Thunder

yck2017

7 minutes ago, yck2017 said:

Just seen that Gateshead are to go full tme for the 2022 season so it looks like them and Leigh

Not a given that full time will guarantee a top two finish. Just look at London this year.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

You can’t buy a team you have to build one as we found out.

It’s good Newcastle are going full time they look like there doing a good job up there they have been building for a few years now similar to ourselves. I wish them well they have a massive catchment area with Newcastle and Sunderland so the potential is enormous.

The problem they have is recruiting players who play in the championship who may have a career outside rugby or a good job would they be willing to sign a 1 or 2 year contract to give there career/job up? Can these players earn more playing part time boosting there wages from playing part time semi pro? Also you could just attract the players who are money oriented looking for as much as possible or washed up super league players looking for a easy last pay day it is a awkward one when recruiting.

Personally I would like to see a team all committed to the club and  playing for each other with a connection with the fans and even when they get beat I can go home after watching knowing they have give there all.

If you read the statement by Thunder on this, it stresses not new f/t signings, but the benefit to their existing squad of full-time training and match preparation.

In that sense, it does mirror the Bronco's approach in the championship ..... albeit that they are also rumoured to be going shopping🙂

Not always easy to get right first time.......

On 02/10/2021 at 10:38, Roger York said:

so you could just attract the players who are money oriented looking for as much as possible or washed up super league players looking for a easy last pay day 

Hopefully they looked at us this year and won't make the same mistake!

On 02/10/2021 at 10:38, Roger York said:

You can’t buy a team you have to build one as we found out.

It’s good Newcastle are going full time they look like there doing a good job up there they have been building for a few years now similar to ourselves. I wish them well they have a massive catchment area with Newcastle and Sunderland so the potential is enormous.

The problem they have is recruiting players who play in the championship who may have a career outside rugby or a good job would they be willing to sign a 1 or 2 year contract to give there career/job up? Can these players earn more playing part time boosting there wages from playing part time semi pro? Also you could just attract the players who are money oriented looking for as much as possible or washed up super league players looking for a easy last pay day it is a awkward one when recruiting.

Personally I would like to see a team all committed to the club and  playing for each other with a connection with the fans and even when they get beat I can go home after watching knowing they have give there all.

See Sheffield Eagles 2016

Archived