Toulouse V Featherstone

12 hours ago, Steven Grason said:

Featherstone will have the cards stacked against them. They will be flying to France on Sunday morning and playing later the same day. That's one long day. So we are swimming upstream again but it's not as bad as 2 years ago against Toronto when we had to play Toulouse (beat them comprehensively I seem to remember) on the sunday evening. They flew back to England the next day to Stansted and got back Monday evening. They then flew to Canada on Thursday. Phew!

At least this time we have 8 days between games and apart from a few long term injuries should hopefully have a full squad to pick from. If we control the ball like we did against Fax on Saturday and play with the same discipline and strength in defence Toulouse will have to be at their best to beat us. 

I thinks it’s actually the best way.  Everyone together, no extra time for distractions.

i saw plenty of that when teams used to stay at the golf hotel in st Cyprien for the dragons games.  

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Steven Grason said:

Featherstone will have the cards stacked against them. They will be flying to France on Sunday morning and playing later the same day. That's one long day. So we are swimming upstream again but it's not as bad as 2 years ago against Toronto when we had to play Toulouse (beat them comprehensively I seem to remember) on the sunday evening. They flew back to England the next day to Stansted and got back Monday evening. They then flew to Canada on Thursday. Phew!

At least this time we have 8 days between games and apart from a few long term injuries should hopefully have a full squad to pick from. If we control the ball like we did against Fax on Saturday and play with the same discipline and strength in defence Toulouse will have to be at their best to beat us. 

Haven’t most Superleague teams been doing that for a few years now,they obviously don’t think it’s a major disadvantage.

15 hours ago, silverback said:

Hope your right,,can i come back if your not.:kolobok_buba: it has a chance to be a classic and also a fantastic advert for the championship too, may the BEST team win.

Winners win, losers blame the ref. Ever heard a winning coach say they only won due to the referees decisions? 

7 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Winners win, losers blame the ref. Ever heard a winning coach say they only won due to the referees decisions? 

No, But have seen it happen many a time,i reckon you have too. May best team win.

27 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

If Fev are even close with 25 left just wait for 15 mins without the ball, Fev would have to spend a fortune to get the ground ready for a Sky night game

No different to 2019 (about 2m20s in)

BBC Radio Leeds - West Yorkshire Sport: Pre-match, 05/10/2019, We only really fail on the floodlights - Longo

9 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

IF you ever played the game you would know when playing in a tight game . ..how a ref can influence a game at key moments of the game!!

On 04/10/2021 at 18:03, kiggy said:

Difficult for whom? TO tried that against Batley and reverted back to route 1 in the 2nd half after a telling off. If it means going up the middle with the pack to win, then they will do that. It's a shame as the stadium is set up for fast wide flowing rugby. 

A wide pitch will suit Fev just fine will make the feel like their at home on their own wide pitch.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

14 hours ago, rlfan2020 said:

IF you ever played the game you would know when playing in a tight game . ..how a ref can influence a game at key moments of the game!!

Funnily enough I played for 25 years, but before a game I didn't whine that a referee's decision "might" change the result. I took the view you have 80 minutes to win a game and if you don't, look in the mirror first.

Appreciate lots of RL people are obsessed with blaming the referee for losing a game rather than look at all the errors and missed tackles their own team made. It's much easier. 

Who'd have thought it. 2 French teams in major finals? Good luck to all involved this weekend and  hope our game wins out and gets the positive exposure it deserves. Let's hope it also gives a huge shot in the arm fornthe game in France. I for one can't wait to get my fix 👍

On 05/10/2021 at 08:26, Davo5 said:

Haven’t most Superleague teams been doing that for a few years now,they obviously don’t think it’s a major disadvantage.

Yes, think on balance the sports scientists seem to prefer it as less disruptive to training & rehab regimes - it’s done through choice rather than necessity etc 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

On 05/10/2021 at 17:53, sweaty craiq said:

If Fev are even close with 25 left just wait for 15 mins without the ball, Fev would have to spend a fortune to get the ground ready for a Sky night game

New lights are imminent. Crash barriers are only required if we need to increase capacity. 

All in hand Craig lad.

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

New lights are imminent. Crash barriers are only required if we need to increase capacity. 

All in hand Craig lad.

Local authority will be responsible should problems occur, they will change tune when faced with reality of some 7k gates

On 04/10/2021 at 19:37, Steven Grason said:

In general though, only one team has clearly had the cards stacked against them all season in the championship, that being Toulouse who have had to play nearly all their games away where the other team has the advantage of being home, including the game they won at Featherstone obviously.  If Toulouse get promoted it will have been a remarkable achievement considering how heavily the cards have been "stacked against them".

1 hour ago, Hello said:

In general though, only one team has clearly had the cards stacked against them all season in the championship, that being Toulouse who have had to play nearly all their games away where the other team has the advantage of being home, including the game they won at Featherstone obviously.  If Toulouse get promoted it will have been a remarkable achievement considering how heavily the cards have been "stacked against them".

H,

You can’t truely believe this can you? If TO had played all their  regular season games they still would have had to come to the UK for these games, so where is the hardship for them? They have chosen to play in a UK league with the hope of getting to the holy grail of SL, and having to come to the UK for those away fixtures comes with that.

In truth TO have had it relatively easy from a playing perspective, a game every two weeks as full time players has meant the have turned out fresh every game, meaning a lack of injuries for them that have occurred to all the other championship sides. Now none of this is there fault, it is just the way of the world at the moment, but to say they have had it “stacked against them” is just laughable.

Now if you want to talk about how the pandemic has affected their finances, etc. then that becomes a different conversation.

37 minutes ago, bentleyman said:

As always interesting thoughts Grinder im sure you will have an enjoyable w/e but i will be shouting for Toulouse see you next season 🍻

Good for you. Regarding The Grinders thoughts, he is correct, saying Toulouse have played every game away, that is because they have had no home games. If it was a normal season they would still have had to play those games, so not having home games they have had plenty of rest. With a full time squad they have played 13 games, Featherstone have played 26, with more chance of injuries. So they haven't been too hard done by.

9 hours ago, bentleyman said:

As always interesting thoughts Grinder im sure you will have an enjoyable w/e but i will be shouting for Toulouse see you next season 🍻

Bentleyman,

I’ll see you next year even after Fev win 😉for a Fax game or 2. Assuming we end up with a free Sunday we you play Leigh I’ll aim to be there. 🍻🏉🍻

12 hours ago, Hello said:

In general though, only one team has clearly had the cards stacked against them all season in the championship, that being Toulouse who have had to play nearly all their games away where the other team has the advantage of being home, including the game they won at Featherstone obviously.  If Toulouse get promoted it will have been a remarkable achievement considering how heavily the cards have been "stacked against them".

Now if the RFL said TO you have to play all your games in the UK like TWP was expected to do in 2020 then the cards would have been " heavily stacked against them"  

Apart from playing their home games against widnes and swinton   in the uk  all they have done is play all their  other away games

Archived