Will you be there?

WTRLFC WEBSITE

Looks like it’s Keighley again. Leading 26 - 18 with 16mins to go

Edited by Keith T

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Maybe not as Donny score again 26 - 22 with 3 and a half to go

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Donny score again in last second. Hooters gone with conversion to come.

scored so it’s Donny we play in the final

Edited by Keith T

21 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Well what a game that was. Keighley looked the better team all through but Donny never gave in. A shame really because Keighley would have brought far more fans.

Maybe if donny as a club fiancé the supporters buses ,like keighley did maybe then they may swell the crowd a fair bit, time will tell we owe donny one after our home defeated them earlier in the season. Come on boys you can do this you may not get a better chance utt

I know this may sound a bit perverse but my only nagging doubt about playing cougars was we’d beat them three times and you think Sod’s Law might see them turn us over … whereas we haven’t beat Donny so we could turn that round and we owe them . Totally illogical but would be a good end and we’d have got something off every side then !

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, THMS said:

We need a drum and air horns like Keighley had 😂

No we definitely do not! There's nowt more annoying than some git banging the same effin tuneless beat over and over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

This is gonna be a long week, I'm starting with nerves already 🙈

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

7 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

No we definitely do not! There's nowt more annoying than some git banging the same effin tuneless beat over and over.

Amen to that , anyone trying to bring in a drum to rugby games should be given firm instructions on what to do with the drumstick …. Sideways 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

I know this may sound a bit perverse but my only nagging doubt about playing cougars was we’d beat them three times and you think Sod’s Law might see them turn us over … whereas we haven’t beat Donny so we could turn that round and we owe them . Totally illogical but would be a good end and we’d have got something off every side then !

Absolutely David, I had the same thought. Remember 2011, we beat Keighley  at the end of the regular season, then away in the playoffs and then they turned us over in the promotion final at Warrington. We can do the same against Donny because they did the double over us! Motivation!
And as for drums, I don’t know how Keighley got one into Derwent Park but if I’d had a sharp knife it wouldn’t have been much use!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, silverfox said:

The best atmosphere at a rugby ground is Leeds and the reason is a trumpet and drums .  There is nothing wrong with it  If they can play them 

Aye I think we are gonna have to agree to disagree on that one Silverfox. A few years ago a watched an England football match and was relatively close to the brass band, and as it was football and a full stadium I couldn't move so had to sit and suffer, it totally spoiled the game for me and they could all play their instruments. 

I'm all for atmosphere, and the best I remember is at during our halcyon days of Peter Walsh's blue & white army, and during the derbies with Haven around the same time. It doesn't need someone to bang a drum a dozen times and follow it with "the Town", "Haven", "Cougars" or whatever. I'm with David M on sticking the drum sticks where the sun don't shine! 

• Like 3

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

15 hours ago, DavidM said:

Amen to that , anyone trying to bring in a drum to rugby games should be given firm instructions on what to do with the drumstick …. Sideways 

Could be worse, at least it’s not those Huddersfield cow bells.

• Haha 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

On 03/10/2021 at 19:07, Unicorn 106 said:

Would have preferred the Cougars because of the support they would bring. Donny looked very powerful going forward with 2 quality half backs leading them around the field. Too close to call, we need to be at the top of our game to win this. UTT. 💙

Agreed, I actually thought Donny looked the better team when they hit their straps and will take some stopping for sure.