2019 5th, 2021 2nd

9 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

We've not been the top team every year over the last decade by any stretch of the imagination. I'd have thought if you looked at our points over that period compared to other teams we'd be there or thereabouts however, and certainly the most consistent of the teams that aren't full time. 

Which was my point.

34 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

It's all about consistency. Not finished outside the Top 5 since 2009 (6th). League positions 2010 1st, 2011 1st, 2012 1st, 2013 1st, 2014 2nd, 2015 5th, 2016 4th, 2017 4th, 2018 5th, 2019 5th, 2021 2nd

Nonsense. Considering Toulouse and London have not been in the Championship for most of those years you listed this information is totally irrelevant and meaningless. You could turn it on it's head and say that Fev have failed to reach SL for many years. They haven't won the league single time in the modern era, that is not a reason to put them into SL that's celebrating failure

6 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Nonsense. Considering Toulouse and London have not been in the Championship for most of those years you listed this information is totally irrelevant and meaningless. You could turn it on it's head and say that Fev have failed to reach SL for many years. They haven't won the league single time in the modern era, that is not a reason to put them into SL that's celebrating failure

Showing your complete lack of understanding of professional sport. 

On 30/09/2021 at 14:02, silverback said:

Fev will have far too much biff for Fax. Far too much same  old same moves that see fax throw games away all season they could/should a won, 38- 12 to the Flatcappers.

Not far off.cracking game that had power and skills, i hope you go on to beat TO, thought welham had a blinding game,Well done fellas.:kolobok_bb:

1 hour ago, The Daddy said:

Toulouse have been in the championship for 7 of those years listed, the last 5 and 2009 and 2010. 

London have been in 6 of those seasons. 

10 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

So until this season 5 years in a row without finishing in the top three. With all due respect that seems to undermine arguments about their great recent consistency...

1 hour ago, Hello said:

So until this season 5 years in a row without finishing in the top three. With all due respect that seems to undermine arguments about their great recent consistency...

In fairness they did get to the grand final in 2019

1 hour ago, Hello said:

They actually came third in 17  and in all that time this will be  FEV's 6th appearance in a grand final and don't forget  for four years we had middle 8 qualifiers which FEV got into twice and when they didn't they won the championship shield 

So in 10 seasons  that's 6 grand finals  2 qualifiers  and 2 shields That's  not a bad record

20 minutes ago, POR said:

They actually came third in 17  and in all that time this will be  FEV's 6th appearance in a grand final and don't forget  for four years we had middle 8 qualifiers which FEV got into twice and when they didn't they won the championship shield 

So in 10 seasons  that's 6 grand finals  2 qualifiers  and 2 shields That's  not a bad record

I've posted in the past that I'd guess that Leigh have won more games than any other pro/semi pro team in the world over the last 20 years , I'd suggest over the last 10 , Fev would be that team 

So if they can win next week and take a place in SL , they will most definitely deserve it

32 minutes ago, POR said:

Not for some on here. They would criticise Featherstone for something no matter what.

1 hour ago, POR said:

That's won't be enough for davo5 though!

Archived