Cyclists- quick question

Sounds like common sense to me.

Cycling, I blame Kevin Keegan.

Kevin's wobbling crash horror featured highly in my uncles' lexicon of in jokes and so rested itself in my mind.

When they (dumped) gave me some videos and reel to reel recordings of TV shows of the recent past, Kevin's fall from sporting grace featured.

I was intrigued not by the descending curly Scunthorpian, but by a Brummie called Fielding who played rugby. I checked the backstory and next I was in the Shed and there it began.

The affliction and affection of RL and SRD.

Now That isn't common sense.

21 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Kevin's wobbling crash horror featured highly in my uncles' lexicon of in jokes and so rested itself in my mind.

When they (dumped) gave me some videos and reel to reel recordings of TV shows of the recent past, Kevin's fall from sporting grace featured.

I was intrigued not by the descending curly Scunthorpian, but by a Brummie called Fielding who played rugby. I checked the backstory and next I was in the Shed and there it began.

As a fellow sufferer, I can confirm that supporting SRD is definitely an affliction. I can even blame my parents for it. Does that make it congenital?

As for RW's original question, I don't know, but I can still ride a bike without falling off.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

On 03/10/2021 at 19:48, idrewthehaggis said:

Great memories. Superstars would never be allowed now. All that valuable, highly insured flesh.

Keegan is from Armthorpe, by the way, not Scunny.

I'm not sure how groups go on these days, but certainly when I'm out and about I will move out in the primary position when I see a pinch point up ahead to prevent vehicles from passing. It doesn't always make you popular, like, although anyone sensible won't be trying to pass you when there's no room in any case. Bear in mind that the highway code suggests leaving as much room as you would for a small car when passing a cyclist anyway.

British Cycling advice:

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/cycletraining/article/ct20110110-cycletraining-Bitesize-Bikeability--Part-4--On-Road-Positioning-0

9 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Great memories. Superstars would never be allowed now. All that valuable, highly insured flesh.

Keegan is from Armthorpe, by the way, not Scunny.

Cheers. Corrected.

And just in case you may speculate. My uncles were employed by Rediffusion and often erm "borrowed" equipment to record off the telly. (Itself illegal then) and not enthuses of "adult" cinema.

Archived