It was s if the ice broke today - L'Equipe

audois

19th August L'Equipe gave the treize a full page for the up coming game at Warrington.  Yesterday my hopes were raised again with the iconic French sports daily. A full page but centred on Franck Azema a Catalan who played for UTC in 2001 but later made a name for himself as coach at top club Clemont Ferrand. Thomas Bosc spent some time at the rugby union club a year ago and Azema has visited the Dragons training sessions recently.

Today absolutely fabulous ! 2 full pages on the game with the XV just one. When was the last time something like that happened. Last century for sure. Everything perfect and included a piece on TO hoping to join the party. This evening Bein Sport 1 will cover the game. It's ideal because the main European soccer is out the way this week and at 8.45pm only Handball on Eurosport in competition. Could have excellent live viewing figures from Brutus..

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Fabulous news.  I have utterly loved every minute of my visits to the Rugby League region of France and delighted to see the French clubs doing well.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Hi looks like the France v England will also now be on French TV Sports + I think and also online via the FFR website. 

From the horses mouth this morning:)

p

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Fabulous news.  I have utterly loved every minute of my visits to the Rugby League region of France and delighted to see the French clubs doing well.

8 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Hi looks like the France v England will also now be on French TV Sports + I think and also online via the FFR website. 

From the horses mouth this morning:)

p

Hopefully we get it on tv this side of the channel as well then!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Today a  match report full page but with an add on special. Front page above the L'Equipe mast head it highlighted 'Historiques Dragons'. I call that 2 for today. Readers all over France in bars from Calais to Paris and beyond will now know  about Catalans Dragons and what they stand for. This story started with the Warrington game earlier but with this week six pages I reckon. Certainly not seen this century. Hopefully the odd post stamp size input has now gone.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

14 minutes ago, audois said:

Today a  match report full page but with an add on special. Front page above the L'Equipe mast head it highlighted 'Historiques Dragons'. I call that 2 for today. Readers all over France in bars from Calais to Paris and beyond will now know  about Catalans Dragons and what they stand for. This story started with the Warrington game earlier but with this week six pages I reckon. Certainly not seen this century. Hopefully the odd post stamp size input has now gone.

Genuine question - do readers “all over France” relate to a “Catalans” team?  I only ask because readers all over Spain wouldn’t relate to one based in Barcelona for example.  Is there the same vibe in France or are they viewed as 100% a French team?

it’s just so wonderful to see such a well run club performing so well, with Toulouse smashing not too. Great days.

1 minute ago, FearTheVee said:

Genuine question - do readers “all over France” relate to a “Catalans” team?  I only ask because readers all over Spain wouldn’t relate to one based in Barcelona for example.  Is there the same vibe in France or are they viewed as 100% a French team?

My opinion is that in France Toulouse would have more support,there is a general dislike of Catalans in France they wave the independence flag however 99% of French catalans prefer to stay tied to Paris as they like the social benefits too much.

Here over the border in Spain although I have many catalan friends who are really nice they do tend to let themselves down with their obsession with money and ripping tourists off and on the whole the Spanish dislike them referred to as Ratalans LOL 😆

Paul

2 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

it’s just so wonderful to see such a well run club performing so well, with Toulouse smashing not too. Great days.

I know a fair number of people in Carcassonne who support the Dragons as well as Carcassonne XIII. A neighbour of mine has three badges on his car window Carcassonne, Dragons and TO. 

11 hours ago, audois said:

I know a fair number of people in Carcassonne who support the Dragons as well as Carcassonne XIII. A neighbour of mine has three badges on his car window Carcassonne, Dragons and TO. 

He sounds confused. He needs to make up his mind.🙃

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

1 hour ago, audois said:

This just shows the ludicrousness of the Featherstone vs. Toulouse promotion debate, you don`t think that if Toulouse do something similar it won`t have even bigger ramifications, what a lead up into a French WC that would make.

No better to have arguments about the little club who could.

11 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

Any translations available? 😁

"The media coverage was exceptional following the qualification of the Dragons in the final!

Broadcast live on beIN Sports 1, Sky Sports and Esport3, the semi-final between the Dragons and Hull KR was also widely followed by local and national media. Numerous articles in the press, both pre-match and post-match, have communicated this historic qualification for the club in the Super League final.

The club's social networks reached the peaks on the occasion of this event. The reach of the various publications on the day of Thursday, September 30 reached several million people, record figures for the club."

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, The Rocket said:

This just shows the ludicrousness of the Featherstone vs. Toulouse promotion debate, you don`t think that if Toulouse do something similar it won`t have even bigger ramifications, what a lead up into a French WC that would make.

No better to have arguments about the little club who could.

Mate, it's crazy. A lot of 'supporters' are begging for RL to be ignored by the mainstream media and stay small time 

On 01/10/2021 at 13:13, audois said:

How does he see the road?

5 hours ago, Futtocks said:

"The media coverage was exceptional following the qualification of the Dragons in the final!

Broadcast live on beIN Sports 1, Sky Sports and Esport3, the semi-final between the Dragons and Hull KR was also widely followed by local and national media. Numerous articles in the press, both pre-match and post-match, have communicated this historic qualification for the club in the Super League final.

The club's social networks reached the peaks on the occasion of this event. The reach of the various publications on the day of Thursday, September 30 reached several million people, record figures for the club."

Excellent thanks 👍

5 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

Any translations available? 😁

Futtocks kindly provided a translation on this occasion, DM, but to help you for future reference, if you find yourself on Les Dracs' website French language pages, which is where Audois' link took you, go to near the top right corner and where it says 'FR', drop down and click on 'EN' and it is all in English.  I presume no other SL club has a bilingual website.

Some years ago, incidentally, AS Carcassonne's website used to be in both French and what I think was Occitan, but that no longer seems to be the case.

14 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Futtocks kindly provided a translation on this occasion, DM, but to help you for future reference, if you find yourself on Les Dracs' website French language pages, which is where Audois' link took you, go to near the top right corner and where it says 'FR', drop down and click on 'EN' and it is all in English.  I presume no other SL club has a bilingual website.

Some years ago, incidentally, AS Carcassonne's website used to be in both French and what I think was Occitan, but that no longer seems to be the case.

Easier still copy and paste into google translate

Archived