Anymore re signings on the horizon

RogerT

And the next one right in here please....for those of us old enough to remember! Batley News says 'hopeful of adding', surely we're not still shopping.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RPH said:

when you get home?, shouldn't you be working?. instead of driving about using your mobile to check the forum...

talking about driving about, are you any good with Petrol tankers ?.

I was having a break in the services on the A1M, errrrr no.

1 hour ago, phildog said:

And the next one right in here please....for those of us old enough to remember! Batley News says 'hopeful of adding', surely we're not still shopping.

Why not? There are always those last minute bargains to be had. I got some lovely after eight mint Mousses last night from Tesco! Reduced too! 

Sorry I digress, didn't we get Tom Gilmore late in the day?

Whiteley aged 28 started his career with Huddersfield Giants, and after a spell in Australia, he spent two years at Workington. then moved to Sheffield Eagles followed by York Knights.

he has flexibility to operate in the back row and at Centre.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Perry can play centre or wing the same as Dale. Next year we expect to play more games and so will inevitably get injuries so players that can play in more than one position are vital. This is the first of our proposed new signings with 3 or possibly 4 more to come before we review the position and we still don’t know the monies we will receive but undoubtedly it will be significantly less than this year and even more significantly less than we would have got finishing 4th in previous years so there will be a shortfall and this is a calculated  risk as we still don’t know if there will be a reduced Championship  & SL of 10 next year. We like other Clubs are desperate to get in that 10 if it happens hence our strategy which is far more risky than previous years under our stewardship. We therefore need more support than ever.

2 hours ago, distantdog said:

Why not? There are always those last minute bargains to be had. I got some lovely after eight mint Mousses last night from Tesco! Reduced too! 

Sorry I digress, didn't we get Tom Gilmore late in the day?

I was just going to say that. I’m sure you got Tom Gilmore late on. Suppose you can’t please everyone.

Anyway, on Perry Whiteley, I think this lad is a decent signing and he is a local. He scored a length of the field try at Wembley this season in the 1895 Cup final, and I remember him scoring for both Workington and York against us over the last few years.

He is a big lad and has some pace! Hopefully he will take our backs up a notch!

11 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Anyway, on Perry Whitely, I think this lad is a decent signing and he is a local. He scored a length of the field try at Wembley this season in the 1895 Cup final, and I remember him scoring for both Workington and York against us over the last few years.

He is a big lad and has some pace! Hopefully he will take our backs up a notch!

YES he intercepted when FEV had a three man overlap and ferres threw out a sloppy pass  without looking but don't forget an 18 year old playing in only  his second  first team game skinned him for a try in the first half then mugged him off and left him on the floor for his second 😂

But  I won't hold all that against him he played for FEV on loan this season played really well  and scored a cracking try😀

He's a bit of size about him as well, should make him a handful if he gets a trot on going downhill. Re signing Tom late on, yeah but everything else was in place by then, I'd be surprised if another such signing hit the headlines for us again so late.. I just thought that with our success throughout the season we'd have had players in place early instead of watching the usual suspects hoovering up.

4 minutes ago, POR said:

YES he intercepted when FEV had a three man overlap and ferres threw out a sloppy pass  without looking but don't forget an 18 year old playing in only  his second  first team game skinned him for a try in the first half then mugged him off and left him on the floor for his second 😂

But  I won't hold all that against him he played for FEV on loan this season played really well  and scored a cracking try😀

Are you The Blues Ox in disguise? So I was right about the length of the field try then?

3 minutes ago, phildog said:

He's a bit of size about him as well, should make him a handful if he gets a trot on going downhill. Re signing Tom late on, yeah but everything else was in place by then, I'd be surprised if another such signing hit the headlines for us again so late.. I just thought that with our success throughout the season we'd have had players in place early instead of watching the usual suspects hoovering up.

You've no proof that we haven't.

On 06/10/2021 at 19:40, phildog said:

You never know Phildog owt can appen. 

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

Archived