Chris Chester appointed Head of Rugby at Leigh

The Daddy

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I really hope so Scubby, 

Derek is nt really all that rich in all fairness, and his obsession with meaningless job titles perhaps emphasises a great deal of naievity on his part. 

He perhaps has a bit more cash than your average leigh fan, but he is hardly super rich. 

Indeed derek reminds me of the old pub owners or garage owners of times gone by who used to run rugby league clubs

3 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Are Leigh going to be part-time next season? 

I very much doubt it, but saying that, we have not a clue who is on board yet for next year. I suppose also if SL next year is 3 down and 1 up. If it is, going down is probably better than staying up !

A few twists and turns yet no doubt.

12 hours ago, The storm said:

Derek is nt really all that rich in all fairness, and his obsession with meaningless job titles perhaps emphasises a great deal of naievity on his part. 

He perhaps has a bit more cash than your average leigh fan, but he is hardly super rich. 

Indeed derek reminds me of the old pub owners or garage owners of times gone by who used to run rugby league clubs

How do you know his wealth, and what would you class as 'super rich' ? No he is not Sheikh Mansour or Roman Abramovich, but everytime he goes abroad it's by private jet, so he's hardly short of cash.

31 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

No, they've confirmed staying full time

Well Leigh had better get a move on then in approaching player's who are conditioned to playing full time, lots of part time players would be most probably against giving up full time employment, they can acheive better income playing part time and recieving a wage.

On 29/09/2021 at 11:21, The storm said:

Derek is not really all that rich in all fairness, He perhaps has a bit more cash than your average leigh fan, but he is hardly super rich. Indeed derek reminds me of the old pub owners or garage owners of times gone by who used to run rugby league clubs

If he cashes in his spare equity in his business that's £6M according to companies house. If Koukash is going to get on board double that. I'd guess that dream team is miles beyond "average Leigh fan" "garage owner" or even "Pub Owner" unless it's Tim Martin at Weatherspoons.

Leigh have been victims of circumstance for years, but if they can ever get a foothold in Superleague they will be a comfortable mid table side. If say if Toulouse won promotion but got knocked back with no French TV deal that would be the break that Beaumont needs and probably deserves. 

33 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

I'm not sure what's more likely to be real, 2022 being Warrington's year or Koukash's supposed wealth.

Well one thing is for sure. Mr Beaumont keeps sticking the odd million in to keep the game going. Unlike some who suck the life out of it.

Never ceases to amaze me how some love criticising people they've never met who put money into RL , just a shame all the experts at running clubs and the game on here haven't made 50 million to be ' proper ' club owners 

11 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Never ceases to amaze me how some love criticising people they've never met who put money into RL , just a shame all the experts at running clubs and the game on here haven't made 50 million to be ' proper ' club owners 

The bins weren't done today.

Have you ever been in charge of coordinating council refuse collection services?

No?

Then, I'm afraid, we cannot log your comment.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

The bins weren't done today.

Have you ever been in charge of coordinating council refuse collection services?

No?

Then, I'm afraid, we cannot log your comment.

Completely irrelevant reply , but thanks for it anyway 👍

Archived