• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Dave W said:

If they get promoted, just get Fev to rename themselves as Glasgow or Barcelona for the season. Job done

Feverly Hills then we can join our neighbours cas Vegas,shame pontefract don't have a team ,Ponte Carlo lol.

11 minutes ago, Bod said:

At least Fev would bring income to other clubs with plenty of travelling away fans. French teams just bring extra costs to all other Super League clubs.

Plus there’ll be an extra 75 Sky dishes sold  if Fev go up. 

34 minutes ago, Bod said:

At least Fev would bring income to other clubs with plenty of travelling away fans. French teams just bring extra costs to all other Super League clubs.

The thing is we’ve tried the heartland only model and it doesn’t grow support. The attendance at the french clubs matches or exceeds existing M25 teams. The last time anything exhilarating happened in SL was when Catalan and TWP joined. I’ve nothing against Fev but if we’re basing the future of the sport on a couple of hundred away fans I give up. 

23 minutes ago, Pie tries said:

It won’t be a disaster. Regular Yorkshire derbies in packed stadiums - be nice if To get promoted…but not a disaster.

There are currently 4 teams in West Yorkshire. How many of them play on packed stadiums when they're against each other?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

27 minutes ago, Pie tries said:

It won’t be a disaster. Regular Yorkshire derbies in packed stadiums - be nice if To get promoted…but not a disaster.

Yeah I imagine Headingly will be packed to the rafters when Fev come to down, and Huddersfield. 

7 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Come on Fev ! Shove it right up em! 

What a pathetic start to a thread. Why do Castleford even bother !

Us Leythers are right behind you. Best of luck 👍

What's point in the Championship if there's nothing to aim for ?

Toulouse have looked the best Championship team that I have seen this season albeit on limited evidence & I hope that they win next week but if they lose to Fev then that’s not a problem and Fev will have won their place in SL fairly and in line with the rules in place

7 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

What's point in the Championship if there's nothing to aim for ?

Absolutely   

Get it done. If you don't, we will look forward to the battles ahead endure the expansionists moaning that Toulouse need a decade to get up to speed in SL as they get walloped week in week out !

If Fev go up, long overdue.

I’d like to see 2 up 2 down, one doesn’t give enough teams a chance to improve themselves and doesn’t get rid of dead wood in SL quick enough. At the very least the champions go up, bottom go down and second play second bottom in the MPG. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

I’d like to see 2 up 2 down, one doesn’t give enough teams a chance to improve themselves and doesn’t get rid of dead wood in SL quick enough. At the very least the champions go up, bottom go down and second play second bottom in the MPG. 

Not for me, at least not in a 12 team league. You'd have half - or even more - of the league with their focus on the bottom rather than the top. That's not going to help the quality of play improve.

AS for 'dead wood' this season would have been Salford - a club that has been in the GF and the CC Final in the last few years. Hardly fits with the definition of 'dead wood' IMO

Get SL to 14, or preferably 16, teams, then I'd be happier to see 2 up 2 down.

3 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Not for me, at least not in a 12 team league. You'd have half - or even more - of the league with their focus on the bottom rather than the top. That's not going to help the quality of play improve.

AS for 'dead wood' this season would have been Salford - a club that has been in the GF and the CC Final in the last few years. Hardly fits with the definition of 'dead wood' IMO

Get SL to 14, or preferably 16, teams, then I'd be happier to see 2 up 2 down.

Yeah definitely 14, 12 isn’t enough, too many boring repetitive fixtures. However I do think the current turnover is too low. 

23 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Toulouse have looked the best Championship team that I have seen this season albeit on limited evidence & I hope that they win next week but if they lose to Fev then that’s not a problem and Fev will have won their place in SL fairly and in line with the rules in place

Definitely and good luck to Toulouse if they win they deserve to go up.

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I do think the current turnover is too low. 

Well that's because many of the teams that go up aren't good enough, and come straight back down

Having two teams go up and then come straight back down isn't much of an improvement!

Archived