Anymore re signings on the horizon

RogerT

Whilst the lads are gearing up for the french match and seeing how other teams are now starting to show there hands I got around to thinking how we are progressing with the remaining re signings or any new signings.

Yes I know our club are gentlemen when it comes to playing by the rules and they will not declare new signings until our season is over, surely that would apply to the regular season these matches are play off ones.

Just me being bored.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, RogerT said:

Whilst the lads are gearing up for the french match and seeing how other teams are now starting to show there hands I got around to thinking how we are progressing with the remaining re signings or any new signings.

Yes I know our club are gentlemen when it comes to playing by the rules and they will not declare new signings until our season is over, surely that would apply to the regular season these matches are play off ones.

Just me being bored.

It will depend upon which division you play in, I guess.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Agree Rog, too nice. We get royally *hafted by other clubs who can't wait to put out about taking players off us. We say that we won't until a particular player's season is over with his current club but I no longer think we need to. Regarding any other re-signings I think the 19 as suggested by KN is the end of it. We knew Jodie was considering retirement. Retts I think is now lost to us, Bowman clearly can't throw off the arm injury, Horn never got a feature and can't see him coming back to be the nearly man again and that only leaves Tonks who I would have loved to have back. One would have thought as well that having a good season there might be a few SL leavers tempted but it seems like Halifax and Bradford (even York again) still have a bigger pull. We need a half dozen good incomers as we need to improve on this year if we're to qualify for the mooted (probably won't happen) SL2.

4 hours ago, phildog said:

Agree Rog, too nice. We get royally *hafted by other clubs who can't wait to put out about taking players off us. We say that we won't until a particular player's season is over with his current club but I no longer think we need to. Regarding any other re-signings I think the 19 as suggested by KN is the end of it. We knew Jodie was considering retirement. Retts I think is now lost to us, Bowman clearly can't throw off the arm injury, Horn never got a feature and can't see him coming back to be the nearly man again and that only leaves Tonks who I would have loved to have back. One would have thought as well that having a good season there might be a few SL leavers tempted but it seems like Halifax and Bradford (even York again) still have a bigger pull. We need a half dozen good incomers as we need to improve on this year if we're to qualify for the mooted (probably won't happen) SL2.

1. When did we get royally shafted?

2. I don't think it is a case of us losing Rettie.

3. As for other signings, I reckon there will be plenty to come from SL into our division.  Remember, for us this season isn't over yet!

8 minutes ago, phildog said:

DD, every season when everybody gets to know who so and so has signed from us!

How is that our club being shafted? It is simply how our club chooses to operate. Are you suggesting that they get all of the players first because they announce them? Or that our ex players who they announce would remain with the club if they didn't announce then early? 

As above, do you think our club want Rettie back but he has chosen to go elsewhere?

We have announced the players at our Club who have resigned for next year which is a formidable 19. We will not announce any new players whilstever we are still playing. No suprise that we are presently concentrating on our big game tomorrow and all the players who have done us proud this season. Whatever other Clubs do I personally don’t care. We do it OUR way and we will respect other Clubs and players whether we are respected or not.

Now let’s concentrate on Toulouse !!

On 01/10/2021 at 17:06, phildog said:

DD, every season when everybody gets to know who so and so has signed from us!

Every season you moan and carry on about this! 

I'm not sure whether you put these posts up for a bit of attention, or you just like to find things to moan at.

May I ask, what difference does it make whether everyone knows or not?

Whether the information is in the public domain or not, is completely irrelevant.

Surely, the only people that this really matters to, is the player himself and the coach.

The player is going to know who he will be playing for next season, as at this late stage he will have probably signed a contract in most cases. The coach will also know if the player has, or hasn't signed for next season too. 

I was going to lock this post, but seeing as there looks to be some movement tomorrow, I'll leave it open a bit longer and see how it goes.

31 minutes ago, RogerT said:

I was going to lock this post, but seeing as there looks to be some movement tomorrow, I'll leave it open a bit longer and see how it goes.

Why not just leave it open over the close season so we can add to it. Maybe call it something like stories and rumours or something similar. You admns are far too twitchy with your locking and unlocking. 

We should run a vote on here to find out who we should sign.Give the results to Kevin and tell him to sign them.Even then some on here would still moan.

I could be wrong but I don't remember any of the "experts " on here screaming for us to sign Gilmore.That did'nt work out too badly did it?

Why don't we just leave it to the people who know what they are talking about.

1 minute ago, gittinsfan said:

We should run a vote on here to find out who we should sign.Give the results to Kevin and tell him to sign them.Even then some on here would still moan.

I could be wrong but I don't remember any of the "experts " on here screaming for us to sign Gilmore.That did'nt work out too badly did it?

Why don't we just leave it to the people who know what they are talking about.

Stop talking sense mr philldog won’t like it we’ve been saying it for the last 2 seasons under lingard! 

we could be worse we could be a number of clubs… enjoy the ride under Craig it’s about to go again!! 

30 minutes ago, RogerT said:

So glad it's now out in the open, when I get home I will add him to the list.

when you get home?, shouldn't you be working?. instead of driving about using your mobile to check the forum...

talking about driving about, are you any good with Petrol tankers ?.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Looks a decent signing, but I still see Greg J and JC as first choice on the wing

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived