Dec Patton to the Bulls - Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

On a one year deal. Good signing for us??? Plus wondering the halfbacks for next season for us, unless Brough hangs up his boots early.

You've got Patton, Lilley and Brough now then? Better options than some SL clubs, especially if coached properly.

12 hours ago, M j M said:

You've got Patton, Lilley and Brough now then? Better options than some SL clubs, especially if coached properly.

Not bad trio.. I think Brough needs to bow out now in style 

12 hours ago, Dave T said:

I think he will be a decent Championship player. I hope he goes well, but not a top SL halfback. 

Championship player?  Another to cast away.. He’ll be a decent SL2 player.

18 minutes ago, Tabby said:

Not bad trio.. I think Brough needs to bow out now in style 

Championship player?  Another to cast away.. He’ll be a decent SL2 player.

He'll be playing in the Championship. 

There's no way Danny Brough, who will be in his 40th year, will be able to play a full season next year. And Jordan Lilley tends to pick up a few injuries as well -so we need three half backs.

So signing Patton looks like a very good deal from where I sit.

We'll need to a few more to break into the top two or three in the Championship though

Yer man was unfortunate to not to get the opportunity to shine at Salford, given the Marshall curiously thought he was a hooker, in the same he curiously believed Sarginson was a full back and Burgess was a centre. Not so curious Dickie is not there anymore.

I hope Declan gets a better deal on the pitch at Bradford then. 

Ive woke up this morning convinced that Bulls have signed Jamie Ellis as well, did I just imagine that? I had a lot of beer last night so someone could have told me in passing but I can't see anything on the Bradford forum. The Championship is going to be a really good league again next season. I don't expect Fev/Toulouse to be a lot stronger than they are this season and a lot of teams are making signings that could take them to near that level so they might not have it their own way. I don't expect Leigh to be anywhere near strong enough to think they go straight back up so next year is a great opportunity to take a non fashionable club in to SL.

52 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Ive woke up this morning convinced that Bulls have signed Jamie Ellis as well, did I just imagine that? I had a lot of beer last night so someone could have told me in passing but I can't see anything on the Bradford forum. The Championship is going to be a really good league again next season. I don't expect Fev/Toulouse to be a lot stronger than they are this season and a lot of teams are making signings that could take them to near that level so they might not have it their own way. I don't expect Leigh to be anywhere near strong enough to think they go straight back up so next year is a great opportunity to take a non fashionable club in to SL.

Jamie Ellis has signed for York

Watching Patton develop from a distance I feel he’s been let down by his Coaches at Warrington.

When he broke into the 1st Team at Wire he wasn’t far off for a kid his age, he needed to learn how to take control of a game and to dictate to his team. That’s not always natural for a kid coming into a team of established senior players, some of them internationals.

IMO, he needed help from his coaches and time in the team to settle and establish himself. Instead he was left out for bigger names and sometimes I thought it seemed unjust. I think he’s one who’s been let down and he’s never fulfilled his potential but maybe it’s not too late for him.

Good signing for Bradford, John Kear knows how to get the best from his pivots so it could be a great move for Patton.

Archived