• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I don’t know what the criteria is, or even if we have any criteria to meet to play in Super League anymore, that’s what I originally asked.

There used to be certain criteria but who knows what it is these days.

1 hour ago, EssexRL said:

The thing is we’ve tried the heartland only model and it doesn’t grow support. The attendance at the french clubs matches or exceeds existing M25 teams. The last time anything exhilarating happened in SL was when Catalan and TWP joined. I’ve nothing against Fev but if we’re basing the future of the sport on a couple of hundred away fans I give up. 

I meant M26. I wish there were M25 teams. 

I really like Toulouse and I think another French team in SL will be great... and I like the suggestion earlier of a Catalans/Toulouse road trip in my new car next year.

And I have always liked Fev.  They would immediately be my second SL team if they went up 

So, I am happy either way.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I dont agree with the OP . If Fev get there it would be a fantastic  achievement and a great story in itself , disaster is ridiculous hyperbole . Good on them if they do , theyll have earned it and it would be good to see a club with a rich history back at the top table . Toulouse winning would be another great story for different reasons , but either way its a positive if you want to see it , and the achievement will have been earned by right on the pitch as it always should be imo . The best team comes through by performance , i wish both well and hopes its a cracker

29 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I really like Toulouse and I think another French team in SL will be great... and I like the suggestion earlier of a Catalans/Toulouse road trip in my new car next year.

And I have always liked Fev.  They would immediately be my second SL team if they went up 

So, I am happy either way.

Erm I could read that as SL organizing fixtures so say (randomly chosen) Warrington could play at Catalan in say week 12 ans then Toulouse in week 13 thus allowing their supporters and everyone when this combo is tried a week in France. 

If its Fev then the closeness of Leeds, Wakey, Cas and Fev should ensure at least some vibrant games and crowds.

3 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Erm I could read that as SL organizing fixtures so say (randomly chosen) Warrington could play at Catalan in say week 12 ans then Toulouse in week 13 thus allowing their supporters and everyone when this combo is tried a week in France. 

I was really just referring to two French homes games, I wouldn't be especially bothered who the opposition was.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, Bod said:

At least Fev would bring income to other clubs with plenty of travelling away fans. French teams just bring extra costs to all other Super League clubs.

Will Fev if promoted bring any new fans to the game?

Will Fev if promoted bring any new sponsors to the game?

Will Fev if promoted see an increase in junior playing numbers in their area?

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

There used to be certain criteria but who knows what it is these days.

2021-operational-rules-tiers-1-3 Section A2:3 covers it broadly, and if you look further the rules for each division are laid out.

HTH

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

8 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

There is an excellent junior set up in the area at Featherstone Lions who have age all age groups for Children up to open age and have a good relationship with  the Rovers. Why do other clubs bring sponsorship to the game ? Or do you mean to their particular club? 

Featherstone meet all criteria and are certain to be promoted if they beat Toulouse. I don't even know why this has been questioned because there isn't the slightest doubt about this.

Same goes for Toulouse, they too of course will be promoted if they win the final.

If there was a criterion of being in a predominantly Rugby League area then of course Fev would win hands down. Toulouse is and will always be a Rugby Union stronghold.

Happily the outcome will be decided by who is better on the pitch in the final. Thank goodness for that.

18 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

Maybe not, but are they the criteria for being promoted? If so why aren’t the premier league rejecting the championship winners in favour of teams from India? 

3 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Why can't we celebrate what each teams brings to the game? 

In all honesty this is nub of it.  Both teams bring different things but both will be a novelty.  Hypothetical benefits that one club bring over the other are just waffle in the wind, no-one knows how things with pan out.  Whoever wins the day deserves to be there, I just hope it's Fev..   

14 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

There is an excellent junior set up in the area at Featherstone Lions who have age all age groups for Children up to open age and have a good relationship with  the Rovers. Why do other clubs bring sponsorship to the game ? Or do you mean to their particular club? 

When a club gets promoted to super league they generally bring in new fans to the game and new sponsors. Will Fev if promoted bring any new fans to the game and new sponsors?

Just now, lucky 7 said:

When a club gets promoted to super league they generally bring in new fans to the game and new sponsors. Will Fev if promoted bring any new fans to the game and new sponsors?

If you had a business in or around the Featherstone area would you like to be associated with the success of promotion?

Archived