Toulouse V Featherstone

12 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Whoever wins will deserve it and it won't be down to the referee. 

Hope your right,,can i come back if your not.:kolobok_buba: it has a chance to be a classic and also a fantastic advert for the championship too, may the BEST team win.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, barnyia said:

If Toulouse attack like they're playing touch rugby as they did on Saturday it could be very difficult for them 

Difficult for whom? TO tried that against Batley and reverted back to route 1 in the 2nd half after a telling off. If it means going up the middle with the pack to win, then they will do that. It's a shame as the stadium is set up for fast wide flowing rugby. 

Featherstone will have the cards stacked against them. They will be flying to France on Sunday morning and playing later the same day. That's one long day. So we are swimming upstream again but it's not as bad as 2 years ago against Toronto when we had to play Toulouse (beat them comprehensively I seem to remember) on the sunday evening. They flew back to England the next day to Stansted and got back Monday evening. They then flew to Canada on Thursday. Phew!

At least this time we have 8 days between games and apart from a few long term injuries should hopefully have a full squad to pick from. If we control the ball like we did against Fax on Saturday and play with the same discipline and strength in defence Toulouse will have to be at their best to beat us. 

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

I’ve just arrived in France and might go to the game.

What are the rules about entering the ground?  Is it proof you’ve been vaccinated, latest test or what?

The rules are that you have to show a pass sanitaire..proof of vaccination or negative test.

However, at the game last Saturday no one was checking. Getting 7000 people thru the gates was a challenge enough.

A big BUT, I have no idea what is happening at the borders at the moment. Getting into France without being proper vaxxed you shouldn't be allowed is my understanding. Unvaxxed you need a proper reason, and watching a rugby match is not on the list of proper reasons. 

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

Difficult for whom? TO tried that against Batley and reverted back to route 1 in the 2nd half after a telling off. If it means going up the middle with the pack to win, then they will do that. It's a shame as the stadium is set up for fast wide flowing rugby. 

For Toulouse

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

I’ve just arrived in France and might go to the game.

What are the rules about entering the ground?  Is it proof you’ve been vaccinated, latest test or what?

Pass sanitaire so either vaccinated or a test before, just like for all restaurants, bars cinema etc 

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

Not sure that route 1 will be that effective against Rovers. TO and our packs are pretty closely matched for size, speed and quality.

I really can't wait for this game, it promises to be an absolute belter. May the best team win.

6 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Nope, just a beret or flat cap.

Aren't they just two versions of the same thing?

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Don't say that in Fev FFS. Next you will be saying Whippets and Greyhounds are the same

I should have explained, you walk under one and alongside the other! 

On 03/10/2021 at 21:14, The British Lion said:

Main question..... Does anyone know if this is available to watch in the UK? I've looked but can't see any obvious indication you can.

Predictions?

Rfl will no doubt be advertising it.... Think adverts for it go out Sunday evening about 10pm🤐🤐👍

Main question..... Does anyone know if this is available to watch in the UK? I've looked but can't see any obvious indication you can.

Predictions?

Rfl will no doubt be advertising it.... Think adverts for it go out Sunday evening about 10pm🤐🤐👍

Predictions?

Predictions?

15 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Would it be too much to ask for Hull FC supporters to shout for Fev in this one.

I will be on your side. My favourite Hull player when I first started supporting them was Freddie Miller who was our fullback from 1932-50. Sad when he transferred to Featherstone Rovers but I supported them him at the Wembley 1952 CC final which they lost against a Workington side inspired by Gus Risman. Know Fred was very popular at Fev -do they still have a Fred M. gate at the ground?

Toulouse  and Featherstone need to know whether they get  their  fair share of the  Sky money before the game.

SL have already shafted  Toronto and Leigh so need to be careful.

6 hours ago, clogdance said:

Toulouse will be far more 'fresher' having only played 14 league games compared to Featherstone's 29 league & cup games

Maybe I've got my blue and white striped glasses on, but I think that's in Fev's favour.  We're battle hardened and match fit. Lots of TO players were blowing and cramping against Batley. And when Batley were able to apply pressure, TO looked pretty rattled.

50 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Maybe I've got my blue and white striped glasses on, but I think that's in Fev's favour.  We're battle hardened and match fit. Lots of TO players were blowing and cramping against Batley. And when Batley were able to apply pressure, TO looked pretty rattled.

Yeah I think people have generally overlooked this factor when making comments about TOs inconsistent fixtures this season.

Anyone who has played the game knows that you can do conditioning at training until you're blue in the face but there's simply no substitute for match fitness. There's a big difference between getting flogged week in, week out at training and playing a full-intensity match against opposition who are constantly forcing repeat efforts out of you. Players were cramping up quite early in the game at Fev as well, if Fev can get a good jump out of the gate I think they'll be quite confident in their ability to grind the game out.

Archived