Match Thread: Championship Final, Toulouse v Featherstone Rovers Sunday-10th-October-2021

marklaspalmas

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Yeds fan here. You are doing this, not just for you but for all the trad RL clubs out there. You've done the game proud, love what you've done to your ground and club. Go out there and do do it for us all. Come on Fev!

Well put that man. 👏👏

I agree. The people in charge are looking at expansion and finance. We were denied SL in the past even though we were a club that was inside the cut off off point. I reckon in spite of how good we are there are certain conditions that will apply even if we win that we do not fit into. These conditions will be under cover until the premotion aspect comes into focus. We do not know what the structure of the competition will be in the future.  

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Yes but he will be upsetting the EXPANSIONIST'S  !!!

TBH, I'm all for expansion. Providing it's natural expansion. I'm not at all into the type of expansion that's straight  off someone's drawing board. What right has someone to say that Toulouse will be a better fit in SL than Featherstone? I agree that minimum standards should be met. But those standards should be consistent. I'm certain Fev outshine CAS and Wakefield in that department. Unfortunately those in power have one eye on the union game.  They are trying to outdo twickers. Fev have done it the hard way, the right way. Wasn't that long ago Toulouse dropped out of the championship. Then they're invited back . No, that's not how it should be done. Now go out there and show the fake expansionists how it should be done.

We were not in a good state but David Hobbs helped us to that win over Oldham in 2007 back into The Championship.Steady progress and then Powell helped us to another level and for a few years we were best in the division with no promotion.Almost getting there with that valiant attempt against full time Toronto and then Leigh went into SL aithough we had a better record.That was a blessing in disguise we would not have appeared at Wembley again and on the field i fear we would have had a season like Leigh.And another big game to look forward to Sunday with Featherstone Rovers getting media profile.Its the uncertainty that keeps me going never a dull season.

With what will be happening next year Leigh Newcastle etc i really think we need to win on sunday getting out of this division really does not get any easier so cummon Fev i will need plenty of cider and some chill out music to get me through the match lol

One or two interesting interviews with fev personnel on West Yorkshire Sport this week

Martin Vickers
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09xwh19

Interesting about the Aussie agents calling him after the Halifax game, also as expected it sounds like some of the contracts for next year might need tweaking if we get promoted. £30,000 worth or merchandise sold in the last 2 weeks apparently!

James Webster
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09xlyg7 (from around 38:50 onwards)

Interesting comments from Webbo when asked about Sunday's team, bear in mind this was straight after the Fax game though.

Asked if he'd go with the same 17 against Toulouse or if there was a chance for Junior Moors to return..."there's a chance for Junior, a chance for Junior, 100%...got to make sure those sin bins are ok to start with for suspensions, Dean Parata was very unlucky to miss out, he'll come into contention, as will Dale Ferguson."

Whether Parata and Fergie coming into contention was dependent on Holmes/Cooper getting banned (which they didn't) is hard to tell, but interesting that Moors hasn't been ruled out yet.

There's also an interview with Chisholm about his longstanding friendship with Jy Hitchcox on there too.

Can't play both Ferggy and Moors who both lack match fitness.I had overlooked Moors thinking if he was ready he would have been on the bench for the Fax game.So who would you pick on the bench Sunday Ferggy or Moors?.I would pick Ferggy to give us more impact down the middle to tire the Toulouse forwards.It is not an easy choice i like both but can you risk two of them in the 17.

I think it would be surprising if Fergie is selected. As I've mentioned before, Webbo said that he missed out on the Fax league game because he was suspended for the two league games that followed and that he'd rather go with players who had a chance of being fit for the play-offs. After 4 weeks off he duly wasn't selected for the Halifax play-off game on Saturday, so it would be surprising if he's selected for the much more intense final after 5 weeks off. Of course we don't get to see how they are going in training though.

If Moors is considered fit enough he might be an option though, am sure our coaching staff will be aware that their two biggest and most high-impact forwards, Garbutt and Sangare, both start on the bench and will be coming on at around the same time our solid defenders Kopczak and Lockwood are likely to come off. When we played them in the league we had Harrison and Moors coming off the bench and consequently held up well, but we probably don't want three of our smaller middles (Cooper/Davies/Field) on the pitch at the same time as those two so Moors off the bench might be a good option.

15 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Fergy in front three. Brown chiz jonesy pivots. Parata off the bench. Holmes n coop 18&19 men. Rest sorts itself. 

I'm making the assumption moores isn't ready.

Brave selection Parata instead of Holmes glad you posted it and not me.But i suppose if you go without Holmes you have cover for the halves with Bussey.

We need size. They outmuscled us last time. Personally I wouldn’t have Holmes in the 17. I’d have Parata on the bench unless Jones is going to do 80 mins. I hope we have a plan B in attack this time as our plan A didn’t work last time against them but we seemed to keep trying the same things….the things that see  us put 40+ points on every other team in the division but weren’t good enough to break down their defence…when we did actually kept hold of the ball!

Archived