Sat 2nd Oct : BetFred Championship Play Off SF : Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Panthers KO 17:30 Sky Sports Mix

Who will win?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Halifax Panthers

Discuss the BetFred Championship play off Semi Final between Featherstone Rovers and Halifax Panthers here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

There's a decent thread already running here, full of sage comments from shrewd RL observers

Aye, I didn't notice it with it not being on the main forum so apologies. Perhaps you highlighting it on here is the best way to do it.

• ckn pinned this topic
1 hour ago, chromedome said:

When is the match played?   1st Oct. Is the Friday...2nd Oct is Saturday...(it says Sat. 1st Oct so ?)

BBC says Saturday.

3 hours ago, chromedome said:

When is the match played?   1st Oct. Is the Friday...2nd Oct is Saturday...(it says Sat. 1st Oct so ?)

Well spotted, you passed the test.

• Old Frightful changed the title to Sat 2nd Oct : BetFred Championship Play Off SF : Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Panthers KO 17:30

Probably the two misleading Fev results of the season for anyone who didn't see the games were our 6-23 defeat at home to Toulouse and our 54-22 win against Halifax. I think a lot of neutrals have looked at those results and decided it's a foregone conclusion we'll beat Fax and equally certain we'd then get hammered at Toulouse.

Toulouse were worthy winners when they played us but the game was in the balance for an hour until Fev's horrific error count took its toll.

Equally, Fev were well on top at the finish against Fax but we scored a number of tries that were a bit flukey and the first half in particular was a very tight affair.

6 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Can't believe how many people are backing Fev. Its almost like 2010 and 2011 didn't happen. 🤣

Perhaps they've just added the fact that Fax are rubbish into the equation?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

14 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Probably the two misleading Fev results of the season for anyone who didn't see the games were our 6-23 defeat at home to Toulouse and our 54-22 win against Halifax. I think a lot of neutrals have looked at those results and decided it's a foregone conclusion we'll beat Fax and equally certain we'd then get hammered at Toulouse.

Toulouse were worthy winners when they played us but the game was in the balance for an hour until Fev's horrific error count took its toll.

Equally, Fev were well on top at the finish against Fax but we scored a number of tries that were a bit flukey and the first half in particular was a very tight affair.

you say it was a tight first half but I recall FEV scored 5 tries to  Fax's 1😀

24 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

10-8 after 34 minutes and 3 of our 5 tries were flukey to say the least. We bombed a couple too mind, but you've missed the point, the score didn't really reflect the game.

Sounds like you are more confident of beating Toulouse than Fax Phantom,

Listen I tipped Fev at the start of the season to win promotion I do not have any reason to change my opinion, I honestly believe Fev has enough experience to win a GF in France, as they say you learn far more in defeat than in victory, I hope that James Webster and the player's have looked and listened hard and formulated a game plan to take them through.

Man mark Ford fairly but very physically and your half way there, my opinion of course.

Just the matter of getting past Fax first!

1 hour ago, chromedome said:

Will I qualify for a top job with RFL now ???

I have no clue mate, I wouldn't even qualify for a top job on this forum.

16 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Sounds like you are more confident of beating Toulouse than Fax Phantom,

No, not at all. I think we should definitely be clear favourites to beat Fax, but I also think Toulouse should be favourites to win promotion.

I just don't think either (potential) game is quite the foregone conclusion it's being portrayed as.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

No, not at all. I think we should definitely be clear favourites to beat Fax, but I also think Toulouse should be favourites to win promotion.

I just don't think either (potential) game is quite the foregone conclusion it's being portrayed as.

TBH, I’m more worried about ‘fax. Beating TOXIII would be standard underdog Fev.

Losing a game we “should” win against ‘fax would also be standard Fev.

Archived