Match Thread: Championship Final, Toulouse v Featherstone Rovers Sunday-10th-October-2021

marklaspalmas

The difference will be Chizzy he wasn’t available last time also dagger pulled out in warm up which shifted hall to full back Davies to centre and whelam to the wing which won’t be the case this week I really fancy our chances webbo has had us playing some unbelievable rugby last few week and I think we will be fired up to get one up on the frogs 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rovers fev said:

The difference will be Chizzy he wasn’t available last time also dagger pulled out in warm up which shifted hall to full back Davies to centre and whelam to the wing which won’t be the case this week I really fancy our chances webbo has had us playing some unbelievable rugby last few week and I think we will be fired up to get one up on the frogs 

I dont think Bussey played last time either ?

I'd have Moors in even with a shoulder strapped up

What about Jones at centre.  Might not be a popular choice but I just think we have to throw the kitchen sink at them and to be left wondering with top players sat in the stand would be unforgivable.  Welham has been solid this year and he's got more.....solid as the season has progressed but nothing more than that for me.  Jones could provide a bit more zip and he'll tackle anything

7 hours ago, RobLambert said:

I dont think Bussey played last time either ?

I'd have Moors in even with a shoulder strapped up

What about Jones at centre.  Might not be a popular choice but I just think we have to throw the kitchen sink at them and to be left wondering with top players sat in the stand would be unforgivable.  Welham has been solid this year and he's got more.....solid as the season has progressed but nothing more than that for me.  Jones could provide a bit more zip and he'll tackle anything

For what possible reason would we play are best hooker at centre ? 

So...the usual squad of 19 has been named on the RFL website, and if it follows previous patterns we can narrow down the selection I reckon.

The two late-alphabet omissions are presumably Walker and Welham as usual. That means no Cooper and no Moors, if what's happened previously on the RFL website stands, as both names are missing.

Moors presumably still isn't fit. But if Cooper isn't going (and Webster said something in his interview about some players who aren't playing won't be travelling as they would have to take days off work) then that might open up a spot for Fergie.

Holmes and Parata are both named. It's interesting that Minns, Beckett and Doyle (not Blackmore) are all in the 21...whether they will be travelling on Sunday remains to be seen, I'd be surprised if any of them play. Which would leave the last spot between Holmes and Parata.

All in all, if the listing on the RFL website is reliable it looks like possible good news for Fergie fans, or maybe I've got this badly wrong!

https://www.rugby-league.com/match-centre/match-preview/2216771

Surprised by the squad. I assumed Blackmore and Cooper would be on the plane. I can easily believe the expired passport rumour going round.

So, as others have hinted, I see Fergie definitely on the bench, and Holmes over Parata for the other bench slot alongside JD and Bussey (assuming Field starts).

Minns, Beckett and Doyle along for the ride, barring last minute injuries.

1 hour ago, Rovers fev said:

Looking at the 21 I’d go for 

Walker Gale hardy whelam hall

Brown Chizzy 

koppy Jones locky 

ferres Halton field 

Holmes Davis bussey fergy 

That's the team i picked only i had Field prop Locky 13 but it dosn't matter with forwards these days with no scrums.

Aren't you worried about Chisholm's loyalty, he is a Frenchman after all 🙄

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

14 minutes ago, lingaro said:

As Robin say "it'll be ryght"

I hope you do it, you'll be my SL team, until you're relegated and I can hate you again 😉

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

So we’re bringing Holmes off the bench at Hooker? Or at halfback therefore spelling half backs like middles??? I know we can move Nu to hooker but surely half backs need to play together long term and develop an understanding not get 20 minutes then rotated. I’ll shut up when we win.

Archived