Where to watch NRL Grand Final

SamDrew

Does anyone have any knowledge of locations likely to show the NRL Grand Final in London? I don't have Sky, and will be in the city over the weekend, so looking for somewhere to catch the game. Anyone have any previous experience watching big games darn sarf?

10 minutes ago, SamDrew said:

Does anyone have any knowledge of locations likely to show the NRL Grand Final in London? I don't have Sky, and will be in the city over the weekend, so looking for somewhere to catch the game. Anyone have any previous experience watching big games darn sarf?

Just get now tv in for 1 day - easy

Having recently decided to Leave the Capitol (the Fall, 1981, Rough Trade) I can't say. I never found anywhere that would show an RL game but I would expect given it's the NRL somewhere in Clapham will be having it on.

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Some good advice above. Anywhere SW or west really, where there are large Aussie communities. Ealing, west acton, Hammersmith, Clapham.

I was in the Ram Inn in SW18 on Sunday for the F1. Provided there is no footy on, upstairs will show any sport you want. The owner is really friendly, maybe worth phoning to check 

Do "Walkabout" pubs still exist anywhere?

If they do then surely there must be some in the smoke.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

9 hours ago, SamDrew said:

It's on Main Event so any pubs/bars that are open at that time of the morning and normally show Sky will have it on.

The hard part, given the time of day, may be locating someone who knows how to use the Sky remote.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, bangersandmash said:

Dare I ask about a London pub for the Superleague Grand Final? 😬

Up against a Saturday evening England international?

Granted it's only Andorra but I don't fancy your chances of getting a big screen.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, newbe said:

Try Rileys Sports Bar, Lower Haymarket. W1.  Multi TVs to show different sports. London junior rl origin used hold there meetings there. (Don't moan about the prices) 🤣🍺🏉

Google says it's permanently closed.

There’s a sports bar and grill in Farringdon and one in Marylebone. Sure both will show it. If it’s a live sport event being shown on TV they’ll have it on.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I enjoyed the game but it was massively spoiled by the commentary. 

We complain about ours but Ray Warren is two plays behind describing the action and then goes off on massive tangents on where players live or went to school while important plays are happening. 

And when he isn't speaking it is Gould who's only objective in the game is to prove himself right in whatever he has previously said or predicted. The guy is so far up himself I'm surprised he hasn't disappeared. 

So glad we only have them on Sky Sports for State of Origin and the Grand Final and Fox are there the rest of the time.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived