• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, lucky 7 said:

I didn't say that Widnes is in Mersyeside did i.

I was pointing out that where they got some new fans from.

In future read my posts carefully

Did they really get new fans from Merseyside when they got promoted? 

3 hours ago, lucky 7 said:

Why didn't Fev go to Toulouse earlier in the season?

Whilst I'd had enough of covid protocols and changes in laws/advice to be bothered taking notice, and as I'm not intending travelling abroad til next year at least, I'm unsure of the uk law at the time tho french law was a little clearer.

I believe fev were prohibited from travelling to their away fixture.

It matters not. An opportunity presents itself on Sunday for fev to get promoted. Normally I'm a half empty miserable b'stard, but all year I've said fev will win and it'll be in Toulouse.

Not going is getting to me now. I'm going to miss our promotion game.

54 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Nope.... they're not! Oh no. On that you are most definitely incorrect my fellow ginger correspondent. 😊

Ah, I get you. They don't even wait until the next day before joining as one to sing Marching On Together at Elland Road.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Ah, I get you. They don't even wait until the next day before joining as one to sing Marching On Together at Elland Road.

Tbf there are a sizeable minority of Cas, Fev and Wakey Fans who support clubs other than Leeds United, (Man United, Huddersfield Town or the Sheffield clubs being the most prevalent) which in my experience only increases their spite to the Rhinos. 

As I said though, still a minority.

On 04/10/2021 at 06:44, Dallas Mead said:

Because it’s not what the sport needs, another small Yorkshire club in the top league.  Literally the last thing it needs actually, 3 SL clubs within a 10 mile radius is utter madness.   2 French clubs in SL meanwhile will be awesome.  Try something new to actually spread and grow the game.

Please just win Toulouse……🙏

In what radius could you fit Wigan Warrington St Helens Leigh Salford? or even Widnes

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

No "they" bloody don't. You will see Hades skating over the Mediterranean in August before you will see me..... or a good many other souls, associated wi that sheeeite!

Just so you're fully informed.😊

23 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

No "they" bloody don't. You will see Hades skating over the Mediterranean in August before you will see me..... or a good many other souls, associated wi that sheeeite!

Just so you're fully informed.😊

Sorry but iam lost here, what's this  about going to Elland Road???

6 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

They didn't stop Super League clubs going to France and they didn't soccer teams

I know. Elite sports were allowed to continue under review.

As I said earlier, I'd had enough of c-19.... it was bad enough responding to ever changing dictats within the NHS to immerse myself in even uk law let alone french law as I have no immediate plans to travel.

As far as I was aware, the french govt retained the power to restrict/refuse admission at their borders. The applicant this has been used with varying levels of efficacy and indeed diligence from what I recall. 

But as most of this is from memory and with little interest from me in border control here or France, I could be talking sheeite.

Either way, fev have an opportunity on Sunday to gain promotion. Job sorted. 

11 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I know. Elite sports were allowed to continue under review.

As I said earlier, I'd had enough of c-19.... it was bad enough responding to ever changing dictats within the NHS to immerse myself in even uk law let alone french law as I have no immediate plans to travel.

As far as I was aware, the french govt retained the power to restrict/refuse admission at their borders. The applicant this has been used with varying levels of efficacy and indeed diligence from what I recall. 

But as most of this is from memory and with little interest from me in border control here or France, I could be talking sheeite.

Either way, fev have an opportunity on Sunday to gain promotion. Job sorted. 

The short version is that Fev could have gone to France, didn’t, and now are going to France.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

21 hours ago, Eddie said:

Did they really get new fans from Merseyside when they got promoted? 

I'm told they did, but wouldn't know the numbers

We have a vast fan potential out there, but for reasons unknown to me we never exploit it. It seem we keep relying on a ever sinking fan base from RL areas in the past. Much the same with junior development

3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

The short version is that Fev could have gone to France, didn’t, and now are going to France.

They possibly could have gone although probably not as the Governing body weren't authorising the games. The RFL had said games in France weren't going ahead for PT clubs so they would not have supplied match officials and any game would have probably led to sanctions against the clubs involved.

5 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

They could have gone but wouldn't have been able to play TO. The RFL had said games in France weren't going ahead for PT clubs so they would not have supplied match officials and any game would have been unauthorised leading to possible sanctions against the clubs involved.

That's different to what I read at the time - which was about how clubs were not required to go unless they were full time.

I can't remember seeing anything that said the matches wouldn't be sanctioned, and I can't see anything now via a (admittedly quick) google.

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

That's different to what I read at the time - which was about how clubs were not required to go unless they were full time.

I can't remember seeing anything that said the matches wouldn't be sanctioned, and I can't see anything now via a (admittedly quick) google.

That means Toulouse’s home fixtures against Featherstone Rovers and Widnes Vikings, scheduled for May 1 and 8 respectively, will be postponed 

That looks like effectively not sanctioned to me

6 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

That means Toulouse’s home fixtures against Featherstone Rovers and Widnes Vikings, scheduled for May 1 and 8 respectively, will be postponed 

That looks like effectively not sanctioned to me

There's literally nothing there about not sanctioning.

32 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

They possibly could have gone although probably not as the Governing body weren't authorising the games. The RFL had said games in France weren't going ahead for PT clubs so they would not have supplied match officials and any game would have probably led to sanctions against the clubs involved.

What you've just typed there are blatant lies.

Part time teams could have travelled and played in France if they were able to and wanted to and on the flipside of that didn't have to travel to play in France. Either choice taken would not have resulted in sanctions or the club being penalised. 

Where did you get this information from?

Archived