Toulouse v Batley

The Grinder

27 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Good luck in France tomorrow. Hope you show up well.

We're already winners regardless of the result!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I will watch the first half before setting off for our game.Batley have nothing to lose they have done you supporters proud this season.Get stuck into them and try to break up the play niggle without giving away penalties.I remember Wakey having won 28 on the trot going to Batley and the score was a 0-0 draw although 4inch of thick mud helped level matters.So good luck.

Excellent first half but game decided in the  first 10 minutes of the second half, too many mistakes in that period put Toulouse on top.

Been a good season so plenty to look forward to next year.

Well done Batley, a great first half, but we shipped 18 easy points and gamecwas gone, never got the ball back or completed our sets when we did. Very happy to finish 4th with a semi final against the clear favorites 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

On 02/10/2021 at 09:26, sentoffagain2 said:

I will watch the first half before setting off for our game.Batley have nothing to lose they have done you supporters proud this season.Get stuck into them and try to break up the play niggle without giving away penalties.I remember Wakey having won 28 on the trot going to Batley and the score was a 0-0 draw although 4inch of thick mud helped level matters.So good luck.

My first ever match

Did we lose Flynn during the game, I don't recall his return in the second half? We seemed to bring Hall on earlier and at fullback, but not sure why?

Flynn injured in first half. Must have had a big influence on our defence, plus we ended up with four wingers on the pitch (counting Hall as a winger) so the disruptions there can't have helped.

Great first half and overall a brilliant season. Well done to all players, staff and all at the club.

22 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Did we lose Flynn during the game, I don't recall his return in the second half? We seemed to bring Hall on earlier and at fullback, but not sure why?

I think it happened when he tried to tackle Casty when he scored their first try. It looked like he collided with the post when he tried to tackle him, and seemed to be holding his lower leg/ankle prior to coming off. But I'm not sure.

Good display by your lot, especially in the first half.

TO are a class above all the other teams and your players and officials will have their heads held high.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Kind words BSJ, but Linners was right to suggest that we were poor in the second half.  Well intentioned positional changes, partly forced on him by injury, just didn't work out. We would no doubt have cracked eventually as fatigue took it's toll, it's just a shame that we weren't able to keep the score tight for longer. Ten out of ten for effort though.  Now I'm looking forward to seeing if a very good Featherstone team can rein them in. 

Featherstone will do what no doubt other SL teams will next season, that is, use Batley's first half performance as both motivational and inspirational in what can be achieved by a team, determined and skilful enough not to be intimidated and to take the game to Toulouse. Wonderful first half performance by a part time set of lads, who undoubtably hadn't had much, if any sleep, going into this game. We can all be so proud of messrs Lingard, Nicholas and each and everyone of them!!... 👍 

If you bear in mind that we absolutely gifted them 18 points from Hall's 2 drops and the ridiculous offload attempt by Leaky 25 yards of our line plus the amount of possession we surrendered in that 2nd half, it puts a different perspective on the outcome.

15 minutes ago, phildog said:

If you bear in mind that we absolutely gifted them 18 points from Hall's 2 drops and the ridiculous offload attempt by Leaky 25 yards of our line plus the amount of possession we surrendered in that 2nd half, it puts a different perspective on the outcome.

I agree. Some daft decision making (not disimilar to the second half against Bradford) but a decent go. Hopefully we should aspire to getting closer to teams such as them for longer. Overall a great season though, which those at the club and we all should be proud.

Personally, I don't mind which of Toulouse or Featherstone get promoted, though I suspect I will miss my two week holiday in the former centred around the game a little more than my afternoons in the latter!

Having watched it back - surely we’d of got a penalty or penalty try for the pull back on Gilmore early doors 

50/50s didn’t go our way when we needed them to… anyway we are proud of the effort from 1-17 all year and the staff 2022 can be another year of us been proud of the gallant youths

player of the year for me is Dane manning or Alistair Leak 100% every game they play 

18 hours ago, phildog said:

Maybe. Also bear in mind that TO were rubbish for the first ten minutes, gifting you possession on many occasions. The difference lies in exploiting such gifts.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived