12 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I mean, clubs literally get blocked from promotion and/or have to spend on ground/other improvements every season all the way through the pyramid.

The only reason you don't see it in the Football League is that there are shared criteria that virtually all clubs now meet for their next potential promotion but, for example, not every club in League Two right now would be eligible to get into the Premier League without serious upgrades.

Not every club in super league right now is eligible to play in the top flight without serious upgrades 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

I have a preference.

I'd like the winners of the million pound game to be promoted. I don't care if they're from Toulouse, Featherstone, Buenos Aires, Mogadishu, Emmerdale, Ambridge, Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch, Mars or Moonbase Alpha.

I’d love to hear the chant for Llanfairpg

9 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Not every club in super league right now is eligible to play in the top flight without serious upgrades 

Whitehaven were told before the playoffs that they didn’t have enough covered seating & adequate floodlights to be considered for Superleague in the unlikely event they were successful.

7 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Whitehaven were told before the playoffs that they didn’t have enough covered seating & adequate floodlights to be considered for Superleague in the unlikely event they were successful.

2 incumbents of sl have never met the criteria 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

33 minutes ago, clwydianrange said:

I’d love to hear the chant for Llanfairpg

Oh Llanky Llanky..

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Get a life pal you don't know why some people didn't go and weather puts lots of people going and not just at Featherstone.

What does my post about the game being on tv have to do with the weather? 

On 03/10/2021 at 13:31, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

That’s the population of the small town sitting between Wakefield and Castleford known as Featherstone according to the data from the last available census.

If they do upset the odds and win next week personally I think it’d be a disaster for the sport of Rugby League, but what I’d like to know is are they guaranteed promotion if they do win? I believe in previous years clubs had to meet certain criteria, do Featherstone meet them all? Would Batley have been promoted if they’d have won it?  Are these decisions made before or after the Championship Grand Final? If the Championship Grand Final winners are denied promotion for whatever reason would the bottom place Super League club keep their place? 

Need to look up surrounding towns to fev re knottingley, brotherton, ackworth, Pontefract etc etc. All have big following of fev fans that funelly enough have cars to drive the 2 miles over to fev👍👍

3 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Its just not about the population of the town.city it's also about bring news fans to the game and news sponsors and having proper junior development in that area.

I'm not sure Fev will bring any new fans to the game if I'm honest, but they might bring in new sponsors. For argument sake Peters the Plumbers people could sponsor them for £100 a try and Browns Building Supplies could sponsor them for £100 for all the penalty's they score and try conversions.

The criteria for any club coming into Super League surely must be a decent ground, new fans and new sponsors and and junior development

Think you need to do your homework!! FEVS stadium matches up to half of SL clubs and trounces it's neighbours cas an Waky!! Fev own their ground so unlike many puppet SL clubs who soly rely on SL money per season and rich sugar daddies until they either die,or throw their teddy out leaving the club in arrears along with paying over the odds to their football Masters to rent their ground and not profit on match days except for fan base takings and a few shirts sold!! Every penny at fev goes to fev!! Not many SL clubs can say that!!👍👍🤐

On 03/10/2021 at 13:43, bratman said:

What's best for SL and RL? International European city with population of 1m, or small yorkshire town with population 15k? There's obviously huge potential for the game in France, we need to build on it.

Sums it up nicely....According to James Gordon of Love Rugby League, the attendance of Toulouse Olympique XIII was 2,488. This is fifth in attendance with the second-tier Championship in England. Toulouse Olympique XIII won the third-tier League One in 2016. I close my case on a city that has a population of 1 million!! Shows the interest they are gaining😂🤐👍

5 minutes ago, rlfan2020 said:

Sums it up nicely....According to James Gordon of Love Rugby League, the attendance of Toulouse Olympique XIII was 2,488. This is fifth in attendance with the second-tier Championship in England. Toulouse Olympique XIII won the third-tier League One in 2016. I close my case on a city that has a population of 1 million!! Shows the interest they are gaining😂🤐👍

You do accept they got 7000 for the game last week then? That is 2021 not 2016.

24 minutes ago, Scubby said:

You do accept they got 7000 for the game last week then? That is 2021 not 2016.

I think more like 5k tbh with 1k of them tickets being give aways. Do you accept that a city having 1 million people only brings on "average" 10-15 fans as away support?? To England your very own country? Or are you french? 👍😁

7 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Its just not about the population of the town.city it's also about bring news fans to the game and news sponsors and having proper junior development in that area.

I'm not sure Fev will bring any new fans to the game if I'm honest, but they might bring in new sponsors. For argument sake Peters the Plumbers people could sponsor them for £100 a try and Browns Building Supplies could sponsor them for £100 for all the penalty's they score and try conversions.

The criteria for any club coming into Super League surely must be a decent ground, new fans and new sponsors and and junior development

As someone else mentioned, you might want to research who Fev’s main sponsors are before making comments like that. I’d also be interested to hear which promoted club, or any club for that matter, brought in sponsors directly for the league itself?

Toulouse is a traditional RL area, both teams would likely bring back lapsed and new fans upon promotion. Both clubs’ attendances in the championship are similar.
Both teams have good stadia and facilities.

Both teams have good junior development records, Fev’s historically better. If they get promoted I’m sure they’ll be allowed to have an academy again and player production will resume.

How would you measure ‘new fans’ and ‘new sponsors’ as criteria before a team is even promoted? Utterly ridiculous comment.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

8 hours ago, DEANO said:

That would literally be the point. Rugby league abandoned standards, other sports keep and enforce them.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 hours ago, Pie tries said:

What’s your point? There will be more in Headingly for Fev the Toul. 

good luck to Fev if they get promoted - Salford and a few other clubs could learn from them about how to run a club. Nice ground (own ground) plenty of fans….yet somehow their getting promoted is a disaster ?

Agree two French teams would be good, but it’s not a disaster…..talking the game down is not needed…

I don’t think Fev going up would be a disaster at all, I was just saying that I don’t think West Yorkshire’s grounds will be full when Fev play at them. 

5 hours ago, rlfan2020 said:

I think more like 5k tbh with 1k of them tickets being give aways. Do you accept that a city having 1 million people only brings on "average" 10-15 fans as away support?? To England your very own country? Or are you french? 👍😁

I hope Facebook is back online now.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

On 03/10/2021 at 13:53, Scubby said:

What is the population of Saracens? 

Featherstone have historically pulled in fans from a wide region. I grew up watching Featherstone and lived half an hour away. 

Population of Hendon of where Saracens is based is 132,062 according to the last census. If you were brining in a 30 mins travelling time you would be looking at most of North London so talking millions 

22 minutes ago, BridBeachRL said:

Population of Hendon of where Saracens is based is 132,062 according to the last census. If you were brining in a 30 mins travelling time you would be looking at most of North London so talking millions 

Exactly , and Saracens average attendances are ? 

6 hours ago, rlfan2020 said:

Oh dear,struggling with no Facebook ?

47 minutes ago, BridBeachRL said:

Exactly, and its exposed even when compared with AFC Bournemouth too. Fundamentally we're dealing with much smaller numbers.

Before I read this thread I wanted Toulouse to win this weekend but having read the 5hite posted here I would love nothing more than for Fev to come up and wind up the snob that is the OP

Bring back Super Leagues biggest Derby

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Archived