Toulouse V Featherstone

15 hours ago, The Grinder said:

H,

You can’t truely believe this can you? If TO had played all their  regular season games they still would have had to come to the UK for these games, so where is the hardship for them? They have chosen to play in a UK league with the hope of getting to the holy grail of SL, and having to come to the UK for those away fixtures comes with that.

In truth TO have had it relatively easy from a playing perspective, a game every two weeks as full time players has meant the have turned out fresh every game, meaning a lack of injuries for them that have occurred to all the other championship sides. Now none of this is there fault, it is just the way of the world at the moment, but to say they have had it “stacked against them” is just laughable.

Now if you want to talk about how the pandemic has affected their finances, etc. then that becomes a different conversation.

Yep, I certainly do believe it.  I can't believe that you or anyone else would be happy to be told "oh by the way, pretty much all your games next season will be away and therefore your opponent will have home advantage."  It is a well established fact that home advantage is very important in sport.  So to answer your question, that has been the considerable hardship for them.  As for the injuries thing, I see your argument there to be fair, but still can't believe that any fan or player would want to be deprived of all their matches in which they would have home advantage.

I will be supporting Toulouse for the greater good of the game IMHO, but good luck to Featherstone if they get promoted, and I won't argue that Featherstone don't deserve promotion if they do win.  Everyone knew the play off set-up at the beginning of the season.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Hello said:

Yep, I certainly do believe it.  I can't believe that you or anyone else would be happy to be told "oh by the way, pretty much all your games next season will be away and therefore your opponent will have home advantage."  It is a well established fact that home advantage is very important in sport.  So to answer your question, that has been the considerable hardship for them.  As for the injuries thing, I see your argument there to be fair, but still can't believe that any fan or player would want to be deprived of all their matches in which they would have home advantage.

I will be supporting Toulouse for the greater good of the game IMHO, but good luck to Featherstone if they get promoted, and I won't argue that Featherstone don't deserve promotion if they do win.  Everyone knew the play off set-up at the beginning of the season.

As was said though, Toulouse did what they would have done in a normal  season and completed their away fixtures - well almost they played 12 games - throughout the season, they would have had to have done this under normal circumstances, so what makes this season so enduring for them?

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

@Davo5 you don't need to be confused, it is quite simple really, a championship season consists of 13 home and 13 away fixtures  Toulouse nearly completed all their away fixtures, in a normal season they would have played one more game away from home I honestly can't  see how you are struggling with that!

And what percentage of their games in the regular season did they have home advantage for hey? Lies, damn lies and statistics......

14 hours ago, Hello said:

And what percentage of their games in the regular season did they have home advantage for hey? Lies, damn lies and statistics......

No lies, no damn lies, just the truth if you want to call that a statistic go ahead.

The simple fact is Toulouse played all but one of their scheduled away games this season, circumstances prevented them playing any at home, even though one game could have gone ahead but London forfeited the game, and Fev said they would travel to play their away game but Toulouse denied them the privaledge.

Don't go telling me and moaning that they had to travel to all their games, the club itself and all the players they employ signed up to travel to the UK at least 13 times in the regular season, would you have preferred  they had a walkover in every game been nominated Champions and played only in the play-offs at home?

They asked to join the RFL system knowing they would be travelling A LOT, stop trying to make out they have been hard done by, they haven't.

19 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

No lies, no damn lies, just the truth if you want to call that a statistic go ahead.

The simple fact is Toulouse played all but one of their scheduled away games this season, circumstances prevented them playing any at home, even though one game could have gone ahead but London forfeited the game, and Fev said they would travel to play their away game but Toulouse denied them the privaledge.

Don't go telling me and moaning that they had to travel to all their games, the club itself and all the players they employ signed up to travel to the UK at least 13 times in the regular season, would you have preferred  they had a walkover in every game been nominated Champions and played only in the play-offs at home?

They asked to join the RFL system knowing they would be travelling A LOT, stop trying to make out they have been hard done by, they haven't.

You are Never tired aren’t you ? 

17 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

@Davo5 you don't need to be confused, it is quite simple really, a championship season consists of 13 home and 13 away fixtures  Toulouse nearly completed all their away fixtures, in a normal season they would have played one more game away from home I honestly can't  see how you are struggling with that!

Nearly ?

Who didn't they play ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

A bit harsh saying Toulouse denied them the privilege. Featherstone offered two dates, a Saturday, where Stade Toulouse had already a game on, and a Wednesday the following week. Featherstone knew full well they couldn't travel on the Wednesday as their players would have to miss a lot of work on their return, what will self-isolation and all that, and would be putting their own end of season at risk. It was a shame the game couldn't have been played but to lay the full blame on the Toulouse doorstep is rather harsh.

25 minutes ago, Griff said:

Nearly ?

Who didn't they play ?

Don't know Griff, but record shows they played 12 games and had one default v Bronco's at home so gained 26 points, in a 14 team league that would be 13 away fixtures, but corrections welcome.

Edit, I have just looked at the BBC site and it says they got 28 points, I can't think where I saw the other info!

But it still does not change the reasoning that in a normal season they would have to travel to the UK to play in 13 scheduled fixtures, does it?

8 minutes ago, kiggy said:

A bit harsh saying Toulouse denied them the privilege. Featherstone offered two dates, a Saturday, where Stade Toulouse had already a game on, and a Wednesday the following week. Featherstone knew full well they couldn't travel on the Wednesday as their players would have to miss a lot of work on their return, what will self-isolation and all that, and would be putting their own end of season at risk. It was a shame the game couldn't have been played but to lay the full blame on the Toulouse doorstep is rather harsh.

Not my words Kiggy, I read what the Fev hierarchy said.

7 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Don't know Griff, but record shows they played 12 games and had one default v Bronco's at home so gained 26 points, in a 14 team league that would be 13 away fixtures, but corrections welcome.

Edit, I have just looked at the BBC site and it says they got 28 points, I can't think where I saw the other info!

But it still does not change the reasoning that in a normal season they would have to travel to the UK to play in 13 scheduled fixtures, does it?

They played their 11 scheduled away games, two home games at Sale against Swinton and Widnes, plus the default game against London, for the record.

I'm not sure what your point is about not playing at home.  It's not some kind of advantage.   Quite apart from the financial burden, experience tells us that teams are likely to do better at home than away.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

10 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

You are clearly completely mis-representing what I said, so please stop.  I NEVER ONCE AT ALL AT ANY POINT moaned about them travelling.  I repeatedly stated that they missed out on home advantage in their regular season.  If you say they haven't been hard done by then I take it you would be fine with being told that Leigh will only have away fixtures next season and no home games yeah?  Don't make me laugh, please refrain and just accept that's it's clearly a major disadvantage for a team to lose the fixtures in which they would have had home advantage.

1 hour ago, Hello said:

You are clearly completely mis-representing what I said, so please stop.  I NEVER ONCE AT ALL AT ANY POINT moaned about them travelling.  I repeatedly stated that they missed out on home advantage in their regular season.  If you say they haven't been hard done by then I take it you would be fine with being told that Leigh will only have away fixtures next season and no home games yeah?  Don't make me laugh, please refrain and just accept that's it's clearly a major disadvantage for a team to lose the fixtures in which they would have had home advantage.

But that did not happen  yet still you moan.

Archived