If you could only watch one final next weekend........

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Who would it be? 

From wanting to be entertained and expecting a competitive entertaining game I would choose the Toulouse v Fev final, they are far better matched to deliver a good game, I just think that both St Helen's teams Ladies and Men will be far to good for their opposites.

Which final will your grandson be watching? - he's in the know so ill go with his choice. 👍

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Who would it be? 

From wanting to be entertained and expecting a competitive entertaining game I would choose the Toulouse v Fev final, they are far better matched to deliver a good game, I just think that both St Helen's teams Ladies and Men will be far to good for their opposites.

Catalans have beaten Saints twice this year. Fev v Toulouse is fascinating as they have only played once this year. Outside of that, they have both been thrashing everyone else.

Tactful title Harry, well done. My choice would be Toulouse v Fev as, if Toulouse win, it's the one with the most potential to transform RL in the Northern Hemisphere. But I can't get there so I'll be at Old Trafford cheering on the Dragons like crazy. I'm a huge England RL fan and want us to absolutely massacre them and every other team in the WC, but 2 French victories next weekend would be the best possible result for the game.

1 hour ago, Whippet13 said:

Tactful title Harry, well done. My choice would be Toulouse v Fev as, if Toulouse win, it's the one with the most potential to transform RL in the Northern Hemisphere. But I can't get there so I'll be at Old Trafford cheering on the Dragons like crazy. I'm a huge England RL fan and want us to absolutely massacre them and every other team in the WC, but 2 French victories next weekend would be the best possible result for the game.

But that's supporting expansion only when it suits.

It's easy to support a French side when they are playing a side other than your own or that you have no connection with. 

I would say the French national team winning is most important as competitive  international rugby draws in media interest. 

Really difficult decision but if I had to choose then Catalan and Saints but only just.  The women's game doesn't even come close and I must admit I only thought of two choices when I read the topic title.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

13 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Who would it be? 

Can only be TOXIII v Fev for me. I think I’d rather sell my testicles to body part dealers than miss this one.

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yep. Arguably Toulouse game has greater potential to transform sport in Europe and France.  So for me,  it is the more important game. 

Still would be amazing to have French team win SL as well.  

I think you are going to be dissapointed on both counts Salop.

It would be a tough decision if the criteria were a little wider but if we are talking purely based on being entertained then the Super League Grand Final.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

It would be a tough decision if the criteria were a little wider but if we are talking purely based on being entertained then the Super League Grand Final.

Each to their own Dunny, I somewhat liked the absence of wrestling, fictitious crusher tackles, the player's who want to ref the game and challenge every decision, and the defending teams faking injuries to stop the attacking teams momentum.

Now I know it is not 100% this way, but it is a vast improvement on what goes on in SL. Granted the player's are of a better quality in SL if only they would get on with the game as they do in the Championship it would be 10x improoved.

26 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Each to their own Dunny, I somewhat liked the absence of wrestling, fictitious crusher tackles, the player's who want to ref the game and challenge every decision, and the defending teams faking injuries to stop the attacking teams momentum.

Now I know it is not 100% this way, but it is a vast improvement on what goes on in SL. Granted the player's are of a better quality in SL if only they would get on with the game as they do in the Championship it would be 10x improoved.

I agree with you on the features of the Championship game game.  The absence of wrestling and less messing around at the ruck is a real positive.  As is relatively better play the balls (although by no means great).

But to counter that, the Super League Grand Final involves the two best teams in the Northern Hemisphere - with blockbusting forwards, skillful halves and exciting outside backs.  Add to that, in the last game these teams met one team came from 30-12 with 9 minutes to go to win 31-30 and surely it is a crazy match not to watch.  All this played out to a 50k plus crowd with a great atmosphere and a gladiatorial feeling.

I am looking forward to all the games this weekend and we don't know which one is likely to play out the best but for sheer ingredients it has to be the final in the top tier.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived