Anymore re signings on the horizon

RogerT

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, phildog said:

Few leaving Fax.....

To be fair most of them are probably lads that need to be playing in league 1.  McGrath would not look out of place in the Championship but is retiring due to work commitmants so I expect he will go somewhere like Rochdale like our other retirees earlier in the season. Davies twins not good enough for this level, Rawsthorne injured and retiring, Jones again League 1. Harris has signed for York, Morris the rumour is he is also off to York, Robinson rumoured to have been told to find another club despite been under contract next season. The last 3 all good at this level so would be good signings for any club.

8 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

To be fair most of them are probably lads that need to be playing in league 1.  McGrath would not look out of place in the Championship but is retiring due to work commitmants so I expect he will go somewhere like Rochdale like our other retirees earlier in the season. Davies twins not good enough for this level, Rawsthorne injured and retiring, Jones again League 1. Harris has signed for York, Morris the rumour is he is also off to York, Robinson rumoured to have been told to find another club despite been under contract next season. The last 3 all good at this level so would be good signings for any club.

If the rumours about Fax's recruitment are correct you will be desperate to get rid of a few. Robinson my have been told to move elsewhere but you could have to subsidise his contract. Some money being spent just to stay in SL2 - quite a gamble isn't it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

15 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

If the rumours about Fax's recruitment are correct you will be desperate to get rid of a few. Robinson my have been told to move elsewhere but you could have to subsidise his contract. Some money being spent just to stay in SL2 - quite a gamble isn't it?

We are flush with cash after last year. May as well spend it, there's nowt else to do. 🤣

But yeah there seems to be a lot of signings going on, Walmsley, Joufrett, Keyes, Arundel, Wood, Aston, Gee, Gwaze, those seem to be the ones that are done deals but theres rumours about Brad Knowles, Brandon Douglas and a couple of others from Huddersfield doing the rounds. Thats a big turnaround of players but for me we still need a couple more big units in the forwards as that is what we have lacked this season. I guess the good thing is that we have mainly just released fringe players so far apart from the half backs and the ones we are bringing in are a big step up on what we have. Robinson is a decent player but he does not live up to his ego, his views off the field seem to be similar to his mate who recently left Halifax and then got moved on by York. 

Good addition to the team imo, sort of player who could blossom at the Bulldogs and I'm sure Leak & Kaye will teach him a few tricks

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

As long as you can hang onto your coach, of course. He seems to be putting himself about a bit at present.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

13 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

As long as you can hang onto your coach, of course. He seems to be putting himself about a bit at present.

He does indeed, but careers are short and promotions are rare. To be fair to him, his Keighley experience has probably had some kind of an influence on his thoughts on loyalty.

46 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

One of the loyalist people I know… he could of left the gallant youths numerous times to fev and other clubs a few times in his playing career 

why shouldn’t he put himself or the club around the world 

23 hours ago, phildog said:

I'd be onto Leeds about Levi for a season loan.

THEY nay have plans for him next year and it's all down to you

Playing regularly for you has got him in the England knights squad v jamaica 🤩

On 07/10/2021 at 16:50, Blind side johnny said:

Jimmy Meadows - any good?

Yes but being realistic , he has been full time and lives in London 

I know the mighty Bulldogs have pulling power , and the Spen Valley is a lovely part of the world , but would you move from London to go part time at Batley 

IMG_0583.JPG

where in the country is he from?, he has played for the Eagles at one point..

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

2 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Born in Isleworth, around five miles from the Broncos' West Ealing base, Meadows is one of a host of homegrown players to emerge from the club’s prolific junior system.

and he played his junior rugby at  Elmbridge Eagles about 8 miles from Isleworth,

A fantastic bit of business to bring in a talented young player like Meadows to the Dogs. And an apt replacement for Elliott Hall. I'm looking forward to seeing in a Batley shirt next season

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived