One thing I will say for Fev is that I've never seen as hostile an atmosphere for my team as Fev vs Leeds at POR in November 1994.

Is hostility a selling point? Perhaps as a barometer for how enthusiastic the locals are for Rugby League. And Leeds got off easily compared to Bill Harrigan who was refereeing (although Fev were particularly dirty in that game).

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, M j M said:

One thing I will say for Fev is that I've never seen as hostile an atmosphere for my team as Fev vs Leeds at POR in November 1994.

Is hostility a selling point? Perhaps as a barometer for how enthusiastic the locals are for Rugby League. And Leeds got off easily compared to Bill Harrigan who was refereeing (although Fev were particularly dirty in that game).

I can remember groups of Leeds fans spitting on the Fev team as they walked out at Headingly, back when the changing rooms were in the corner. It usually galvanised Rovers. I've never seen us lose to Leeds at Headingley, apart from Rob Burrow's testimonial game.

41 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Before I read this thread I wanted Toulouse to win this weekend but having read the 5hite posted here I would love nothing more than for Fev to come up and wind up the snob that is the OP

Bring back Super Leagues biggest Derby

For sheer visceral hatred, you just can't beat the atmosphere at a Fev v Cas game. Love it.

And I say that as a bloke who's best mates are all Cas fans 😀

I'm getting quite misty eyed at memories of being in The Bullock Shed on derby day.

On 04/10/2021 at 03:33, Robin Evans said:

Juvenile post. Fev offered to play the return fixture. Toulouse declined. I can understand why.

It's all down to next week now. I'll live wi that 

Why didn't Fev go to Toulouse earlier in the season?

On 04/10/2021 at 07:21, Eddie said:

Which new fans from Merseyside got into Widnes when they went up, and which new sponsors? Widnes isn’t in Merseyside. 

I didn't say that Widnes is in Mersyeside did i.

I was pointing out that where they got some new fans from.

In future read my posts carefully

11 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

I didn't say that Widnes is in Mersyeside did i.

I was pointing out that where they got some new fans from.

In future read my posts carefully

Just a point- Widnes were sponsored by Liverpool European Capital of Culture in 2007 when in the NFP..... 

9 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

But it was alright for Toulouse to come here and beat Fev

OF Course RFL ruling  all FULL time clubs in UK and France could travel abroad to play PART time reams in UK couldn't 

TO are FULL time so they were allowed to come over here

FEV and all the others PART time so RFL  said NO

remember FULL time london were docked 2 points for refusing to go to TO

2 minutes ago, POR said:

OF Course RFL ruling  all FULL time clubs in UK and France could travel abroad to play PART time reams in UK couldn't 

Legally the RFL couldn't have stopped Fev going to Toulouse if they wanted to

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Well that is simply untrue

well please tell me then who stopped FEV and all the other championship teams from travelling to TO 

BORIS J didn't ring  FEV and tell them we as a government are banning you and all the other  Part time championship clubs  from france

4 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

Legally the RFL couldn't have stopped Fev going to Toulouse if they wanted to

BUT they could as a full member of the RFL FEV have to agree to follow all the rules and at that time the rule was no PART time team could travel to France

1 minute ago, POR said:

BUT they could as a full member of the RFL FEV have to agree to follow all the rules and at that time the rule was no PART time team could travel to France

I thought the rule was that part-time clubs could choose not to travel - because quarantine would disrupt their other employment - but full time clubs had to travel. Not that part-time clubs were banned.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 minutes ago, POR said:

No, the RFL ruled part time teams didn't have to travel and wouldn't face a points deduction for not doing so. Critical difference there. 

Fev chose not to because they a) didn't have to, and b) said they didn't want to take the 5 days quarantine on their return. 

2 minutes ago, POR said:

So that rule possibly cost Fev the chance of hosting the Championship grand final if they had gone to Toulouse and beaten them by a wider margin that Toulouse beat Fev by at Post office road

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

I thought the rule was that part-time clubs could choose not to travel - because quarantine would disrupt their other employment - but full time clubs had to travel. Not that part-time clubs were banned.

That is exactly the rule. Hence why when quarantine was up to 10 days Fev could decide that they wanted to go but the fixture couldn't be rearranged.

21 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

For sheer visceral hatred, you just can't beat the atmosphere at a Fev v Cas game. Love it.

And yet the next day, they're all Leeds United fans.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

No, the RFL ruled part time teams didn't have to travel and wouldn't face a points deduction for not doing so. Critical difference there. 

Fev chose not to because they a) didn't have to, and b) said they didn't want to take the 5 days quarantine on their return. 

Well it's certainly cost Fev the chance of hosting the Championship grand final

9 minutes ago, POR said:

well please tell me then who stopped FEV and all the other championship teams from travelling to TO 

BORIS J didn't ring  FEV and tell them we as a government are banning you and all the other  Part time championship clubs  from france

Fev and all the other part time teams who didn't have to go because as part time teams, 5 and 10 day quarantines weren't something they wanted their players to do.

They could have gone. They chose, for very understandable reasons, not to.

8 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

Well it's certainly cost Fev the chance of hosting the Championship grand final

Not really even if Fev had traveled to Toulouse & beaten them,they’d still have finished below them in the table.

Archived